Author Topic: Halliburton Is The Culprit In The Gulf Oil Explosion And Spill  (Read 1575 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Re: Halliburton Is The Culprit In The Gulf Oil Explosion And Spill
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 01:00:25 PM »
I do remember the Bush, "We'll let the industry regulate themselves" speech around the same time.  Not sure it that connects to this or not?

Here is a video posted by Blacken that talks about this very thing with the deregulations done by Bush/Cheney

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=329425.0
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 02:34:43 PM »
Hugo in for the rescue.   ;D
of what? ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 02:43:20 PM »
Take a long hard guess. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 02:43:24 PM »
the valves werent made by Halliburton, BP or transocean...the suspected valve is made by a corperation called cameron...The rig supposedly was only operating on 1 of the 5 they were supposed to be using to help prevent something like this from happening. This wont bring down BP they have been responsible for many accidents over the past couple years if you guys remember the Texas city plant that blew, well that was BP as well and they have and will continue to bounce back it may take a good while but they arent going under b/c of this.

and even if they do, obama is either going to have to bail them out or face alot of ciriticism for not while bailing out other companies.  ;)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming to be an expert on any of this shit.  It's all greek to me.  From what i heard on the news they could have installed some kind of automated shut off for half a mil but do to deregulation they didn't have to so BP said fuck it.  That's the story as I heard it reported earlier this morning.  I have no idea nor the knowledge to argue if that's true or not.  I doubt many here do.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 02:46:12 PM »
Take a long hard guess. 
seriously, I don't have a clue?  I don't know shit about this beyond that it obviously sucks and what I've heard from other sources which puts me in the same camp as everyone else here most likely.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming to be an expert on any of this shit.  It's all greek to me.  From what i heard on the news they could have installed some kind of automated shut off for half a mil but do to deregulation they didn't have to so BP said fuck it.  That's the story as I heard it reported earlier this morning.  I have no idea nor the knowledge to argue if that's true or not.  I doubt many here do.
this maybe true but if its true that they were only operating 1 of the 5 blowoff valves that should have been utilized then they use od such a system may not have been an issue...

as of right now its all still pretty much speculation

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 03:01:59 PM »
this maybe true but if its true that they were only operating 1 of the 5 blowoff valves that should have been utilized then they use od such a system may not have been an issue...

as of right now its all still pretty much speculation
I don't even know what I could call it.  I would have to know "what the fuck" to call it speculation.  As it is now I can only comment on what is reported just like most others are doing here.  I'm sure there is political motive behind some reports so like I said in my first post, I guess we wait and see.  Unfortunately the spin, if it's going on, could fucking go on until we no longer give a shit.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 04:25:35 PM »
the valves werent made by Halliburton, BP or transocean...the suspected valve is made by a corperation called cameron...The rig supposedly was only operating on 1 of the 5 they were supposed to be using to help prevent something like this from happening. This wont bring down BP they have been responsible for many accidents over the past couple years if you guys remember the Texas city plant that blew, well that was BP as well and they have and will continue to bounce back it may take a good while but they arent going under b/c of this.

and even if they do, obama is either going to have to bail them out or face alot of ciriticism for not while bailing out other companies.  ;)

You keep missing the point and facts because your simple ass will not read... The explosion was caused by Halliburton who was doing the cementing around the well opening. This is NOT a case of valves blowing up or faulty valves being the crux of the argument. It is about a poorly done cementing issue or something Halliburton did while cementing that causes pressure build up and explosion.
C

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »
You keep missing the point and facts because your simple ass will not read... The explosion was caused by Halliburton who was doing the cementing around the well opening. This is NOT a case of valves blowing up or faulty valves being the crux of the argument. It is about a poorly done cementing issue or something Halliburton did while cementing that causes pressure build up and explosion.
and cheney being behind it all as well right?  ;)

From your own link by the way   ;)

"Scott Dean, a BP spokesman, said it was premature to speculate on the role cement might have played in the disaster."

and again whether or not Halliburtons cement job was the cause the supposed use of 1 of 5 blow off valves that could have prevented the rig from going might have had something to do with the incident as well...my point is that there is more than one failure point in this scenario...you seem to only want to blame cheney...why is that?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »

I know it's hard for your handicapped brain to process but speculation =/= fact. You should learn to live by this you delusionite.

spacerumsfeld

• Getbig I
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 08:18:36 AM »
I know it's hard for your handicapped brain to process but speculation = fact. You should learn to live by this you delusionite.

Now, now. Don't discourage him. Such illogical thinking produces a wide range of entertaining theories about the world, including alien anal probage, a government competent enough to pull off 9/11, and the idea that all political leaders are actually a species of lizards. This shit is gold, and we need MORE people that think an article on the internet constitutes as evidence.

Carry on, OP!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 10:06:31 PM »
Geez, this place is overrun with gimmiicks!  :-\
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2010, 04:49:32 AM »
I still have my suspicions on you jag. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »
Geez, this place is overrun with gimmiicks!  :-\

Funny thing it is the same individual who screamed the most that "others" had/have gimmicks..... talk about two faced.
C

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »
Funny thing it is the same individual who screamed the most that "others" had/have gimmicks..... talk about two faced.

The ridiculous part is... I can't even see that as being a comment that one sh/could be reticent about posting under their account.
w