Author Topic: Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends - Bodybuilding - Documentary  (Read 8728 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Im well aware most aspects of life arnt 100% pure, but most aspects of life dont have a huge % of impure as bodybuilding.Your thinking is like saying Somalia isnt so bad as there have been crimes committed in Norway too.

rofl!!

American Muscle

• Getbig II
  • POW in the WOD
Re: Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends - Bodybuilding - Documentary
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2010, 03:55:54 PM »
Plus, being married added m ay have added to the drama but I think we both know Tiger's antics were big news regadless.

Nope.  Think about it for a minute.
Fight the Enemy

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2010, 04:06:03 PM »
"bodybuilding" catters to homosexuals and psychologically insecure people who need to overcompenste for their shortcomings.

Physical conditionning also catters to homosexuals and psychologically insecure people who need to overcompenste for their shortcomings but to normal people looking to learn healthy habits too.

this is all bullshit because i have a good sized penis and i have the pictures to prove it

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2010, 04:18:05 PM »
this is all bullshit because i have a good sized penis and i have the pictures to prove it

So, you don't fall into the group with "shortcommings"

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2010, 04:19:27 PM »
For the most part, bodybuilding is like any other sport - a majority of it is people who like to bodybuilding, enjoy the business, get contracts, endorsements, and more.   And the small minority goes into all other aspects.  How funny that some of you still obsess over the minority and its unsavory dealings.

On the female side, do you think it's a minority who are straight up whores, who depend on prostituting themselves in various ways to be able to afford the "sport"? Obviously it's an overwhelming majority who cater to the fbb sex fetish.

Not that the male side is that much different. How many have any type "real" endorsement contract that pays the bills?

It's not a minority that deals with the unsavory side. Drug dealing and/or whoring is what pays the bills for so many.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2010, 04:21:01 PM »
So, you don't fall into the group with "shortcommings"

oh course not

i have a huge cock

which is why i don't get why Rodney St. Cloud competes because i've seen him nude and he is hung like a fucking horse

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2010, 04:55:56 PM »
oh course not

i have a huge cock

which is why i don't get why Rodney St. Cloud competes because i've seen him nude and he is hung like a fucking horse

Too much info there buddy LOL, my post was meant as a quick joke reply woah!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2010, 06:09:04 PM »
Too much info there buddy LOL, my post was meant as a quick joke reply woah!

who you kidding

you know that Rodney has a huge cock, you old queen

epic_alien

I really dont care enough to watch any of it...there are freaks and weirdo's in every facet of life...get used to it.

BB is certainly no exception...but the business of BB, and the sports supp industry, etc is all far removed from any of this shit you're obsessed with...

I find the fact that you spend your time gloating over this more frightening...

the only thing frightning, is that you and you alone are the only one who defends it.
you are full of shit. why do you post here? every time i read one of your posts i lose more respect for you.   i can only shake my head now,  where as i used to respect you alot

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Your point was addressed in my response....

Why do you refuse to answer as to why you spend your time on a site dedicated the the sport you hate?

because you wont openly address what over HALF the altheletes YOU REPRESENTED do for money

your mislead, quote bullshit, and make shit comparisons but you never follow through with an adequate answer but you still haunt this board and post your shit like 'its only ghey if.........'

you chime in and defend most of athletes you have some kind of business interest with but for the most part we gain no further incite from you when it comes to our questions - just half ass 'tryin to be the funny guy' shit and your clown ass jugglin questions like a jester

'you r point was addressed..............'   jesus its like pee wee herman 'i know what you are but what am i'

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
because you wont openly address what over HALF the altheletes YOU REPRESENTED do for money

Because HALF isnt even close to accurate..

your mislead, quote bullshit, and make shit comparisons but you never follow through with an adequate answer but you still haunt this board and post your shit like 'its only ghey if.........'

Which I never said, fool...

you chime in and defend most of athletes you have some kind of business interest with but for the most part we gain no further incite from you when it comes to our questions - just half ass 'tryin to be the funny guy' shit and your clown ass jugglin questions like a jester

What kind if insight were you looking for? Ask a legitimate question, I'll b happy to give you an answer...

'you r point was addressed..............'   jesus its like pee wee herman 'i know what you are but what am i'

If he (or you) could understand what was written, then you would see that it WAS answered....go back and read it again...comprehension is the key

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2010, 05:07:32 AM »
Bob just was looking after his own interests taking the athletes rep position, all comes down to the dollar for him.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2010, 05:12:38 AM »
Bob just was looking after his own interests taking the athletes rep position, all comes down to the dollar for him.

Good call...every proposal I submitted benefitted those still actice and competing, I'm retired.

It's a non paying position

Come from the Basile school of cluelessness  I see?

Chevron427

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2010, 05:26:54 AM »
Good call...every proposal I submitted benefitted those still actice and competing, I'm retired.

It's a non paying position

Come from the Basile school of cluelessness  I see?

Stop being so arrogant Bob, its doing you no favors.....

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2010, 06:12:44 AM »
Bob I'll give it to you that you are a good sport with this 'internet' thing and you are business minded

its just MANY pros/judges/NPC officials or should i say 'your bros' hold grudges -- MANY of the top guys for years or their whole 'careers'

with that being said and your response to my previous post - I would say you are NOT one of them

you can see when someone is busting balls and you defend yourself adequately -- not like some pros, when a thread starts about them they have to get you to defend them or 'one of their computer bros' but what ends up happening is the true, brownbrown, dirty shit floats to the top and it stains everything THAT PARTICULAR pro had to do with, say a given board, or girls, or town for that matter

props to bob chic for standing up for himself in a composed manner

bob would you ever kick someone out of your gym for posting about you on getbig??

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2010, 08:38:14 AM »
Bob I'll give it to you that you are a good sport with this 'internet' thing and you are business minded

its just MANY pros/judges/NPC officials or should i say 'your bros' hold grudges -- MANY of the top guys for years or their whole 'careers'

with that being said and your response to my previous post - I would say you are NOT one of them

you can see when someone is busting balls and you defend yourself adequately -- not like some pros, when a thread starts about them they have to get you to defend them or 'one of their computer bros' but what ends up happening is the true, brownbrown, dirty shit floats to the top and it stains everything THAT PARTICULAR pro had to do with, say a given board, or girls, or town for that matter

props to bob chic for standing up for himself in a composed manner

bob would you ever kick someone out of your gym for posting about you on getbig??

Depends on whats being said...people need to be responsible for their own actions as well as their mouth. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as the gym owner is entitled to not have to put up with some goof talking shit in his place of business...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2010, 10:01:46 AM »
Depends on whats being said...people need to be responsible for their own actions as well as their mouth. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as the gym owner is entitled to not have to put up with some goof talking shit in his place of business...
Bob, I have been lucky enough to talk with you at various expos , about the "business of BB". While we may not agree on every aspect,it is obvious we both have a passion for BB.
The difference between you , me and most fans is that YOU are "active in the BB industry".
You have to be a lot more practical and deal with the reality of the scene in BB, as it currenly exists.
For example, while it is "ideal"( from a legal,PR view) for the sport to be drug tested, the majority in the sport are 100% against that.
I like your idea to simply try to increase number of fans who attend events. Do that, and you get more ad sales, etc.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2010, 10:56:18 AM »
Howard you are going to get an ass full of slivers from sitting on the proverbial fence like you are doing.

How would you know what the majority in the sport want? Why would you use that as an argument? Why not ask what is good for the sport? Then make decisions that is consistent with that.

The problem is that drugs are so widespread and perhaps universal in the professional section that if you were to implement strict testing you would eliminate a lot of bodybuilders. So it isn't going to be easy to change from the current swept under the carpet regime of Manion and Chick but it will have to be done sooner or later. When the Governor of California can run a contest in his name that is not drug tested then you have a situation that is hypocritical. Someone is looking the other way. Your hero Bob C says no one is interested in our sport so what does it matter what the athletes do. That guy should have nothing whatever to do with this sport instead of being the rep and half-assed spokesmen for them.

Why other intelligent people can't see this is a mystery.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2010, 11:04:53 AM »
Howard you are going to get an ass full of slivers from sitting on the proverbial fence like you are doing.

How would you know what the majority in the sport want? Why would you use that as an argument? Why not ask what is good for the sport? Then make decisions that is consistent with that.

The problem is that drugs are so widespread and perhaps universal in the professional section that if you were to implement strict testing you would eliminate a lot of bodybuilders. So it isn't going to be easy to change from the current swept under the carpet regime of Manion and Chick but it will have to be done sooner or later. When the Governor of California can run a contest in his name that is not drug tested then you have a situation that is hypocritical. Someone is looking the other way. Your hero Bob C says no one is interested in our sport so what does it matter what the athletes do. That guy should have nothing whatever to do with this sport instead of being the rep and half-assed spokesmen for them.

Intelligent people dont take pictures of random people and attend strangers funerals....

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2010, 12:08:16 PM »

BOB -- LIKE YOU SAID BEFORE READ WHAT I ACTUALLY ASKED

would you kick someone out for what was supposedly said on GETBIG - no shit talking was ever done in the gym

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2010, 12:18:25 PM »

would you kick someone out for what was supposedly said on GETBIG - no shit talking was ever done in the gym

My answer stands...

Is it "supposedly", or did the alleged say it?

Whats the difference where its said...it was either said or it wasnt...and people should be held accountable.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »

He wont even throw someone out for fucking a grapefruit then putting the video on the internet, isnt hard to see what Bob would do in your scenario.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2010, 01:57:58 PM »
Intelligent people dont take pictures of random people and attend strangers funerals....
Vince, even you have to admit that was a funny comeback by Bob. C'mon have some fun here, you are a big enough man to do that at least c;mon. :P

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2010, 02:03:07 PM »

Back in 1993 I made a motion on the floor at the NPC SE regional meeting to drug test the winners of the state meets.
In brief it was voted down by a wide margin. Bob has to deal with the situation as it exists and tweek and nudge to make some improvements.As you know most BB's are pretty indepenedent minded and like to do their own thing. It is tough to get them to act as a unified group on much of anything.