Author Topic: Biggest Sports Bust Ever  (Read 8722 times)

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Biggest Sports Bust Ever
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 09:09:37 AM »
thats not your typical american
How are American sports viewed from the rest of the world Swede? Does anyone take an interest in them or do they just like soccer(football)? Americans are totally oblivious that soccer is the biggest sport in the world outside of the US

spinnis

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 09:09:55 AM »
The majority of Americans couldn't give a flying fuck about winter sports. Hence, why the nightly showings of the Olympics struggled to break 20 million viewers.  ::)

We have taken 147 olympic gold medals..

28 of which is in Wrestling, thats not a winter game is it? =)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 09:13:37 AM »
Donovan McNabb? Warren Moon? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You're a retard.  ::)

Not first overall.  Moon played in the CFL for 5 years prior.  And McNabb?  Real winner right there.

spinnis

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 09:13:41 AM »
Here we go, We have taken gold in (summer sports) :

High jump
"3 steps jump"
heptathlon
Shooting
Swimming
canou
100m hurdle
Tabletennis
fencing
3000m with obsticle
sailing
horse riding
Gymnastics

etc etc

amazing considiring our population IMO.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 09:15:05 AM »
We have taken 147 olympic gold medals..

28 of which is in Wrestling, thats not a winter game is it? =)

Wow, 147! The USA won 38 in the 2008 Olympics and 35 in the 2004 Olympics. Not going to bother going farther back than that.

Congrats on winning 0 golds and 5 overall medals in the 2008 games, though.  :D

spinnis

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 09:17:44 AM »
How are American sports viewed from the rest of the world Swede? Does anyone take an interest in them or do they just like soccer(football)? Americans are totally oblivious that soccer is the biggest sport in the world outside of the US

98% (feeling generous) of swedes would have No idea who Anyone in NFL or Baseball is/was..

I can udnerstand why merica doesnt like football though, because if your used to watching hard hits oin American football even though they blow the damn whistle ALL THE TIME its a hard tranisiton to see #### throwing themself in football for the slighests of hits.. (pisses me off also)

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 09:20:10 AM »
Wow, 147! The USA won 38 in the 2008 Olympics and 35 in the 2004 Olympics. Not going to bother going farther back than that.

Besides the fact that Americans dont care about the Olympics nearly as much as they use to. Little kids arent training from the age of 3 to reach their dream of being in the Olympics. The best athletes are training for NFL,MLB,NBA,etc. They wanna get paid not get gold medals. We would own the Olympics more so then we already do if we cared as much as other countries

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 09:22:22 AM »
98% (feeling generous) of swedes would have No idea who Anyone in NFL or Baseball is/was..

I can udnerstand why merica doesnt like football though, because if your used to watching hard hits oin American football even though they blow the damn whistle ALL THE TIME its a hard tranisiton to see #### throwing themself in football for the slighests of hits..

Most soccer players are pussies. Nothing is more annoying than watching some guy flop around on the ground because someone touched his shirt, acting like he was near death, only to pop back into the game 2 minutes later.

spinnis

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 09:23:09 AM »

and out of those 35 golds how many were actually Americans. As in the people that ruined the indians, White americans.. =) not ----African---- Americans.

phelps comes to mind, besides that ehh well... hmm... ehh... lol

spinnis

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 09:24:06 AM »
Most soccer players are pussies. Nothing is more annoying than watching some guy flop around on the ground because someone touched his shirt, acting like he was near death, only to pop back into the game 2 minutes later.

Agreed.

BUT Watching nfl and having them run for 10sec then rest for 1 min then run 5 sec then rest for 4 min then run for 21 sec then rest for 10 min its pretty fucking annoying also =)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 09:24:42 AM »
and out of those 35 golds how many were actually Americans. As in the people that ruined the indians, White americans.. =) not ----African---- Americans.

phelps comes to mind, besides that ehh well... hmm... ehh... lol

Now you have to be a white American? What a pathetic argument. Americans come in all shapes, sizes, races and creeds. The people winning those Gold medals were citizens and qualified to participate for America in the games. If you have a problem with that, take it up with the Olympic committee.

Agreed.

BUT Watching nfl and having them run for 10sec then rest for 1 min then run 5 sec then rest for 4 min then run for 21 sec then rest for 10 min its pretty fucking annoying also =)

I don't find it anymore boring than watching guys kick a ball around a field for 90 minutes with maybe one goal being scored. Now that's boring.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 09:27:07 AM »

I can udnerstand why merica doesnt like football though, because if your used to watching hard hits oin American football even though they blow the damn whistle ALL THE TIME its a hard tranisiton to see #### throwing themself in football for the slighests of hits.. (pisses me off also)

Why would we care for your sports when you don't like ours. Makes perfect sense you guys like boring shit big deal, move along, this thread is for people interested in american sports  ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 09:27:59 AM »
We're/been the best in the world in Many sports =)

5 golds in the winter olympics vs Usa's 9.

Sweden 9 million people, Usa 300 million +  =)

and we have been the best in the world at Many summer sports also.

So I would say we're more impressive then the states if we compare it to population actually..

They run like black girls. Kallur twins for the win...

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 09:36:04 AM »
Agreed.

Football is totally overated as far as the conditioning you need. I could give a shit about soccer but it is one of the most physically demanding sports.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 09:38:15 AM »
Football is totally overated as far as the conditioning you need. I could give a shit about soccer but it is one of the most physically demanding sports.

Hahaha! That's a really good joke. Skill position players in the NFL are better athletes than anything the soccer world can produce.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2010, 09:54:04 AM »
Hahaha! That's a really good joke. Skill position players in the NFL are better athletes than anything the soccer world can produce.
I agree. Just talking about the conditioning required to play each sport. Football players sprint for about ten seconds then take a break. Soccer is nonstop. No question the all around skills football players have, jumping, speed, strength,etc blows soccer away

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2010, 10:04:54 AM »
I agree. Just talking about the conditioning required to play each sport. Football players sprint for about ten seconds then take a break. Soccer is nonstop. No question the all around skills football players have, jumping, speed, strength,etc blows soccer away

I never understood this claim about soccer being non-stop. The only people who seem to consistently move are the mid-fielders. The other guys spend the majority of the game walking around or sitting still while they wait for the ball to come back down the field, which could be anywhere from 10 seconds to 5+ minutes. Then the ball gets kicked down field and the guys at the front sprint for a few seconds while everyone else walks around.

James

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 10:08:04 AM »
Donovan McNabb? Warren Moon? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You're a retard.  Roll Eyes

Donovan McNabb was the #2 pick overall in the 1999 draft. The player that was selected #1 overall was QB Tim Couch of Kentucky, selected by the Cleveland Browns.

And Warren Moon had to first prove himself  in the Canadian Foot Ball League.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 10:10:30 AM »
I never understood this claim about soccer being non-stop. The only people who seem to consistently move are the mid-fielders. The other guys spend the majority of the game walking around or sitting still while they wait for the ball to come back down the field, which could be anywhere from 10 seconds to 5+ minutes. Then the ball gets kicked down field and the guys at the front sprint for a few seconds while everyone else walks around.

same here... fools kill me with that line when there is a debate (insert) vs soccer. Do an few shifts in hockey with all that sh*t on...yes. carry the football 5-6 straight times with all that sh*t on..yes.

..standing up 50+ yards away from the nearest ball on a big a$$ field with a checkerboard shirt on and high shorts looking like a complete a$$ with shin guards on....NOPE

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2010, 10:13:31 AM »
same here... fools kill me with that line when there is a debate (insert) vs soccer. Do an few shifts in hockey with all that sh*t on...yes. carry the football 5-6 straight times with all that sh*t on..yes.

..standing up 50+ yards away from the nearest ball on a big a$$ field with a checkerboard shirt on and high shorts looking like a complete a$$ with shin guards on....NOPE

They'll respond with something like, "But soccer players run upwards of 5 miles a game" as if running 5 miles over the course of 90 minutes is impressive. I've seen 10 year olds run 5k's in 20-something minutes and while it's not 5 miles, double it to 10k and they're still under 90 minutes while running a longer distance.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2010, 10:24:42 AM »
Lineman push against 270lbs plus at full speed each play. Try doing that for an hour with a 20 second break after each 5 second all out push. Kinda tough.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2010, 10:35:58 AM »
They'll respond with something like, "But soccer players run upwards of 5 miles a game" as if running 5 miles over the course of 90 minutes is impressive. I've seen 10 year olds run 5k's in 20-something minutes and while it's not 5 miles, double it to 10k and they're still under 90 minutes while running a longer distance.

NO shit!  Nothing like a grueling 18 minute mile.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2010, 10:46:30 AM »

::)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2010, 10:52:36 AM »

Most euros know who Michael Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, Bird, Magic are.Nobody in europe could name an american footballer, baseballer or ice hockey player except maybe OJ simpson if any remembered he even played football, Babe Ruth or Gretzky and the chances of them knowing any of them are low.