Author Topic: Biggest Sports Bust Ever  (Read 8729 times)

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Biggest Sports Bust Ever
« on: April 27, 2010, 02:13:48 PM »
bigger than Ryan Leaf even

Report: Raiders preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell
Apr
   4/27/2010 3:48:39 PM
| More

John Clayton just said on ESPN’s “NFL Live” that the Raiders are preparing the process of cutting quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

Clayton said it is not a matter of if, but when Russell will be cut. He also said the team could release Russell before Oakland’s minicamp, which runs Friday through Sunday, and that there is no trade market for him. The Raiders will save more than $6 million if they cut Russell this year.

epic_alien

Re: Biggest Sports Bust Ever
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 02:23:06 PM »
 he could not play from day one. when are coaches and teams gonna learn that  a quarterback needs to pass the ball? kneegrows dont do that

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 02:25:02 PM »
isnt he that fat fuck?

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 04:37:07 PM »
No this is the biggest sports bust ever

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 06:05:20 AM »
i'm not fball fan but i did watch russell during his lsu yrs n NC.  he is what is broke about the national felon league.  too much, too soon before he actually proved he could play.  yet another draft of busts coming.  nfl needs to fix its' cap like nba for 3 yr guys.

why would he even bother learning the playbook when he had everything before the 1st snap?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 06:18:23 AM »

Very few girls can actually make it in the NFL.  Jamarcus wasn't one of them.

the Algebra Wizard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 06:24:35 AM »
Bigger even than Marinovich (I'm dating myself here)? Than the incredible bulk, Tony Mandarich? Than the Boz? That's saying something, considering the NFL has some all-time epic busts...

Yes , but Marinovich's band SCURVY rocked !!!!!!!

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 06:24:44 AM »
ask any LSU fan and they'll tell you the raiders were morons for falling for the juice.

Dude cost us a national title vs auburn and florida, never was able to check down at all, just had a big arm.

They fell for it. I'm not surprised he's struggled so much at all. Raiders scouting is terrible if you ask me.

Ryan leaf still has the title. Him and manning were neck and neck that year and after watching him (leaf) play in the rose bowl, he had a lot of people convinced he was the real deal including myself.

the Algebra Wizard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 06:36:12 AM »
Eric Lindros never lived up to the hype either , nor reached his potential .

what:

• Getbig III
  • 2008 Mr. Getbig Premium Sponsor!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 06:40:03 AM »
Eric Lindros never lived up to the hype either , nor reached his potential .

Lindros actually had some success though in his career.  He also had injury problems.

I give a pass to a guy who gets injured.  To me a bust is a guy who had control over their circumstances but simply did not live up to his hype.

the Algebra Wizard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 07:12:38 AM »
Lindros actually had some success though in his career.  He also had injury problems.

I give a pass to a guy who gets injured.  To me a bust is a guy who had control over their circumstances but simply did not live up to his hype.

Ok , I Concur , he wasn't a bust , he had a soft head and i think a bad shoulder  , perhaps he should have played with the Quebec Nordiques, and not have sat out that season . After he said , " J'aime jouer les Nordiques " after he was drafted, and then never showed up to camp, i lost respect  for the man, not the player. I believe , He did win a Canada Cup .

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 07:14:41 AM »
JeMarcus is a JeDumbass.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 07:32:48 AM »
i'm not fball fan but i did watch russell during his lsu yrs n NC.  he is what is broke about the national felon league.  too much, too soon before he actually proved he could play.  yet another draft of busts coming.  nfl needs to fix its' cap like nba for 3 yr guys.

why would he even bother learning the playbook when he had everything before the 1st snap?
Russell has to be one of the smartest players ever. Knew he couldn't play, made people believe he could, held out to get a big contract, and then got paid. A true legal scam. But he was a bust. Leave it to the Raiders to make bad decisions though.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 07:39:26 AM »
Russell has to be one of the smartest players ever. Knew he couldn't play, made people believe he could, held out to get a big contract, and then got paid. A true legal scam. But he was a bust. Leave it to the Raiders to make bad decisions though.

True...I def. can't knock him for playing alone. He got the raider for how much? Like 30 or 40 million guaranteed? Wow

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »

Hey yo who day niggah be?

Dat niggah be flossin da phat ice dogg. Dat niggah be melted!

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 08:50:54 AM »
ask any LSU fan and they'll tell you the raiders were morons for falling for the juice.

Dude cost us a national title vs auburn and florida, never was able to check down at all, just had a big arm.

They fell for it. I'm not surprised he's struggled so much at all. Raiders scouting is terrible if you ask me.

Ryan leaf still has the title. Him and manning were neck and neck that year and after watching him (leaf) play in the rose bowl, he had a lot of people convinced he was the real deal including myself.
Just came out recently saying how he blew it and got hooked on painkillers. At least he owned up to it and isn't blaming anyone else for being a bust, I dint think you will hear the same from Russell. Guess Leaf would be the bigger bust since he had actual NFL skills and Russell was a pretender

spinnis

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 08:55:02 AM »
Biggest ever?

no one cares outside of america man  :P

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 08:56:40 AM »
Biggest ever?

American sports are the only ones that matter

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 08:57:45 AM »
Just came out recently saying how he blew it and got hooked on painkillers. At least he owned up to it and isn't blaming anyone else for being a bust, I dint think you will hear the same from Russell. Guess Leaf would be the bigger bust since he had actual NFL skills and Russell was a pretender

I watch leaf that year and he had all the goods. Him and manning were a toss up at the time. The only knock of either of them was manning not being able to win the big game and he got happy feat under pressure.

Leaf was a man amongst boys. Running over linebackers, throwing ropes after checking downs,arm, height, was tough....I was sold he'd be the man in the league

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 08:59:46 AM »
Biggest ever?

Do they even have sports in Sweden?  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 09:00:50 AM »
Do they even have sports in Sweden?  ;D

We're/been the best in the world in Many sports =)

5 golds in the winter olympics vs Usa's 9.

Sweden 9 million people, Usa 300 million +  =)

and we have been the best in the world at Many summer sports also.

So I would say we're more impressive then the states if we compare it to population actually..

spinnis

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 09:04:50 AM »
American sports are the only ones that matter

thats not your typical american

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »
We're/been the best in the world in Many sports =)

5 golds in the winter olympics vs Usa's 9.

Sweden 9 million people, Usa 300 million +  =)

and we have been the best in the world at Many summer sports also.

So I would say we're more impressive then the states if we compare it to population actually..

The majority of Americans couldn't give a flying fuck about winter sports. Hence, why the nightly showings of the Olympics struggled to break 20 million viewers.  ::)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 09:06:41 AM »
HAHAHA.  Drafting a negro as a QB first overall.  That has worked out well in the past  ::) ::) ::)  Michael Vick anyone?  HAHAHAHAHAHA

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 09:07:41 AM »
HAHAHA.  Drafting a negro as a QB first overall.  That has worked out well in the past  ::) ::) ::)  Michael Vick anyone?  HAHAHAHAHAHA

Donovan McNabb? Warren Moon? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You're a retard.  ::)