Author Topic: Obama biggest recipient of BP Petroleum cash in past 20 years.  (Read 1577 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama biggest recipient of BP Petroleum cash in past 20 years.
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 07:59:11 AM »
Why would Obama have to answer for campaign contributions to BP in the past?
If what the headlines alledge is true, ...then his vehement stance that BP is responsible and will shoulder the costs of this impact clearly demonstrates he wasn't bought by BP. If anything, it suggests an overwhelming influence by Halliburton. I'm surprised they've been able to fly under the radar for so long.

I heard a really disturbing statistic today. I don't know if it's true, but it is claimed that a mere 1 quart of motor oil, is enough to make over 250,000 gallons of oceans toxic to aquatic wildflife. Currently, conservative estimates claim there is upwards of 210,000 gallons of oil per day spilling into the Gulf of Mexico, some say more likely 500,000 gallons per day, but all agree this could last for a minimum of 3 months provided current efforts to cap the well are successful.

That's 45,000,000 gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. Lets do the math. If 1 quart of oil can destroy 250,000 gallons of ocean, what impact will 450,000,000 gallons have? Are you beginning to get the magnitude of the environmental impact this will have? Devastating does not even come close to describing it! And as this water turns around the Florida keys and goes up the Atlantic Seaboard, what impact will this have? This could very well destroy the oceans of the world. not to mention the fact that the oceans are critical to maintaining the proper oxygen levels for sustaining human life. And if the whole thing is lit ablaze, can you imagine the carcinogenic smoke produced? Like the people of the Gulf, especially NO have not experienced enough with Katrina... now this? The housing markets and financial crisis hasn't been too friendly to Florida, ...now their fishing industry will be devastated, as will those of the entire eastern seaboard. Thank Goodness Healthcare Reform passsed, ...cause it's beginning to look like there are gonna be a lot of very sick people very soon from eating oil soaked seafood, ...and if you for a minute think none of this compromised seafood will get into the food chain, you are woefully naive.  I'm gonna miss my Atlantic smoked salmon with capers lemons, dill and spanish onions.  :'(

We've got droughts drying up North American produce in the West, frosts destroying produce in Florida, Oil spills devastating the fishing industries in the Gulf & the Atlantic, ...and Monsanto GMO crops destroying the grains. What will be left for us to eat... that's actually edible and won't kill us? ...dirt sandwiches like the people in Haiti? All this on the heels of a worldwide economic meltdown...

I'm not much of a religious person, but it's looking like the great tribulation is here.... and none of us on this board got raptured.  :-\ Oh well, ...it's only 1.5 yrs to 2012 when the HAARP scientists will screw up so badly they wipe out all human life on the planet. Then peace will prevail, and mother nature will rejoice that she finally got rid of those foolish destructive parasites known as humans. </rant>

Environmental groups warn that offshore drilling opens the door to oil spills and litter that could mar pristine beaches in Florida and California. But oil companies claim they have improved their drilling technology to the point that the risk of offshore oil spills is nearly nil. A joint study by NASA and the Smithsonian Institution found that more oil seeps into the ocean naturally than from drilling accidents. According to the study, natural underwater oil deposits leak some 62 million gallons of oil a year into the ocean compared with 15 million gallons from offshore drilling. Offshore drilling is actually the smallest source of oil pollution in the oceans, while runoff -- from activities like car owners changing their own oil -- is the largest at 363 million gallons per year.

Maybe we should ban nature itself because it seems like nature puts more oil into the sea then man.

JohnC1908

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 08:10:32 AM »
No worries here. BP lobbyist will donate more money to the DNC/RNC and both and get out of this. It's all about $$$$ and getting elected to keep it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 08:14:22 AM »
Environmental groups warn that offshore drilling opens the door to oil spills and litter that could mar pristine beaches in Florida and California. But oil companies claim they have improved their drilling technology to the point that the risk of offshore oil spills is nearly nil. A joint study by NASA and the Smithsonian Institution found that more oil seeps into the ocean naturally than from drilling accidents. According to the study, natural underwater oil deposits leak some 62 million gallons of oil a year into the ocean compared with 15 million gallons from offshore drilling. Offshore drilling is actually the smallest source of oil pollution in the oceans, while runoff -- from activities like car owners changing their own oil -- is the largest at 363 million gallons per year.

Maybe we should ban nature itself because it seems like nature puts more oil into the sea then man.

I swear Billy, ...posting that sentence took some real balls! lol

Nature didn't destroy the fishing industry in the Gulf, but man's greed just did.

But what would you know about nature and natural foods? You who admittedly haven't had a fruit or vegetable in 20 yrs. You're all nasty chemicals so I guess you wouldn't mind your shrimp cocktail marinated in Quaker State's 10W40 rather than a spicy marinara dip.
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 08:29:46 AM »

Nature didn't destroy the fishing industry in the Gulf, but man's greed just did.

But what would you know about nature and natural foods? You who admittedly haven't had a fruit or vegetable in 20 yrs. You're all nasty chemicals so I guess you wouldn't mind your shrimp cocktail marinated in Quaker State's 10W40 rather than a spicy marinara dip.

Yes,we evil humans are destroying everything.Who cares that man is living longer,why let facts get in the way of a lib talking point.

Lets see,in the 1800s we didnt have any of these evil companies polluting mother earth and life expentanies were about 20 years shorter then today.People were smaller as well.

Keep your left wing diatribes to yourself.By the way,I will outlive you so dont worry about me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 08:33:35 AM »

Someone who sells gas caps for a living under a MLM scheme is not in a position to talk about anyone elses' alleged greed. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 08:53:47 AM »
Someone who sells gas caps for a living under a MLM scheme is not in a position to talk about anyone elses' alleged greed. 

Are you even capable of staying on topic within a thread without bringing  up gas caps?
I swear you think about them more than I do, ...and I make money with them.
Whatsamatter? feeling the pinch as the price of gas starts inching higher again... along with everything else?  :'(
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 08:59:20 AM »
Are you even capable of staying on topic within a thread without bringing  up gas caps?
Whatsamatter? feeling the pinch as the price of gas starts inching higher again... along with everything else?  :'(

What do you mean?We have the most brilliant president ever.How could things being going up?I thought this man was going to end racial strife,cause the ocean levels to go back down,heal the sick,make the blind to see,cause the deaf to hear and make the crippled walk?Are you admitting that he is a failure?Are you admitting he isnt THE ONE?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 09:05:59 AM »

I just saw an opportunity to throw a shot at you and went for it.   ;D  ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 10:30:42 AM »
What do you mean?We have the most brilliant president ever.How could things being going up?I thought this man was going to end racial strife,cause the ocean levels to go back down,heal the sick,make the blind to see,cause the deaf to hear and make the crippled walk?Are you admitting that he is a failure?Are you admitting he isnt THE ONE?

LOL. You need to take that shit up with Oprah. She called him 'The One'... not me.  ;D
I'm not Oprah, ...although I wouldn't mind having her bank account. for a few weeks... just to see what it's like.  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 10:32:47 AM »
I just saw an opportunity to throw a shot at you and went for it.   ;D  ;D

You need to find yourselk another bullet. you've used that one so much, I've developed a callous like kevlar.
At this point, it's just stale. {sigh} ...but thanks at least for manning up and admitting it was a cheap shot.  :)
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 11:28:38 AM »
LOL. You need to take that shit up with Oprah. She called him 'The One'... not me.  ;D
I'm not Oprah, ...although I wouldn't mind having her bank account. for a few weeks... just to see what it's like.  :D

But you are admitting that things are getting worse under Obama.