Author Topic: Times Square bomb inquiry looks at naturalized PAKISTANI-American citzen.  (Read 2618 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
New York (CNN) -- Investigators are looking into whether a naturalized U.S. citizen of Pakistani origin played any role in the failed weekend attempt to set off a car bomb in Times Square, a federal source said Monday.

The sport-utility vehicle used in the unsuccessful plot was sold three weeks ago in a cash deal with no paperwork exchanged, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation said Monday.

A seller in Connecticut put the Nissan Pathfinder up for sale through the online classified ad site Craigslist and sold it to a buyer who paid $1,800 for the vehicle, the source told CNN. The $1,800 deal was closed at a Connecticut shopping mall, where the buyer handed over the money and drove off, the SUV's source said.

The seller described the buyer as a man in his late 20s to early 30s, and investigators are checking into phone records between the two, the source said.

The registered owner is not a suspect in the bombing attempt, New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Monday. But authorities are searching for two people they want to question in connection with the would-be bomb, which Kelly said could have produced "a significant fireball" in the heart of midtown Manhattan had it detonated properly on Saturday night.

A video obtained from a tourist in the area shows a person apparently running north on Broadway. Another video shows a balding man with dark hair removing a shirt and putting it in a bag before walking out of view of the camera, which was inside a restaurant.

"These are not suspects," Kelly said. "These are people we would like to speak to."

Investigators are examining phone records of businesses that sell some of the bomb's components and chasing leads in "several locations" on the East Coast and beyond, a federal law enforcement official told CNN. The official would not say whether any of the leads were in other countries, and cautioned that the investigation could take "a few more days or weeks."

The device inside the Pathfinder was made of propane tanks, gasoline and fertilizer that turned out to be of a nonexplosive grade, along with a metal pot containing wiring and firecrackers. More firecrackers were found in a can on the back seat of the vehicle, sandwiched between two full five-gallon gasoline cans and connected by wires to clocks.

New York police have been examining the device for clues such as fingerprints, hair and fibers since Saturday. The vehicle and bomb components were taken to the FBI's forensic laboratory in Quantico, Virginia, on Monday, FBI spokesman Richard Kolko said Monday evening.

Kevin Barry, a former New York bomb squad member, said the device had "no known signature" -- a style of construction that might link it to known terrorist groups. That suggests it was the work of either an individual or a new organization, said Barry, who is now an adviser to the International Association of Bomb Technicians and Investigators.

Barry said the detonating mechanism lacked the energy needed to properly set off the explosion. Jim Cavanaugh, a former agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, called the bomb "a Rube Goldberg contraption" that would have been difficult to set off.

"That does not mean that the bomb's not deadly," Cavanaugh said. Someone close by could be hurt or killed. "But it's not a very reliable working system, a fusing and firing system, at all," he said.

The question of who was behind the failed bomb attempt was the subject of scrutiny Monday.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said investigators have some good leads, but he declined to elaborate. Kelly said it was too early to say whether the attempt was carried out by a lone person, international terrorists, or any other type of network.

Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud appeared on a video released less than 24 hours after the attempt, claiming Taliban fighters were prepared to inflict "extremely painful blows" in major U.S. cities. But a senior U.S. military official said Monday there is no credible evidence at the early stages of the investigation that the Pakistani Taliban was responsible for the Times Square incident.

Another U.S. official with direct awareness of the latest U.S. understanding of the incident said the Pakistani group has never shown "trans-national capabilities" like other groups, such as al Qaeda. But such a possibility is "not something one can rule out at this early stage," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the information.

Pakistan's Taliban movement has been linked to a 2008 plot to blow up subway stations in the Spanish city of Barcelona, and at least two of the 11 men convicted in the plot came to Barcelona from Pakistan, Spanish prosecutors said.

One counterintelligence official told CNN there was no evidence of any communications among terrorist organizations overseas about the device after Saturday night's attempt.

"People overseas were not giving high fives ... or saying anything about the bomb not working," the official said. "There is no indication that there was that kind of tie."

Cavanaugh said the bomber could have been "internationally inspired," but the device showed little sign that a group like al Qaeda was behind it.

"Their bombs would be better funded, better fused, better materials, better knowledge," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/03/new.york.car.bomb/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

God, I'd love to hear the apologists on this one should it turn out to have been carried out by a Muslim. They were already cumming in their pants at the thought of a Christian fundamentalist doing it.

The Religion of Peace* at it again!  ::)

Toxic, is that you? Just kidding.  :D

Skip8282

• Getbig V

God, I'd love to hear the apologists on this one should it turn out to have been carried out by a Muslim. They were already cumming in their pants at the thought of a Christian fundamentalist doing it.

The Religion of Peace* at it again!  ::)

Ha, yep...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Celente was right again. 

newmom

and great he is a CT resident. Geez that puts my mind at eaze..Just makes me more scared. Live 5 miles away from the biggest subbase in the world. 10 miles from Milestone nuck plant..Jesus

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
But, but, but it was a "40 yr old white man."   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Celente really nailed this timing wise.    

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
But, but, but it was a "40 yr old white man."   ::)
I for one figured it was Toxic all along. :D  The failed mess he makes of his posts and how badly the bomb was constructed are dead givaways.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Sounds like it. 

Fury

• Getbig V
This is just another example of Muslims being misunderstood. Really guys, it's only a select few that are radicalized. The majority of them are good-hearted, loving people and it's more a cultural problem than religious.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Winston Churchill On Islam

A quote from an 1899 book by Winston Churchill, "The River War", in which he describes Muslims he apparently observed during Kitchener's campaign in the Sudan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen; all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
This is just another example of Muslims being misunderstood. Really guys, it's only a select few that are radicalized. The majority of them are good-hearted, loving people and it's more a cultural problem than religious.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Why are you so opened to such a broad generalization of all Muslims, when (if I remember correctly) you jump all over people who post racial comments?  ???
S

Fury

• Getbig V
Winston Churchill On Islam

A quote from an 1899 book by Winston Churchill, "The River War", in which he describes Muslims he apparently observed during Kitchener's campaign in the Sudan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen; all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome. 

Yup, I remember coming across that quote a long time ago. It's amazing how that quote is half a century old and yet he was 100% spot on with it. 100%!

Really shows how smart and perceptive Churchill really was. Can you imagine how disgusted that guy would be if he saw what England is like today?

Fury

• Getbig V
Why are you so opened to such a broad generalization of all Muslims, when (if I remember correctly) you jump all over people who post racial comments?  ???

I've never said that all Muslims are terrorists nor do I ever specifically insult Arabs (who, despite making up the majority of terrorists, are not even the largest group of Muslims in the world). I do, however, have a massive problem with people claiming that it's only a small, isolated segment of the Islamic world that are terrorists. Fact of the matter is that while they aren't all terrorists, polling, studies and statistics show that most Muslims will not condemn terrorism, turn a blind eye to it, and even condone it in many circumstances. The typical Muslim places his religion above his country (hence the Islamofascist agenda to institute Sharia Law across the world).

The only reason a lot of Muslims have turned on Al Qaeda is because they kill more Muslims than they do Westerners.  ::)

I hate all religions but anyone that tries to lump Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and the other religions in with Islam is a delusionite and should be treated as such. How many terrorist attacks and potential terrorist attacks do we need to see before we call a spade a spade?

I see a difference between calling someone a guy and attacking the ideologies of a barbaric and violent religion.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
I've never said that all Muslims are terrorists. I do, however, have a massive problem with people claiming that it's only a small, isolated segment of the Islamic world that are terrorists. Fact of the matter is that while they aren't all terrorists, polling, studied and statistics show that most Muslims will not condemn terrorism, turn a blind eye to it, and even condone it in many circumstances. The typical Muslim places his religion above his country (hence the Islamofascist agenda to institute Sharia Law across the world).

The only reason a lot of Muslims have turned on Al Qaeda is because they kill more Muslims than they do Westerners.  ::)

I hate all religions but anyone that tries to lump Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and the other religions in with Islam is a delusionite and should be treated as such. How many terrorist attacks and potential terrorist attacks do we need to see before we call a spade a spade?

I don't disagree with you, I'm just trying to start shit.  :)

S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
When men were men.  

________________________ ______________

Just a reminder of the Kenyan POFS in the WH,

Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain

Barack Obama has sent Sir Winston Churchill packing and pulse rates soaring among anxious British diplomats.

By Tim Shipman in Washington
Published: 5:20PM GMT 14 Feb 2009

Mr Obama declined an offer to hang on onto the bust for a further four years Photo:

REUTERS  The bronze by Sir Jacob Epstein Photo:

A bust of the former prime minister once voted the greatest Briton in history, which was loaned to George W Bush from the Government's art collection after the September 11 attacks, has now been formally handed back.

The bronze by Sir Jacob Epstein, worth hundreds of thousands of pounds if it were ever sold on the open market, enjoyed pride of place in the Oval Office during President Bush's tenure.

Diplomats were at first reluctant to discuss the whereabouts of the Churchill bronze, after its ejection from the seat of American power. But the British Embassy in Washington has now confirmed that it sits in the palatial residence of ambassador Sir Nigel Sheinwald, just down the road from Vice President Joe Biden's official residence. It is not clear whether the ambassador plans to keep it in Washington or send it back to London.

American politicians have made quoting Churchill, whose mother was American, something of an art form, but not Mr Obama, who prefers to cite the words and works of his hero Abraham Lincoln. Indeed a bust of Mr Lincoln now sits in the Oval Office where Epstein's Churchill once ruled the roost.

Churchill has less happy connotations for Mr Obama than those American politicians who celebrate his wartime leadership. It was during Churchill's second premiership that Britain suppressed Kenya's Mau Mau rebellion. Among Kenyans allegedly tortured by the colonial regime included one Hussein Onyango Obama, the President's grandfather.

The rejection of the bust has left some British officials nervously reading the runes to see how much influence the UK can wield with the new regime in Washington.

Now it is likely that Gordon Brown will offer a alternative symbol of Anglo-American fealty when he visits Washington to meet Mr Obama for the first time since he became President. Diplomats are still working to finalise a date for the visit which is expected in the final week of this month or early in March.

One suggestion, given Mr Obama's interest in the Lincoln era, is that Mr Brown should offer an artefact relating to the career of John Bright, the 19th Century MP and political reformer who became the most prominent British supporter of Lincoln's Union forces during the American Civil War.

A British Embassy spokesman said: "The bust of Sir Winston Churchill by Sir Jacob Epstein was uniquely lent to a foreign head of state, President George W Bush, from the Government Art Collection in the wake of 9/11 as a signal of the strong transatlantic relationship.

"It was lent for the first term of office of President Bush. When the President was elected for his second and final term, the loan was extended until January 2009.

"The new President has decided not to continue this loan and the bust has now been returned. It is on display at the Ambassador's Residence."

Fury

• Getbig V
I don't disagree with you, I'm just trying to start shit.  :)

People won't be satisified until they dirty bomb a major city and kill 100,000. They'll still probably place most of the blame on Western society, though.  ::)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
When men were men.  

Yep, I don't know what the fuck has happened to society...  :(
S

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Yep, I don't know what the fuck has happened to society...  :(

An surge in the population of male pussies?  Perhaps?  :D

tonymctones

• Getbig V

An surge in the population of male pussies?  Perhaps?  :D
a surge in the population of men who will do anything to get ass...which results in the surge in the population of male pussies... ;)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
a surge in the population of men who will do anything to get ass...which results in the surge in the population of male pussies... ;)

A surge in the population of liberal men who are stuck with the "Janet Reno's" of the world...who will do anything to get ass...which results in the surge in the population of male pussies...   8)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
A surge in the population of liberal men who are stuck with the "Janet Reno's" of the world...who will do anything to get ass...which results in the surge in the population of male pussies...   8)
LOL not even that, i have friends with very good looking wives and gf's but its like they are so grateful they are with a good looking women who is giving them ass they do anything they want.

shit is sickening to me LOL but then again im single so what do i know...but then again dont think any of my friends would say I was a pussy hahahaha