Author Topic: Mayweather/Mosley-Anyone watch?  (Read 2743 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Mayweather/Mosley-Anyone watch?
« on: May 01, 2010, 09:43:10 PM »
Have not watched boxing in a while, but it was really sad to see what it has become.

The announcing was so biased from the start. At one point early in the fight Mayweather's knee buckled and they were claiming he wasn't even hurt.

Even when Mosley was winning rounds 1 and 2 they were still talking shit about Mosley.

I'm white, but damn those are some biased, crooked, unprofessional racist old foggies. Larry Merchant is senile. He was even cutting Mosley off during the post fight even talking shit to him. That is no class.

Disgusting.

Damn....I LOVE MMA! This just made me appreciate it more!

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: Mayweather/Mosley-Anyone watch?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:43:52 PM »

Damn....I LOVE MMA Dana White! This just made me appreciate him more!

Fixed, quit pretending, we all know what you really love. ;D
Predictions
 40/61

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 11:41:37 PM »
Have not watched boxing in a while, but it was really sad to see what it has become.

The announcing was so biased from the start. At one point early in the fight Mayweather's knee buckled and they were claiming he wasn't even hurt.

Even when Mosley was winning rounds 1 and 2 they were still talking shit about Mosley.

I'm white, but damn those are some biased, crooked, unprofessional racist old foggies. Larry Merchant is senile. He was even cutting Mosley off during the post fight even talking shit to him. That is no class.

Disgusting.

Damn....I LOVE MMA! This just made me appreciate it more!

The commentary was almost as bias as your opinions.  Actually, it was only Larry Merchant that said Mayweather wasn't hurt.  He's nothing but a talking head, and he should have retired years ago.  I actually like him on the mic, because he is consistently good for a laugh.  Manny Stewart, who is more in the know than prob any other commentator in the business, told it how it was. 

The entire card offered much more entertainment than the last 4-5 UFC cards combined.  Zuffa products have been nothing but subpar as of late.  These days, it's almost expected that a UFC event will suck ballz.  It's too bad, because MMA can be just as exciting as boxing, but the big star (UFC) is not bringing it. 

Either way, for those that think boxing is dead, well, Mayweather will prob walk away with $40+ mil, and Mosley will walk away with $10+ mil.  Judging by that purse, boxing is far from dead. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 11:45:21 PM »
Fixed, quit pretending, we all know what you really love. ;D

You must still be embarassed about the piss poor amateur quality event Strikeforce put on. Or perhaps it was King Mo proving how little talent he really has?

By the way...You hear that Tito is off the hook. I knew all along he was innocent.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 12:00:30 AM »
Bottom line is that Maywhether v. Pacqiao is the only worthwhile fight boxing has to offer. If the Mosley fight took place 3-5 years ago it would have been a serious contest. All of Floyds signiture victories have come against hall of fame type fighters when they were wayyyyyy the fuck over the hill. Obviously, he cant control who the boxing world has to offer him- But, everyone knows Paqciao has the talent and toughness to beat Floyd (at least hypothetically).

Boxing needs this fight to happen and both men need this fight to happen also. Otherwise boxing goes from irrelevant to totally irrelevant and both fighters will go to the grave without having fought their best possible opponnent.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 08:32:33 AM »
You must still be embarassed about the piss poor amateur quality event Strikeforce put on. Or perhaps it was King Mo proving how little talent he really has?
By the way...You hear that Tito is off the hook. I knew all along he was innocent.

I don't care about big flashy lights and a retarded younger brother of a good Buffer, I watch all MMA (yes even if the org. doesnt have it's own show with a bunch of dudes in a house).  I'm going to a Bellator next month, I'l be at the UFC when they go to Cowboys stadium later this year.  I'd go to Strikeforce if they came to my neck of the woods as well.  You keep your TUF nutthugging blinders on, and keep being ignorant to the fact that there is a wealth of talent outside the UFC (and Strikeforce for that matter), and you keep pretending that you personally know every motive for every buisness decision that Dana and the UFC makes, and you keep pretending to personally know what really goes on in every fighters personal life, and i'll just keep kicking back and laughing at all of it.
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 10:38:17 AM »
I don't care about big flashy lights and a retarded younger brother of a good Buffer, I watch all MMA (yes even if the org. doesnt have it's own show with a bunch of dudes in a house).  I'm going to a Bellator next month, I'l be at the UFC when they go to Cowboys stadium later this year.  I'd go to Strikeforce if they came to my neck of the woods as well.  You keep your TUF nutthugging blinders on, and keep being ignorant to the fact that there is a wealth of talent outside the UFC (and Strikeforce for that matter), and you keep pretending that you personally know every motive for every buisness decision that Dana and the UFC makes, and you keep pretending to personally know what really goes on in every fighters personal life, and i'll just keep kicking back and laughing at all of it.

I have told you before....You can pretend to be whomever you wish on the internet. Great job following my advice. I am glad you have enough free time in your own life to be the huge mma fan you claim to be.

Meanwhile get me outta your head. I started this thread about boxing and you got to throw the UFC into it.
Calm down there MMA superstar fan!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 11:05:31 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ouch.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 11:16:37 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ouch.

LOL...I have really got you ladies all worked up. ;D Both of you need to settle down just a bit. Nothing can ever hurt over the internet.

Besides, How can I be upset with anything when the UFC has a spectacular month ahead. From 5/8-6/19 we have 4 events coming up! :o

Meanwhile, to be more like Chutebox, I am going skydiving today, buying two new Ferraris, two yachts, all while attending three "local amateur MMA shows"

You girls have fun without me while I am gone!

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »

LOL...I have really got you ladies all worked up. ;D Both of you need to settle down just a bit. Nothing can ever hurt over the internet.

Besides, How can I be upset with anything when the UFC has a spectacular month ahead. From 5/8-6/19 we have 4 events coming up! :o

Meanwhile, to be more like Chutebox, I am going skydiving today, buying two new Ferraris, two yachts, all while attending three "local amateur MMA shows"

You girls have fun without me while I am gone!

Do you work for zuffa or something? I'm being serious here.

As far as boxing..as I said before...boxing vs MMA is a dumb argument. Two different sports entirely. I train in both and they are both 180 degree opposites ...not even close..the footwork isn't even remotely close.

I just don't see how this comparison is even made to be honest.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 02:30:25 PM »
I have told you before....You can pretend to be whomever you wish on the internet. Great job following my advice. I am glad you have enough free time in your own life to be the huge mma fan you claim to be.

Meanwhile get me outta your head. I started this thread about boxing and you got to throw the UFC into it.
Calm down there MMA superstar fan!

I posted ass loads of pics from the events ive been to but you're such a newb you were probably still watchin Sponge bob when I posted them son.  I throw the UFC into it because you claim to "love mma", yet everything without those three magic letters plastered is boring and untalented according to you.  You might grow a greater appreciation for combative arts if you ever grew enough stones to throw or take a punch in your ball hugging life.
Predictions
 40/61

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 03:58:37 PM »
I have never seen someone start a thread on a subject then spam and troll the very thread they started with posts nothing close to what the thread is about...ADD much?...turrets much?...ha ha...Hey guys what..UFC..UFC...did you think....Dana...Dana.... ufc....of the fight last...strikeforce sucks...ufc....night?
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 07:18:39 PM »
I have never seen someone start a thread on a subject then spam and troll the very thread they started with posts nothing close to what the thread is about...ADD much?...turrets much?...ha ha...Hey guys what..UFC..UFC...did you think....Dana...Dana.... ufc....of the fight last...strikeforce sucks...ufc....night?

Blame chutebox....read above idiot. I stated nothing about the UFC until chutebox offered his juvenile opinion.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 07:22:34 PM »
Do you work for zuffa or something? I'm being serious here.

As far as boxing..as I said before...boxing vs MMA is a dumb argument. Two different sports entirely. I train in both and they are both 180 degree opposites ...not even close..the footwork isn't even remotely close.

I just don't see how this comparison is even made to be honest.

I never said that boxing sucked in my original post. I was talking about the biased old foggies doing the commentary. Boxing is a different sport and I realize that.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 09:36:19 AM »
The commentary was almost as bias as your opinions.  Actually, it was only Larry Merchant that said Mayweather wasn't hurt.  He's nothing but a talking head, and he should have retired years ago.  I actually like him on the mic, because he is consistently good for a laugh.  Manny Stewart, who is more in the know than prob any other commentator in the business, told it how it was. 

The entire card offered much more entertainment than the last 4-5 UFC cards combined.  Zuffa products have been nothing but subpar as of late.  These days, it's almost expected that a UFC event will suck ballz.  It's too bad, because MMA can be just as exciting as boxing, but the big star (UFC) is not bringing it. 

Either way, for those that think boxing is dead, well, Mayweather will prob walk away with $40+ mil, and Mosley will walk away with $10+ mil.  Judging by that purse, boxing is far from dead. 

Boxing puts on 1-2 big draw fights per year and the only star they have (May Weather) walks away with nearly the entire purse and you think that equals success ???

Between StrikeForce, Bellator and the UFC, I can watch free MMA fights every week of the year.  And, at least once per month, I have the option of buying a PPV.  And, in the UFC, there are a growing number of athletes who actually live well off the fighting related earnings.  Can't say the same about boxing (AKA the sport of punching) ::)
w

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 11:51:51 AM »
I never said that boxing sucked in my original post. I was talking about the biased old foggies doing the commentary. Boxing is a different sport and I realize that.

The only one you should ever listen to on hbo broadcast is M.Steward (as long as he isn't on a tommy hearns appreciation binge).

Lampley calls every shot like it's a Marciano bomb landed (when they don't even land) and Larry Merchant wants every fight to be similar to a Ward vs Gatti bout and will turn on any fighter at any moment like he did shane (this is after his last fight he said "he loved shane")

Steward at least puts you in the mind of the fighter, he refers to their body language, facial expressions and what he sees almost within 2 rounds of the match. The others are gas bags on HBO.

Same with Tarver on showtime. I was never a Tarver fan at all, but his commentary during fights are spot on. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 01:21:21 PM »
Boxing puts on 1-2 big draw fights per year and the only star they have (May Weather) walks away with nearly the entire purse and you think that equals success ???

Between StrikeForce, Bellator and the UFC, I can watch free MMA fights every week of the year.  And, at least once per month, I have the option of buying a PPV.  And, in the UFC, there are a growing number of athletes who actually live well off the fighting related earnings.  Can't say the same about boxing (AKA the sport of punching) ::)

Most UFC fighters barely make enough to cover their training expenses. Of course you'll bring up sponsorships but we all know those are bullshit. Anyone outside of the few guys at the top of a handful of divisions isn't earning anything beyond chump change.

The UFC paying out 1% of PPV revenues in purse really speaks wonders about who matters.  ::)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 03:05:02 PM »
Most UFC fighters barely make enough to cover their training expenses. Of course you'll bring up sponsorships but we all know those are bullshit. Anyone outside of the few guys at the top of a handful of divisions isn't earning anything beyond chump change.

The UFC paying out 1% of PPV revenues in purse really speaks wonders about who matters.  ::)

If you compare the average boxers income (fights, sponsorships, etc.) to the average UFC fighter's income, you'll see that the UFC fighters, as a whole, are making more.  There is a more even distribution of the purse in the UFC than in boxing, and there is more sponsorship money opportunity.  That's just a fact.

w

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 04:28:36 PM »
If you compare the average boxers income (fights, sponsorships, etc.) to the average UFC fighter's income, you'll see that the UFC fighters, as a whole, are making more.  There is a more even distribution of the purse in the UFC than in boxing, and there is more sponsorship money opportunity.  That's just a fact.

can you back that with actual numbers/statistics in order to make it a fact(& please don't just give an example of one or two specific fighters that doesn't prove your claim)...Honestly I don't know one way or the other.but.I would like to see how it is your determining what the "average" boxer makes compared to the "average" MMA fighter...
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »
can you back that with actual numbers/statistics in order to make it a fact(& please don't just give an example of one or two specific fighters that doesn't prove your claim)...Honestly I don't know one way or the other.but.I would like to see how it is your determining what the "average" boxer makes compared to the "average" MMA fighter...

I don't know one way or another, but look at the amount of events that are on PPV and on TV for MMA. Most of those guys are sponsored and surely not working for free.