Author Topic: L. Graham: "60 votes not there for amnesty unless War within Mexico dealt with."  (Read 1000 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Sen. Lindsey Graham: Arizona immigration bill may be unconstitutional
Politico ^ | 2010-04-26 | Manu Raju

Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:47:35 PM by rabscuttle385
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said Tuesday that the tough new Arizona immigration law will probably be struck down by the courts on constitutional grounds.

"In my view it's all uphill under the law," Graham told reporters. "I think they'll have a hard time upholding this law, that's my view."

Graham, who quipped that he was "not the brightest lawyer in town," said he had a "reasonable suspicion if it comes down to the color of your skin or the ethnic background as the dominant reason, it shouldn't hold up."

His position creates some daylight with his close friend Sen. John McCain, who is facing a tough primary challenge in Arizona but has supported comprehensive immigration reform in the past.

McCain has called the Arizona law a "step forward" and a "good tool" but his office says it does not represent an endorsement.

(snip)

"I don't believe you can get comprehensive immigration reform anywhere near 60 votes until you deal with this war in Mexico," Graham said.

________________________ ________________________ ______

Another RINO who needs to go. 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Sen. Lindsey Graham: Arizona immigration bill may be unconstitutional
Politico ^ | 2010-04-26 | Manu Raju

Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:47:35 PM by rabscuttle385
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said Tuesday that the tough new Arizona immigration law will probably be struck down by the courts on constitutional grounds.

"In my view it's all uphill under the law," Graham told reporters. "I think they'll have a hard time upholding this law, that's my view."

Graham, who quipped that he was "not the brightest lawyer in town," said he had a "reasonable suspicion if it comes down to the color of your skin or the ethnic background as the dominant reason, it shouldn't hold up."

His position creates some daylight with his close friend Sen. John McCain, who is facing a tough primary challenge in Arizona but has supported comprehensive immigration reform in the past.

McCain has called the Arizona law a "step forward" and a "good tool" but his office says it does not represent an endorsement.

(snip)

"I don't believe you can get comprehensive immigration reform anywhere near 60 votes until you deal with this war in Mexico," Graham said.

________________________ ________________________ ______

Another RINO who needs to go. 

QFT...he was all about the McCain/Kennedy?Bush amnesty bill when it was popular.  He's a prick.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Are Tancreo and Kristol also RINOS?  LOL!

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Are Tancreo and Kristol also RINOS?  LOL!

Don't give a damn...I've never supported them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Mccain, Bush and Palin all supported the amnesty bill.

Romney supported amnesty.  Rudy endorsed the amnesty bill.

Huckabee supported amnesty in his own state for 10 years.

They're all on board with this one...

James

Sarah Palin Interview with Lars Larson on 12/3/09:

LARS: The amnesty proposal that was defeated in Congress — in your view, was that amnesty for illegals and would you back amnesty for a path to citizenship, as the current president calls it?

SARAH PALIN: No, I’m not for amnesty. Let’s ratchet this down quite simply to remember what we’re referring to. Illegal aliens are called “illegal” for a reason. We need to secure our borders and I am not for amnesty. And there are humane ways to deal with the 11-13 million illegal aliens who are in our country right now, but if they’re not going to follow the rules, they need to get out.

LARS: You heard the story that Governor Huckabee signed the clemency that allowed this cop killer to be out of prison… if you had the chance to talk to Huckabee about that decision that he made—that he now says, “I had no way to see the future”— what would you say?

SP: Well, it was a bad decision, but my heart goes out to Huckabee. I feel bad for him to be in this position, but I feel even worse for the families in this situation. I feel bad for Huckabee, but this was a horrible decision that he made.

LARS: Did you give any pardons or clemency as Governor of Alaska?

SP: No, and most Alaskans know me well enough that I don’t have a whole lot of mercy for the bad guys. I’m on the good guys' side. I’m all about redemption, recovery and reform and all that but I will always err on the side of punishing even stricter, even harder of the bad guys.

LARS: When I said you would be on the show today, somebody said, 'Is she in favor of offshore drilling?' ... You're in favor of getting America's oil out of the ground, where it's on the land or in the ocean, right?

SP: Oh, hell yeah. God created it underfoot for our use, to make out world better and safer and more prosperous. I just hate what we are doing when we are importing energy supplies from foreign regimes that hate America when we have those supplies here. Alaska has hundreds of trillions of cubic feet of natural gas, we have billions of barrels of oil on and off-shore. The environmentalists who won’t let us to do it and Congress and Obama that will not let us tap these domestic resources, these are immoral steps that they’re taking to not allow us to rely domestically on our own resources.

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/BlogtownPDX/archives/2009/12/03/sarah-palin-on-the-lars-larson-show

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Dont' burst 240's bubble. 

James

Dont' burst 240's bubble. 

;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
yes, in 2009 she had changed positions when politically viable.  

In an interview to Univision she stated unequivocally that she is for a pathway to citizenship. In the same interview she says she is against amnesty for illegal aliens. Have your cake and eat it to, I think that is called.

And - just like Romney - She employed "Sanctuary cities" in alaska as Governor:
http://sanctuarycities.info/sanctuary_state_alaska.htm

James

yes, in 2009 she had changed positions when politically viable.  

In an interview to Univision she stated unequivocally that she is for a pathway to citizenship. In the same interview she says she is against amnesty for illegal aliens. Have your cake and eat it to, I think that is called.

Rob,

She was picked as McCain's VP. and when that is done you have to "toe the line"

But she is against amnesty, and has said so on many occasions.

Joe Biden also said prior to being picked as V.P that "Obama was not qualified to be President"  then that all changed on a dime the second he was picked to be Obama's VP

And - just like Romney - She employed "Sanctuary cities" in alaska as Governor:
http://sanctuarycities.info/sanctuary_state_alaska.htm

FYI  "Sanctuary Cities" are established  by the City Officials (Mayors) of each City, not by Governors

But nice try 240

240 is Back

• Getbig V
J,

I can agree with you on the point that she did 'toe the line'.  It's not exactly mavericky... but hey, she did what she was told.

bringing the joke of biden/obama into the equation means youre putting palin on the same level as them, I don't think that's necesassry to belittle her like that.

Now, of course she's going to say she's against it now - but I do have to wonder why, as governor, she allowed two of her biggest cities to be sanctuaries.  A governor's job is to shut down places like that and kick them out.  you're tleling the a jayor if more powerful than a governor?

To look th other way when you have the power to change it, well, I have to wonder if she'd do taht as president as well...

James

J,

I can agree with you on the point that she did 'toe the line'.  It's not exactly mavericky... but hey, she did what she was told.

bringing the joke of biden/obama into the equation means youre putting palin on the same level as them, I don't think that's necesassry to belittle her like that.

Rob, the # 1 job as VP is to toe the line, would you not agree ?

Now, of course she's going to say she's against it now - but I do have to wonder why, as governor, she allowed two of her biggest cities to be sanctuaries.  A governor's job is to shut down places like that and kick them out.

To look th other way when you have the power to change it, well, I have to wonder if she'd do taht as president as well..

Enforcing Immigration is a federal enforcement, not a State (except now in Arizona)  therefor she had no authority as Governor to "to shut down places like that and kick them out."

Houston is also a "sanctuary city, but Rick Perry cant do a damn thing about it either, he has no authority. But hopefully Texas will follow Arizona's path, and change all that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
When you say,

"Enforcing Immigration is a federal enforcement, not a State (except now in Arizona)  therefor she had no authority as Governor to "to shut down places like that and kick them out."

I have to wonder about this week's news from Arizona, on the new immigration law, signed Friday by Arizona's Republican Governor Jan Brewer...

James

When you say,

"Enforcing Immigration is a federal enforcement, not a State (except now in Arizona)  therefor she had no authority as Governor to "to shut down places like that and kick them out."

I have to wonder about this week's news from Arizona, on the new immigration law, signed Friday by Arizona's Republican Governor Jan Brewer...

The new law gives power to city, county and state Authorities that they did not previously have.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Mccain, Bush and Palin all supported the amnesty bill.

Romney supported amnesty.  Rudy endorsed the amnesty bill.

Huckabee supported amnesty in his own state for 10 years.

They're all on board with this one...

What's your point?  Most people here don't support these people much less amnesty.  You make it sound just because these wackjobs are that I should be okay with it too.  Is that the case?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
mccain just flip flopped on amnesty. haha oh brother.  he supports it for decades and changes his mind this week.  LMFAO.