Author Topic: Convicted Utah killer to face firing squad  (Read 1779 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: Convicted Utah killer to face firing squad
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 12:42:13 PM »
Sad that we still have capital punishment champions, especially ones who claim such high Christian morality.
Abandon every hope...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 12:47:23 PM »
Sad that we still have capital punishment champions, especially ones who claim such high Christian morality.

Ive actually changed my mind on capitol punnishment.I used to be 100% for it,but because its used so sparringly its useless.I do wish prisons would be a hell of a lot harder.How about going back to breaking rocks 10 hours a day?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 12:50:30 PM »
Ive actually changed my mind on capitol punnishment.I used to be 100% for it,but because its used so sparringly its useless.I do wish prisons would be a hell of a lot harder.How about going back to breaking rocks 10 hours a day?

If you want serious punishment, make inmates listen to obama speeches 24/7.  They will all commit suicide eventually. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 12:51:38 PM »

Exactly.  At times there are horrible crimes committed but a 'plea deal' spares their life, other times due to poor representation or other factors you get the death penalty.  It's so pointless as a deterrent (supposedly what punishment is suppose to be) and it stops anyone from 'making amends' (another important part of punishment is teaching you a lesson but how can you learn from something when there is no chance to prove you have learned?)

Abandon every hope...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 12:56:54 PM »

exactly bro,..i hate how someone does some shit like kill and rape ...and then go to jail..for 12 years and eat 3 meals a day and then go die...

all the while the family has to miss someone who was taken too soon because some asshole had a bad day..

i think death penalty is too easy...i would like them to have to physically suffer like everyday...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »
exactly bro,..i hate how someone does some shit like kill and rape ...and then go to jail..for 12 years and eat 3 meals a day and then go die...

all the while the family has to miss someone who was taken too soon because some asshole had a bad day..

i think death penalty is too easy...i would like them to have to physically suffer like everyday...

I think this guy in Utah committed his crimes in 86[I could be wrong].Thats a long time before carrying out the punnishment.

By the way,when you see how far DNA evidence has come and you see guys getting released 20 years after being convicted,its sort of scary to think how many innocent people get the chair or injection.

If your poor in our justice system your fucked.Id hate to see some poor jerk convicted wrongly and put to death and then 5 years later we say "whoops,wrong guy".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 01:27:19 PM »
I agree it isn't much of a deterrence, because it takes too long to execute.  Except for Texas. 

But deterrence isn't the only reason we have the death penalty.  A person forfeits the right to live if he commits certain crimes.  The ultimate punishment is about holding a person accountable for a heinous crime. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »
And an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 01:47:56 PM »
Ahh yes, let's feel sympathy for a guy that murdered a random court employee in cold blood during a breakout attempt. I feel as much sympathy for him as he did when he shot that person at point blank range and stole the rest of their life from them.

23 years is a long time to wait. Should have killed him long before that.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 03:15:30 PM »
Ahh yes, let's feel sympathy for a guy that murdered a random court employee in cold blood during a breakout attempt. I feel as much sympathy for him as he did when he shot that person at point blank range and stole the rest of their life from them.

23 years is a long time to wait. Should have killed him long before that.

I don't feel sympathetic that he got locked up nor served time in prison.  I don't necessarily feel sympathy for him being on death row, i feel empathy as i believe all men should have a chance to redeem themselves regardless.  Whether that be with reintergration into society for those less likely to commit another crime or something positive in prison.  A line has stuck with me throughout all this and it's "when you take a mans life you not only kill him, you kill all that he could be"

I'm not apologizing or saying he didn't do that same thing to that man in the court room, but like i said above an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Abandon every hope...