Author Topic: Why doesn't Toney Freeman's physique get any respect?  (Read 6968 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Why doesn't Toney Freeman's physique get any respect?
« on: May 04, 2010, 11:51:17 PM »
I can't really say I'm a fan or that I'm not a fan.  But you gotta admit that it's rare that a guy 6'2 290+lbs gets ignored as much as he does.  He doesn't have a body part missing.  How the fuck does a troll like Branch place above him?

I'm not jocking Toney but I happen to ignore him also.  He's kind of like a tall version of Chris Cormier.  As long as he's in condition he's should be good.  If I have to knock him, the only thing I can think of is, sometimes he doesn't come in his 08 condition, his arms could be bigger and sometimes when he's at a lower weight he can look stringey.  Outside that, no gut excellent shape, huge quads and great back.  

He's what people complain the sport doesn't have....A tall guy with a complete physique.  He's here and people are overcritical.  People want them to look thick like Kai or Phil, these guys would have to be 330+ to look that way...Not gonna happen.

BTW there's no way in fuck Wolfe should beat Freeman.  Wolfe has to many things missing and doesn't come in the same condition as Freeman.

Here's a little reminder from the Arnold this year. Pretty awesome actually.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: Why doesn't Toney Freeman's physique get any respect?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:51:20 AM »
I can't really say I'm a fan or that I'm not a fan.  But you gotta admit that it's rare that a guy 6'2 290+lbs gets ignored as much as he does.  He doesn't have a body part missing.  How the fuck does a troll like Branch place above him?

I'm not jocking Toney but I happen to ignore him also.  He's kind of like a tall version of Chris Cormier.  As long as he's in condition he's should be good.  If I have to knock him, the only thing I can think of is, sometimes he doesn't come in his 08 condition, his arms could be bigger and sometimes when he's at a lower weight he can look stringey.  Outside that, no gut excellent shape, huge quads and great back.  

BTW there's no way in fuck Wolfe should beat Freeman.  Wolfe has to many things missing and doesn't come in the same condition as Freeman.

you are just now realizing this? Toney is the man.

balight

• Getbig III
  • East-European gigolo
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 01:18:05 AM »
I made my girlfriend watch the AC this year with me, and she just couldnt understand why didnt the "tall guy with the ugly fAce" win. "Why the midgets?"

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 01:23:01 AM »

Actually, I like his physique and he has a nice shape and as you said he is not missing any body part.  :)

However, I have 2 issues with him, one can be fixed and the other is not!  :-\

The only think that avoid him from achieving better results is his Pec tear, I wish he hadn’t have it.  :'(

The other thing is that his condition is always questioned, and if can manage to come always at his best shape ever (08 Mr. O) he could go higher and higher on that sport.

I wish all the best for him and I hope to see his best on May 8, 2010  ;)
Corvette Lover

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 01:23:30 AM »
you are just now realizing this? Toney is the man.

Yes actually.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 01:46:14 AM »
Yes actually.
I wondered myself. And like Cormier, people give all sorts of reasons to ignore him. They do that with , damn I forgot his name, dude has a Afro with a high forehead (looking like OJ), he's 6'1-2 as well. And Quincy Taylor, many of these guys ae bigger and far more conditioned than T-Rex arms Branch or other guys.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 02:03:25 AM »
Great physique that gets overlooked quite often.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 02:10:41 AM »
Tall people just don't fit in this "sport" as well as the short and mediums?

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 09:53:36 AM »
X get's Respect . Time for him to get the checks . They see Him ( competitors and the judges)
Hard to compare him - cause he is so dominate over the taller guys.

This is a National Champion - A super Heavy. The sport has shown more attention to More of a Middle weight / heavyweight  body in the Pros.

Not since Willie Stallings Beat  Jay Cutler - Has a super Heavy Lost  to someone shorter and Smaller ( Fatter)

X is 2 inches taller and his waist is 2 inches smaller.

It will come .... Just took time . We have Traveled the World and everyone says or hints - " You should of been higher or should of won "
Truth is : X - says " I am a Professional Bodybuilder and I do not celebrate when I win or Cry when I lose .. I compete " The issue is the Comeback kids of yesteryear who need a year to put on muscle or size , or to take some time off....That is not Bodybuilder.

AZ, Arnold and Now the NY ... Another good year for X....2010 = xxxxxx The Year of X

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 10:08:58 AM »
 :o

He needs to get back with Palumbo - He looked best at the 08 Olympia

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
Once Toney lost his SQUAD endorsement to Dennis Wolfe he lost his momentum

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 10:18:06 AM »
Toney should be winning shows

period

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »

He's what people complain the sport doesn't have....A tall guy with a complete physique.  He's here and people are overcritical.  People want them to look thick like Kai or Phil, these guys would have to be 330+ to look that way...Not gonna happen.

Agreed, he is very symmetrical and also Toney is one of the oldest competitors (he's 44 i think) and to show up in shape for all these pro shows is a huge accomplishment.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 12:10:06 PM »
THE SQUAD made Toney a few years ago.  His hype followed shortly.  I'm sure if Dave wanted him back on top, he would arrange it.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 02:01:08 PM »
Tony's strength  is also his weakness. his heighth. even with close to 300lbs of muscle, his huge skeleton still isnt completely filled out. compared to Jay, Kai, Victor, Dexter, and even phil and dennis..  Tony looks a little stringy.  Tony's arms in the fdb are good enough. the rest of him is still too small to be able to place ahead of the top 5-6 guys on the planet.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 02:06:21 PM »
Great physique that gets overlooked quite often.
I agree the man should have won more shows and looks incredible. I honestly think his phsyique is NOT freaky enough and no body part stands out.
To win now, ya gotta have some freaky look to your physique.

musclepost

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 02:23:15 PM »
Sexy Tony gets a tentpole salute of respect from me!

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 02:40:52 PM »
Truth.

No "wow factor."

Some people just aren't charismatic.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 02:41:39 PM »
his posing routines are too sexual

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 02:44:12 PM »
his posing routines are too sexual
please post one...we all need a laugh

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »
his arms are huge in a front double bicep

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »

hehe, i noticed when van damme dances and then when he doesnt know which move to do next he always claps  his hands like a retard

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 04:17:35 PM »
THE SQUAD made Toney a few years ago.  His hype followed shortly.  I'm sure if Dave wanted him back on top, he would arrange it.
Yes! Dave could always deliver the trailer-park vote. Guy should be in Washington.  ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »
I agree the man should have won more shows and looks incredible. I honestly think his phsyique is NOT freaky enough and no body part stands out.
To win now, ya gotta have some freaky look to your physique.
I tend to agree but then you got dudes like Ruhl a fucking monster always gets overlooked as well.