Author Topic: What used car or motorcyle should I buy?  (Read 3573 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: What used car or motorcyle should I buy?
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 06:17:36 AM »
Bad ass.  I'm closer to the Jeep BTW. 

But I went to a local dealer and saw this Can Am Spyder that is out in black which was swweeeeett.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »
Question: 

If you had 15k to spare in a used car, motorcycle, what would buy?

I have a 2002 Explorer and just turned in my BMW 328  Car lease.  I came into some unexpected cash, about 15 and am looking at the following.   

I can get any of the following:

1.  2 Door Jeep Sahara or Rubicon

2.  BMW Z4

3.  Harley Night Rod 

15 k to spend....i'd go with a brand new civic...no problems for 5 years min
carpe` vaginum!

newmom

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 03:15:52 PM »
Toxie, I agree. Had my civic for 12 years...I'm getting the distributor fixed on it to keep for the snow. My brand new accord is just awesome. Gotta say, Honda's are my pick. My civic replaced my crx after 10 years and almost 300k miles

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 03:20:58 PM »
15 k to spend....i'd go with a brand new civic...no problems for 5 years min

BBBOOORRRIIINNNGGG! ! ! !

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 03:28:11 PM »
BBBOOORRRIIINNNGGG! ! ! !

lol....my old ass civic just died...i have 9 k in cash...i'm gonna pick up a nissan prius in cash...tax n tags included...walk in...walk out a few hrs later....

remember...any douche with 2 grand and ok credit can buy a BMW or what not...but they DONT OWN THE CAR....the bank owns it and lets u drive it for monthy rent...might as well get a rental

i OWN my cars
carpe` vaginum!

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »
Question: 

If you had 15k to spare in a used car, motorcycle, what would buy?

I have a 2002 Explorer and just turned in my BMW 328  Car lease.  I came into some unexpected cash, about 15 and am looking at the following.   

I can get any of the following:

1.  2 Door Jeep Sahara or Rubicon

2.  BMW Z4

3.  Harley Night Rod 

OH MY GOD, 15,000 freakin dollars on a used car, you can get a bmw or mercedes for that!  That is way too much money to spend on a car.  Get a used ford sedan or chevy sedan for 5,000 or less in perfect condition.

TEAM Nasser

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 11:17:08 AM »
I was at the Harley dealership near me today (New Rochelle) just bouncin around and the salesperson was trying to put in into a Dyna or Superglide.  They had a matte all blacked out bersion that was bad ass, but im not sure about it. 

newmom

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 01:00:31 PM »
I was at the Harley dealership near me today (New Rochelle) just bouncin around and the salesperson was trying to put in into a Dyna or Superglide.  They had a matte all blacked out bersion that was bad ass, but im not sure about it. 

I have seen that black matte, shit is spot on..beautfiul

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 01:02:44 PM »
i replaced all the plastic on the left side of one of my hayabusa's today after beating the shit out of it with a cheater bar last week ;D

bench

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 11:46:37 AM »
Used Suzuki Hayabusa with handle bar risers and corbin seat for comfortable long cruise type riding. Top in suspension and add 3K for a turbo and you have a ridiculous machine..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOWhtVuccMI&feature=related

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »
Bro - im lookion to cruise along, not break speed records.   ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 06:10:44 AM »
Motorcycle dealers still scrambling to find customers
Sales fall 4.6% in the first quarter compared with a year earlier.
By Susan Carpenter, Los Angeles Times

There are signs the economy is getting better, but not when it comes to motorcycles and scooters.

Even though they're often more economical to operate than a car, the two-wheeled vehicles saw their sales decrease in the first quarter of 2010, continuing a drop-off for the industry after a disastrous 2009.

Sales of motorcycles and scooters were down 4.6% in the quarter compared with the same period a year earlier, according to the Irvine-based Motorcycle Industry Council trade association.

Street bikes, as opposed to off-road motorcycles, suffered a 7% drop, while scooters did even worse — down 13.3%. That's troubling for an industry that was hoping business would improve in 2010 after a disastrous 2009 that saw sales tumble 43.2% for the year.

Hard hit by a down economy that has tightened credit and by stable gasoline prices that no longer have people considering motorcycles and scooters because of their fuel economy, motorcycle dealers are scrambling to find customers any way they can.

"This year is going to be rough," said Dennis Johnson, editor in chief at Dealer News, a trade magazine in Irvine that covers the power sports industry. With so few buyers in the market for new bikes, Johnson said dealers were focusing on parts, accessories and pre-owned motorcycles as a survival strategy.

"Coming off a year of sales declines, the industry knew it had to get aggressive," said Cam Arnold, vice president of communications for the Motorcycle Industry Council, which represents motorcycle, scooter and ATV manufacturers and parts suppliers. "We had to do something to get customers back into dealerships."

Last month, the "something" was a Revive Your Ride sweepstakes with discounts, a sweepstakes and other dealer promotions. But it's not likely to be a magic bullet.

"Things really don't look that encouraging," said Oliver Shokouh, owner of Harley-Davidson of Glendale. "We're definitely cutting back on inventory, realizing this year nothing is going to set the world on fire."

What's selling for Shokouh right now?

"Not a whole lot," he said, even though the top sales season for motorcycles is generally April through June. Shokouh says the lowest-priced Harleys, such as the Sportster and Dyna models, are selling best.

Like a lot of dealerships, Harley-Davidson of Glendale has pared its hours and trimmed its staff in the last year...  http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-motorcycle-dealers-20100518,0,3541358.story