Author Topic: Arizona sheriff won’t enforce new law  (Read 1000 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Arizona sheriff won’t enforce new law
« on: April 29, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »
At least one Arizona sheriff disagrees with a new immigration law that critics say could lead to civil rights violations. Sheriff Clarence Dupnik is promising not to enforce a law believes is "racist and stupid."

The law directs enforcement to use a "reasonable suspicion" standard to decide which persons need to be stopped. People without documentation proving they are legal residents can be imprisoned for up to six months. Governor Jan Brewer signed the legislation into law Friday.

Dupnik is becoming one of the most vocal opponents of the law. The Pima County Sheriff told KGUN that the legislation was "disgusting" and "unnecessary."

"I think the law, as I have said is unwise. It's stupid and racist," said Dupnik.

Prior to the new legislation, law enforcement had "the authority to stop and detain people who they believe are illegal immigrants and turn them over to the border patrol," Dupnik said on MSNBC Wednesday. "We have been doing that for -- I've been a police officer here for 52 years. 30 years as sheriff. And we've been doing that for as long as I've been a cop here."

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Arizona sheriff won’t enforce new law
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 09:01:52 PM »
I can see homeless citizens down on their luck allowing themselves to be arrested and detained for up to 6 months. as a possible immigration violation, I doubt they'll be thrown into maximum security with hardened axe murderes and serial killers. They'll get a roof over their heads, 3 square meals a day, medical, dental, etc... and in the end... they can sue and get a nice big pay day.
w

JohnC1908

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 12:16:18 AM »
I can see homeless citizens down on their luck allowing themselves to be arrested and detained for up to 6 months. as a possible immigration violation, I doubt they'll be thrown into maximum security with hardened axe murderes and serial killers. They'll get a roof over their heads, 3 square meals a day, medical, dental, etc... and in the end... they can sue and get a nice big pay day.

Dude, they could publically smoke weed and accomplish the samething.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 07:22:52 AM »
LOL if they wanted to be in jail they wouldnt be homeless they would be in jail... ::)

come talk to us when ppl actually want to move to canada and you know some of the problems that many of us do first hand...

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:40:01 AM »
At least one Arizona sheriff disagrees with a new immigration law that critics say could lead to civil rights violations. Sheriff Clarence Dupnik is promising not to enforce a law believes is "racist and stupid."

The law directs enforcement to use a "reasonable suspicion" standard to decide which persons need to be stopped. People without documentation proving they are legal residents can be imprisoned for up to six months. Governor Jan Brewer signed the legislation into law Friday.

Dupnik is becoming one of the most vocal opponents of the law. The Pima County Sheriff told KGUN that the legislation was "disgusting" and "unnecessary."

"I think the law, as I have said is unwise. It's stupid and racist," said Dupnik.

Prior to the new legislation, law enforcement had "the authority to stop and detain people who they believe are illegal immigrants and turn them over to the border patrol," Dupnik said on MSNBC Wednesday. "We have been doing that for -- I've been a police officer here for 52 years. 30 years as sheriff. And we've been doing that for as long as I've been a cop here."

See...I don't mind when you post stuff like this.  This is another point of view that is there and deals with the problem.  When you talk about how Huck, Romney, or Palin are for or against this it makes no sense.  People here can't stand them. 

Then again, I know you are doing it to piss people off.   ;D

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:40:39 AM »
Double post.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 07:41:36 AM »
Perhaps we should not enforce this idiots' paycheck every two weeks. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 06:45:05 PM »
Perhaps we should not enforce this idiots' paycheck every two weeks. 

Why make use of the royal 'we'. From what I've gathered, there is nothing regal about you, and you have nothing to do with this Arizona sheriff's pay check.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »
Why make use of the royal 'we'. From what I've gathered, there is nothing regal about you, and you have nothing to do with this Arizona sheriff's pay check.
arent you the one that says that america should stay out of everyone elses business?

WELL STFU AND STAY OUT OF OUR BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!;) :P

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 09:13:30 PM »
arent you the one that says that america should stay out of everyone elses business?

Americas hat always gets uppity around that time of the month.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »

In case you have not heard... there is a HUGE difference between offering advice or an opinion on a matter,
...vs sending in military troops, depleted uranium, and sacrificing lives to  steal & impose your will. Get a clue!  :-*

...just when I was about to vote in the referendum in favour of permitting co-ed locker rooms just for you... but not now!  >:(
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 09:36:32 PM »
In case you have not heard... there is a HUGE difference between offering advice or an opinion on a matter,
...vs sending in military troops, depleted uranium, and sacrificing lives to  steal & impose your will. Get a clue!  :-*

...just when I was about to vote in the referendum in favour of permitting co-ed locker rooms just for you... but not now!  >:(
I take it back, Im sorry, Im sorry...IM SORRY  :-[

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 09:38:16 PM »
Americas hat always gets uppity around that time of the month.

Nuh-uh... that's not happening for another few weeks.
I know better than to even think about visiting this forum during that time.  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 09:39:50 PM »
I take it back, Im sorry, Im sorry...IM SORRY  :-[

Oh you're going to have to grovel much better than that, ...and for a very long time!  >:(
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 09:43:42 PM »
Oh you're going to have to grovel much better than that, ...and for a very long time!  >:(
pretty please with a cherry on top? Ill make sure to go change in your locker room  ;)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 10:02:58 PM »
pretty please with a cherry on top? Ill make sure to go change in your locker room  ;)

I said grovel, ...not make me nauseous. I have no desire to see you naked.

if you don't know how to grovel... send money!
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 07:58:28 PM »
Dupnik won't release more info about SWAT shooting of Tucson man
Arizona Daily Star ^ | May 17, 2011 | Fernanda Echavarri
Posted on May 17, 2011 10:17:28 PM EDT by george76

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department will release no more information about the circumstances surrounding the killing of Jose Guerena during the serving of a search warrant by the department’s SWAT officers May 5 at his home.

Two weeks after the shooting the department has yet to disclose exactly what they were searching for in the Guerena home ...

On May 5, five members of the SWAT team fired 71 shots at Guerena while serving a search warrant at the 7100 block of South Redwater Drive. He was shot 60 times.

The 26-year-old former Marine was sleeping at about 9:30 a.m. after working the graveyard shift at Asarco’s Mission Mine when his wife woke him saying she heard noises outside and saw a man was at their window.

(Excerpt) Read more at azstarnet.com ...