Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 62907 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #350 on: April 30, 2010, 07:49:48 AM »
why are the non believers so angry at the ones that do believe?  seriously, why does it piss you people off that much?  who gives a fuck what who believes?

I've often wondered about all that anger, myself.

So much angst about someone who allegedy doesn't exist.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: April 30, 2010, 08:14:11 AM »
I've often wondered about all that anger, myself.

So much angst about someone who allegedy doesn't exist.

It's because most people who claim to be religious aren't really all that religious.  They talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

If you are to look at just the teachings of Jesus, it's not a bad way to live your life, but so many so called "Christians" completely miss it.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #352 on: April 30, 2010, 08:17:28 AM »
clear thinking minds are far and inbetween on this issue. sad.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #353 on: April 30, 2010, 08:21:07 AM »
It's because most people who claim to be religious aren't really all that religious.  They talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

If you are to look at just the teachings of Jesus, it's not a bad way to live your life, but so many so called "Christians" completely miss it.

Unfortunately, that is true. We sin and fall short, way too many times.

The emphasis should be relying on His grace and striving to do better. But, often that gets lost in the mechanics of it all.

XXXII/LX

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • I have to return some video tapes.
« Reply #354 on: April 30, 2010, 08:38:33 AM »
clear thinking minds are far and inbetween on this issue. sad.

I love irony. I think the saying that your "clear thinking mind" was looking for is "few and far between". Sad

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #355 on: April 30, 2010, 08:44:38 AM »
I love irony. I think the saying that your "clear thinking mind" was looking for is "few and far between". Sad
hmm. possibly. but the way i put it still makes perfect sense.  :)  its not like i said "when in rome" totally out of context

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #356 on: April 30, 2010, 09:00:05 AM »
hmm. possibly. but the way i put it still makes perfect sense.  :)  its not like i said "when in rome" totally out of context

It makes sense in a way, though probably not the way you intended. 'Far and in-between' implies 'far and everything situated between far', which one would conclude means 'it encompasses everything'.

Meaning, everyone thinks with a clear mind.

Just yankin' your chain bro. ;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #357 on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:54 AM »
And this "agenda" gets shoved down your throat how, again?

It doesn't.  But that doesn't stop you idiots from trying.  Politics, education, social issues, etc...  You just can't accept your own little insecurities and keep that invisible man belief all to yourself, you try to force everyone else to accept your views as well.   Which only revels the hypocrisy of religious nim wits.

Interesting that you only pick and choose which posts to respond to on here.  Not that I can't blame you, hard to respond to most when you have NO ANSWER to them.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #358 on: April 30, 2010, 02:04:55 PM »
It makes sense in a way, though probably not the way you intended. 'Far and in-between' implies 'far and everything situated between far', which one would conclude means 'it encompasses everything'.

Meaning, everyone thinks with a clear mind.

Just yankin' your chain bro. ;D
  ;D

far ( not many close by).... in between [inbetween the split majority (Atheists/Theists) ]

;)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #359 on: April 30, 2010, 07:14:24 PM »
faith has nothing to do with science. Why won't people stop looking to explain it through science.

If the religious should look into something it should be the shroud of Turin, it is pretty good evidence that a man named Jesus existed and was crucified. The rest is up to your faith to believe.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #360 on: May 01, 2010, 12:47:14 AM »
faith has nothing to do with science. Why won't people stop looking to explain it through science.

If the religious should look into something it should be the shroud of Turin, it is pretty good evidence that a man named Jesus existed and was crucified. The rest is up to your faith to believe.

well, how many people go aorund trying to prove God with science or logic? I dont see any. I see people who supposedly believe in God going around denying science and living sinful lives creating a very negative image of God and religion for most people.

I see alot of people bashing religion, and most all of them do it on the basis that science has "debunked religion and God". well, if a religious person wishes to defend their beliefs... they have to defend against the offense, right? and the offense is playing 'science'

the offense is misguided, as is most on the defense.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #361 on: May 01, 2010, 05:18:36 AM »
well, how many people go aorund trying to prove God with science or logic? I dont see any. I see people who supposedly believe in God going around denying science and living sinful lives creating a very negative image of God and religion for most people.

I see alot of people bashing religion, and most all of them do it on the basis that science has "debunked religion and God". well, if a religious person wishes to defend their beliefs... they have to defend against the offense, right? and the offense is playing 'science'

the offense is misguided, as is most on the defense.

http://www.mjain.net/spirituality/STEPpdf.pdf

The study was conducted by both Harvard and the Mayo Clinic, among others.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #362 on: May 01, 2010, 05:29:26 AM »

Most men of Jesus time were 5'1, the man of the shroud of Turin is 5'11. Remember Jesus himself couldn't be picked out of a crowd and Jews used a binding shroud, not a sheet. It's a complete middle ages fabrication.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #363 on: May 01, 2010, 05:36:15 AM »
 ::)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: May 01, 2010, 06:54:42 AM »
By the very basis of what heaven is and how to gain entry, free will simply can not exist in heaven.  It is impossible to under the Christian notions and guidelines they bleat about.  

Lurker, sorry, I guess I don't understand what you mean.  Can you elaborate a little?

So you believe in Jesus as your lord and savior?

Which means you don't worship Allah, Zeus, Yaheweh, Buddah. Atheists just go one god further and include Jesus in that category.
Who's the authority on which god to worship?

Every major religion denounces each other.

Yes, I believe in Jesus as Savior.  

I think the Bhah'i (sp?) Faith doesn't denounce any major religion and includes all of them as correct.

Here's my take: if my fate has been decided by god already (I'm either saved or damned) nothing I do will change the outcome. I'll just live my life without the burden, be happy and see how it turns out. ;D

We should do a thread on Pre-Destination.... Maybe I'll start one on the Relig. Board..thanks Oldschool!

R

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: May 01, 2010, 07:02:18 AM »
why are the non believers so angry at the ones that do believe?  seriously, why does it piss you people off that much?  who gives a fuck what who believes?

Religious influence in education and politics comes to mind.

.  Politics, education, social issues, etc...  You just can't accept your own little insecurities and keep that invisible man belief all to yourself, you try to force everyone else to accept your views as well.

Lurker and Yngiwe, can you please give some of the examples of religious influence in education, politics and social issues that upset you?

R

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: May 01, 2010, 08:58:12 AM »
Lurker and Yngiwe, can you please give some of the examples of religious influence in education, politics and social issues that upset you?

atheists are not allowed to hold office is certain states, the president could never announce his atheism.

There is alot more, like opposing abortion clinics, saying condoms cause aids, faith healing leading to death of innocent people, the direct undermining of education in schools by trying to teach creationism.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #367 on: May 01, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
Don't forget that crap going on in Texas now where they have officially lessened Thomas Jefferson in the curriculum and focused on creation instead of evolution.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #369 on: May 01, 2010, 09:22:38 AM »
atheists are not allowed to hold office is certain states, the president could never announce his atheism.

A political candidate either advocating or admitting atheism/agnosticism is committing political suicide, regardless of said candidate's intellect or qualification. Many people simply would not vote for a candidate who did not share their religious allegiances.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #370 on: May 01, 2010, 11:38:23 AM »
http://www.mjain.net/spirituality/STEPpdf.pdf

The study was conducted by both Harvard and the Mayo Clinic, among others.
first of all...     no study will ever say anything about God.

Secondly.. wheres the results ?? i cant find them lol

and lastly... prayer isnt something to be measured. and its response isnt something physical (usually).

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #371 on: May 03, 2010, 07:11:15 AM »
Lurker, sorry, I guess I don't understand what you mean.  Can you elaborate a little?

Original Sin came from Adam (and Eve) having the freedom of choice.  "Free will".  It is stated that in heaven there is no pain or sin.  Correct?  Suppose one gets to heaven and wants to sin.  They can't.  Because sin doesn't exist in heaven.  So therefore the desire to sin does not exist either.  Or rather the choice to sin does not exist.  Choice and desire are the basis of free will.  Without it, free will can not exist.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #372 on: May 03, 2010, 09:19:11 AM »
first of all...     no study will ever say anything about God.
Conjecture.

You need to define God, before any real discussion can begin as a prime mover can differ immensely from the hands-on anthropomorphic sky god of the bible, but you claimed there has never been any studies done. Which is, of course, incorrect.

Secondly.. wheres the results ?? i cant find them lol

You never required results, just proof that studies are being done as per your previous statement.

well, how many people go aorund trying to prove God with science or logic? I dont see any.

Google is a great tool if you want to investigate further.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16569567

CONCLUSIONS: Intercessory prayer itself had no effect on complication-free recovery from CABG, but certainty of receiving intercessory prayer was associated with a higher incidence of complications.

and lastly... prayer isnt something to be measured. and its response isnt something physical (usually).

Read the synopsis of this particular study again.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #373 on: May 03, 2010, 09:30:39 AM »
Most men of Jesus time were 5'1, the man of the shroud of Turin is 5'11. Remember Jesus himself couldn't be picked out of a crowd and Jews used a binding shroud, not a sheet. It's a complete middle ages fabrication.
??? how can you tell the man who's face is on the shroud of turin is 5' 11"  ??? its a towel with the dirt/sweat/blood ? from a guys face nothing more.   ???

also you don't really believe there were no people who were 5'11" in the middle east do you ?
175lbs by 31st July

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #374 on: May 03, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »
??? how can you tell the man who's face is on the shroud of turin is 5' 11"  ??? its a towel with the dirt/sweat/blood ? from a guys face nothing more.   ???

also you don't really believe there were no people who were 5'11" in the middle east do you ?

lol Panda.... the shroud is said to have covered Jesus entire body.

It's a hoax though.
from incomplete data