2 (8.3%)
J.R. should move beyond pro-wrestling
0 (0%)
J.R. should just retire and "enjoy life"
4 (16.7%)
J.R. should do whatever J.R. wants to do
10 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Jim Ross News:  (Read 17401 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Jim Ross' Future:
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2010, 06:23:37 PM »
Jim Ross has posted a new Q&A over at JRsBarBQ.com responding to fans who are upset that he did not sign with TNA. Ross wrote, "I feel I made the right decision for all involved at this point in time. I sincerely hope TNA survives and thrives but their announcing is the least of the issues that need addressing in my opinion. I have many,many friends who work in TNA and I am pulling for them without question. Competition is good for all businesses and I will continue to follow them just as I always have."

"Too many assumptions have been made about any talks I had with TNA. I did not 'sell out' but merely made the best business decision that I could make at this time. I don't and will not live my life on how this person 'treated me' or my personal feelings toward anyone in the business. This is a business deal, plain and simple. People buy into the internet BS and consider it Gospel. I'm happy with the decision I made which should be good enough for those outside looking in or so I feel."

credit: wrestlezone.com

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 02:34:25 PM »
Mike Mooneyham of The Charleston Post Courier recently interviewed Jim Ross.
The following in an excerpt from the interview:

The article notes that Jim Ross will be inducting Danny Hodge into The Hall of Heroes NWA Legends Wrestling Fanfest in North Carolina on August 5th-8th.
Jim Ross said during the interview, "My schedule over the years, when I was an administrator and then worked as an on-air talent along with booking live-event cards, was literally a seven-day rotation."

"You just never got off the treadmill. Outside the WWE umbrella, I’ve probably only done a handful [of convention appearances], and all of those were with Lawler. That’s pretty much it."

"That element (inducting Hodge) really put it over the top for me,” says Ross. “Danny Hodge is just an amazingly gifted athlete. I truly believe that he is the greatest wrestler alive.”

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 05:13:39 AM »
Former WWE and WCW star Bill Goldberg posted the following on his Twitter page:
"So I hear the WWE made an example out of JR because he was on camera being interviewed at Brock's UFC event. Things never change do they. Give'm hell JR!! Sounds like something they would do. Just speaking out for my buddy JR."

Goldberg then added,
"Let's just say I don't know all the facts about JR's situation and the WWE....hell, I don't really know anything about it. So don't mind me.."

If true, this seems quite petty of Vince - especially directed towards someone like Ross, who's done so much in and for the industry and even Vince's own company!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 05:50:09 AM »
Former WWE and WCW star Bill Goldberg posted the following on his Twitter page:
"So I hear the WWE made an example out of JR because he was on camera being interviewed at Brock's UFC event. Things never change do they. Give'm hell JR!! Sounds like something they would do. Just speaking out for my buddy JR."

Goldberg then added,
"Let's just say I don't know all the facts about JR's situation and the WWE....hell, I don't really know anything about it. So don't mind me.."

If true, this seems quite petty of Vince - especially directed towards someone like Ross, who's done so much in and for the industry and even Vince's own company!

It's well known that Vince has bitterness to anyone who left his promotion to go elsewhere. He is very jealous. He will do anything to try to bury any wrestler/commentator/backstage personnel that has left his company. Most recent being the "banning" of Ric Flair's chop. Ludacris.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
Jim Ross posted a new blog over at JRsBarBQ.com. Below are some highlights:

"We're getting lots of questions on the revisited, ECW TV storyline being used by TNA. For the record,  I hope that all wrestling organizations do well as the individuals who comprise the various company's rosters are largely passionate fans living out their dreams. I'm not a 'dream squasher.' Do I think that this matter will be successful? I don't know. It might be o.k. for a one off sort of deal for a company that needs a 'hit.'  Time will answer the 'will it be successful question' which is somewhere subjective in itself as what is the true definition of 'success' in wrestling? It varies by company, that's for sure."

"Paul Heyman will not be a part of this presentation which does it no favors. Heyman was the strategic mastermind behind the original ECW that grew to have a passionate, cult following and lasted much longer than many 'experts' predicted when ECW started up primarily due to Heyman's leadership and creative vision along with a locker room full of passionate athletes who were in their prime and loved kicking ass."

"No, Joey Styles has no interest in broadcasting again in WWE on a full time basis, or so he has said to many,  and has expressed his happiness in working to build WWE.com to an even bigger brand. Joey and I hope to broadcast one match together some day in the future for WWEClassics.com or WWE 24/7 On Demand."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 07:24:12 PM »
Jim Ross' "Ross Report" has returned to the official WWE website.
JR also blogged about recent Bobby Heenan & Randy Savage news on his own website.

source: JRsBarBQ.com

"The news of Bobby Heenan falling, apparently twice, and breaking his shoulder, pelvis, and hip are sobering. I think the world of 'The Brain' who will undergo shoulder surgery on August 4 and consider him a dear friend. When I first went to WWE in 1993 from the 'enemy' (WCW) Bobby and Gorilla Monsoon were the first two people who really took me in and made me feel welcomed in a new environment. They were in the minority but they had enough clout that it helped others come around to simply giving allowing themselves to get to know me and then make a decision based on fact not who my previous employer was."

"I do not know any more than most fans about WWE's updated relationship with Randy Savage or what the future holds for WWE/Savage, if any thing. It seems that a marketing arrangement has or is being established and one could always speculate that could eventually morph into more. Yes, Randy Savage is deserving of the WWE HOF and perhaps one day he will be inducted which would be a great moment for his many, loyal fans. Until then, let's just sit back, be patient and wait."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 04:50:35 PM »
Jim Ross has posted the following update on his Twitter account:

"20% blockage in 3 spots. No surgery required. Sore where doctor explored my heart via femoral artery. Hope to get home tonight. Caught a break. :)"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 05:33:31 AM »
Jim Ross has posted the following update on his Twitter account:

"20% blockage in 3 spots. No surgery required. Sore where doctor explored my heart via femoral artery. Hope to get home tonight. Caught a break. :)"

Man, I hope its nothing more. Problems with the ticker are no joke.

Montague

• Getbig V
Re: Jim Ross News:
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2010, 08:46:35 AM »

"Got a great call earlier this week from Shawn Michaels and we spent some time catching up on a variety of things. HBK is happy, healthy and not missing the wrestling business at this time. Shawn is busy working on a hunting show for the Outdoor Life Network, I think, that will likely begin airing next year. We discussed some upcoming hunts and yours truly night actually go on one of these taped hunts somewhere down the road. I might be better suited to be the camp 'cook' as my hunting skills aren't at the level of say a Brock Lesnar, Steve Austin, or Dusty Rhodes. But the 'camp fire' talk would be entertaining."

"Speaking of Austin, some fans have emailed me and adamantly feel that the ideal match for the Undertaker to have at WM30 would be Austin vs. Taker. WM30?? Sounds provocative on paper but it's not going to happen. I'm much more interested in who Taker is going to face at WM27 which appears to be a wide open matter. Steve will generally always say the old wrestler cliché of 'Never say never' when asked about another match but no one would be more shocked than me to ever see Austin don his tights again."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 05:16:15 PM »

"Many are asking what the future holds for Kevin Nash. I have no idea and that's a question for Kevin but what ever it is won't include him being in any financial dilemmas or rehabs. Kevin was always a bright guy and an athlete who I enjoyed helping get noticed when we did our 'Wrestling with Jim Ross' radio show on AM750 WSB in Atlanta back in the early 90's. BTW Kevin was on the same high school all state basketball team in Michigan with Ervin 'Magic' Johnson. Could Nash finish up his wrestling career in WWE? Sounds possible to me but I'm not in that loop."

"The King missed a rare, Monday night Raw this week from Manchester, England with a severe infection that came as a result of a knee injury. Jerry is getting a daily dose of antibiotics via an IV and hopes to be feeling better soon. He told me Monday that his knee felt better and that an expert physician in infections was addressing the King's condition. The King doesn't have staph infection as I understand it which is good news. Jerry is very resilient and I'm relatively confident that he will be back on the air when Raw does their three hour, Old School broadcast."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 07:23:03 AM »

"Many are asking what the future holds for Kevin Nash. I have no idea and that's a question for Kevin but what ever it is won't include him being in any financial dilemmas or rehabs. Kevin was always a bright guy and an athlete who I enjoyed helping get noticed when we did our 'Wrestling with Jim Ross' radio show on AM750 WSB in Atlanta back in the early 90's. BTW Kevin was on the same high school all state basketball team in Michigan with Ervin 'Magic' Johnson. Could Nash finish up his wrestling career in WWE? Sounds possible to me but I'm not in that loop."

"The King missed a rare, Monday night Raw this week from Manchester, England with a severe infection that came as a result of a knee injury. Jerry is getting a daily dose of antibiotics via an IV and hopes to be feeling better soon. He told me Monday that his knee felt better and that an expert physician in infections was addressing the King's condition. The King doesn't have staph infection as I understand it which is good news. Jerry is very resilient and I'm relatively confident that he will be back on the air when Raw does their three hour, Old School broadcast."

Easy answer. Retirement. Its not like he needs the cash. The guy was one of the businesses biggest earners.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 08:16:21 AM »
Easy answer. Retirement. Its not like he needs the cash. The guy was one of the businesses biggest beneficiaries of right place/right time, knew what friends to keep to make money earners.

fixed bro..... ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 09:51:42 AM »
fixed bro..... ;D
Kevin Nash & Scott Hall's WCW deal....

3 years 1996-1999 both earned 1.1 mil, 1.6mil & 1.8mil for each year respectively.

Both contracts got renued for another three years for the same amount for 2000-2003. When WCW closed down, Time Warner still had to pay out all their contracts. Despite what people may think or comment on, Hall & Nash made a killing in terms of money.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »
Kevin Nash & Scott Hall's WCW deal....

3 years 1996-1999 both earned 1.1 mil, 1.6mil & 1.8mil for each year respectively.

Both contracts got renued for another three years for the same amount for 2000-2003. When WCW closed down, Time Warner still had to pay out all their contracts. Despite what people may think or comment on, Hall & Nash made a killing in terms of money.

Oh, they did, but as far as Nash goes, he didn't "earn" shit......the guy was just lucky enough to be along for the ride with Hall and then Hogan....on his own in the WWF without HBK he was just worthless....same when he was Oz......the guy is a smart business man, but nothing more.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 04:44:35 AM »
Oh, they did, but as far as Nash goes, he didn't "earn" shit......the guy was just lucky enough to be along for the ride with Hall and then Hogan....on his own in the WWF without HBK he was just worthless....same when he was Oz......the guy is a smart business man, but nothing more.
I hear ya. I still enjoyed him as one of the main staples of the NWO. He has always been in the right place at the right time.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 01:41:47 PM »
I hear ya. I still enjoyed him as one of the main staples of the NWO. He has always been in the right place at the right time.

that angle would have been sooooooo much better with Hall, Nash, Hogan and X-pac (as someone to get beaten up) and maybe a couple more, but thats it.  They just went so overboard with it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 02:23:51 PM »
that angle would have been sooooooo much better with Hall, Nash, Hogan and X-pac (as someone to get beaten up) and maybe a couple more, but thats it.  They just went so overboard with it.
Agreed. I would have left it at Hogan, Hall & Nash and thats it. Not the 30 plus member disater it became to be with half NWO Wolfpac / Half Black & White.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 02:58:21 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: F4WOnline.com

Quote:
- Not surprisingly, everybody in World Wrestling Entertainment wants Jim Ross to return, however the final decision obviously lies with Vince McMahon.

- Many wrestlers had a great time during last night’s show, especially those that grew up around the business. Many of the legends were also excited to meet third generation stars aswell, especially Michael McGillicutty (Joe Hennig) since everybody was very fond of his father, and it also gave them a chance to see people like Tamina and Husky who they saw growing up and are now performing. Not surprisingly, Nexus were said to be watching Piper’s promo intently and the biggest pop backstage came when Mae Young called Laycool sluts and bitches, even getting a laugh from Vince McMahon

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2010, 03:11:02 PM »
I wonder what J.R. truly wants to do.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2010, 03:20:45 PM »
He sounded great on Monday, the break did wonders. He was really sounding worn out the last few months on SD. If he's happy with his sauce. restaraunt, and whatever , great for him.  It would be great if he'd at least work Wrestlemania.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2010, 03:41:43 PM »
If Ross wants to return, I suspect he will in at least some capacity.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2010, 05:48:21 AM »
He sounded great on Monday, the break did wonders. He was really sounding worn out the last few months on SD. If he's happy with his sauce. restaraunt, and whatever , great for him.  It would be great if he'd at least work Wrestlemania.
He wasn't happy about being sent to smackdown in the draft period. He even admitted it. He only went because it was "for the greater good" for the company to promote smackdown. I hope he comes back full time on Raw.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »
Jim Ross has posted a new blog over at JRsBarBQ.com detailing this past Monday's special edition RAW:

"Approximately 15-20 minutes prior to the Legends being brought back out and being introduced to the live audience, I would suggest that most of the Legends were taking a much needed siesta in the Legend's holding area which was stocked with comfortable couches and chairs and was perfect for napping. I walked by prior to going out to call my match and got a chuckle when peaking into the special area and seeing so many famous wrestling folks sound asleep. Hell, it was past many of their bedtimes."

"Lots of fans have sent me emails and Tweets, at JRsBBQ, regarding Michael Cole's performance during the Swagger-Bryan bout and be assured that Michael was simply doing his job and embellishing upon his new, antagonist persona. There are no issues here I can assure you. If I helped folks dislike Cole's new persona then I accomplished one objective it would seem."

"Roddy Piper arguably did more in his brief albeit impactful time on Raw to promote the Survivor Series main event of Orton vs. Barrett with Cena as the special referee than anyone has done on Raw or elsewhere since the storyline began. Awesome job by Piper who can still be 'money.' Roddy looked better than I have seen him in years and has made some important, lifestyle changes that were evident when speaking with him and subsequently watching him perform. In my opinion, Roddy Piper stole the show Monday at Raw."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2010, 07:18:33 AM »
"And I quote!"

Tell me that isn't flat out annoying....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2010, 03:54:41 PM »
It gets heat, but it's also getting "X-Pac" type heat already and will likely snowball in that respect.