Author Topic: Anyone else notice a pattern since Obama took office?  (Read 7276 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Anyone else notice a pattern since Obama took office?
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:19:38 AM »

THE SMELL OF OUR FEAR-

By Ralph Peters

Appeasement doesn't work. It doesn't work with dictators, and it doesn't work with terrorists. The attempted Times Square bombing was yet more proof.

We've allowed Islamist extremists to dictate what we can say, print or portray. We don't want to offend them. The First Amendment bows before Islam.

The Obama administration has ducked all unwelcome evidence that such appeasement doesn't work. Instead, it goes to absurd lengths to convince Muslim radicals that we respect their views.

Our counterfactual assumption is that, if we're really, really nice, the fanatics will stop being grumpy and blowing us up. But Islamist extremists haven't read our actions (or inactions) as an admirable exercise in tolerance. They read our bowing and scraping and apologizing as weakness.

The mean-dog law applies: Let that pit bull sense that you're afraid, and you're going to feel its teeth.

Instead of applauding our ecumenical decency, terrorists just smell fear.

So we've had yet another attempt to ignite an inferno in the heart of Manhattan, to slaughter the innocent and teach America a lesson.

Since the Obama administration deepened our submissive attitude toward Islam -- banning all references to "Islamist terror" or "Muslim radicalism" from government documents and statements -- the number of terror attacks on our soil has gone up. Does any reader believe this is just a coincidence?

The dogs of terror smell fear. Terror's response to our president's Cairo valentine to fanaticism last year was the Fort Hood massacre, the attempted Christmas Day bombing, now the botched bombing of Times Square -- and a swelling number of foiled plots.

The Times Square near-miss was particularly revealing. When it looked like the bomber might be a forty-something white male, the media's delight and the relief of our politicians was palpable: At last, another Timothy McVeigh! It isn't only Muslims!

Boo-hoo. The perp turned out to be another Islamist terrorist we can't call an "Islamist terrorist."

Now the question of most interest about the terrorists' latest Manhattan Project is whether Faisal Shahzad, a newly naturalized citizen (great vetting job!), chose Times Square just because it's a powerful symbol and always crowded -- or if he also hoped to hit Viacom's headquarters as punishment for South Park's (promptly self-censored) lampoon of Mohammed.

This matters. South Park may not embody all that I admire about America, but its irreverence is an important manifestation of our freedom of expression. What politically correct and cowardly madness have we come to, when we allow murderous Muslim fanatics to censor our laugh lines?

I don't like gratuitous provocations directed at any religion. But freedom of speech applies: We can't have an anything-goes rule for every other faith, and a don't-touch rule for Islam.

When those Danish cartoons mocking Mohammed were first published several years ago, I found them tasteless, stupid and gratuitous. But the moment Islamist bullies reached into our civilization to threaten the cartoonists and publishers with death, we should have dug in our heels.

If the Saudis, or the Pakistanis, or the Iranians in their respective spiritual tenements don't want to watch South Park or look at cartoons of Mohammed, fine. They're entitled to their own house rules.

But they are not entitled to dictate to us what we can depict, describe or, yeah, laugh at. In our house, you have to play by our rules.

We should have taken a stand years ago. Now our appeasement-addicted administration won't. Comics will go on ripping up other faiths for their stand-up routines, but the religion that's spawned such ungodly terror will get a pass.

All of our self-censorship, bowing, kowtowing and apologizing has had no positive effect, whatsoever, on our enemies. Not one terrorist organization has disbanded, nor has one terrorist converted to the Malibu lifestyle.

The only thing we've done by caving in to every cultural demand from Islamist fanatics has been to encourage them to make more demands.

Our enemies believe we're cowards. We're also fools.

Ralph Peters' new book is "Endless War."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/the_smell_of_our_fear_mYzCYnFsrWpPfJv2p8lcyN#ixzz0n52LsYHp

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Anyone else notice a pattern since Obama took office?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 11:22:01 AM »
yUP.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:43:32 AM »
"number of terror attacks on our soil has gone up"

See, that's a point that is not all that fair.  Bush read a memo detailing the 911 attacks and didn't act.   3000 dead.

Obama has been bombing the shit out of paki and afghan targets - more than Bush.  The attacks aren't big and spectacular - it's been a few idiot half-retarded morons who didn't know how to light a fuse or turn on propane tanks.  Hell, didn't the airplane kid blow up his ball sack? lol...

I'd rather our nation have to fight off 2 or 3 botched little attacks in the first year, then sleep thru a 911. 

Well, I'd rather NONE of it happen.  But I much prefer obama not using fear like bush did, on americans. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:45:25 AM »
He we need to crack down on the real terrorists 240 and Obama is doing a bang up job on that! 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 11:50:46 AM »
i dont think those old people are terrorists.  They might be cranky and smell funny, but that doesn't make them terrorists dude.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »
Did you look behind them in that pic?  Someone high up thinks so.     ;D

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 11:56:13 AM »

See, that's a point that is not all that fair.  Bush read a memo detailing the 911 attacks and didn't act.   3000 dead.

Obama has been bombing the shit out of paki and afghan targets - more than Bush.  The attacks aren't big and spectacular - it's been a few idiot half-retarded morons who didn't know how to light a fuse or turn on propane tanks.  Hell, didn't the airplane kid blow up his ball sack? lol...

I'd rather our nation have to fight off 2 or 3 botched little attacks in the first year, then sleep thru a 911. 

Well, I'd rather NONE of it happen.  But I much prefer obama not using fear like bush did, on americans. 
240, as usual when it comes to foreign policy you are totally off the mark. If you really want to split hairs about 911, Clinton gets a substantial amount of blame as well- but that is neither here nor there. The point is that Obama is the biggest Islamic apologist and ass kisser we have ever had in the White House ( more than Carter even).  His strategy of engagement with terrorist regiemes such as Iran has done absolutely nothing. His continued ass kissing of the Muslim world has done zilch. His empty speeches ( Cairo), his nonsensical PC horseshit to remove the word Muslim from Muslim acts of terror is absurd. His administration is a picture perfect example of why appeasement does not work. So far in one year we have had 3 attacks foiled (2 by the sheer incompatence of the terrorists themselves) and one successful act of terror committed in the United States ( Fort Hood). If this is the end result of Obamas kinder and gentler approach to terrorism, what do you think we are in store for in the next 3 years?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 12:11:06 PM »
see, I dont get into that dick measuring contest thing... I don't care what some poor dumb idiot in some shit villiage on the other side of the world thinks of me.

If barry kissing their ass means we don't have another 911, they don't unveil that new world currency which would sink the dollar, and china keeps lending money, then by all means, he can bow to the Burger King himself.

personally, as long as the american way of life remains as high as it is, as long as we don't have 911 and anthrax, and as long as the extent of terror attacks are two morons blowing up their nutsacks and ruining the upholstery of a pathfinder, I don't care who the Kenyan has to french kiss.  That cowboy shit that Bush employed sure did motivate a lot of bad guys to blow themselves up.  Seems like they can't get volunteers for that anymore.  If his sniveling means we're safer, I could care less what some peon on the other side of the earth thinks. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »
Ummmm hello-- how are we safer if we are having more terrorist attacks now?!

Bush started that cowboy shit AFTER 911, not before. Since Obama took over we are more vulnerable, not less as evidenced by the increase of terrorist attacks on our shores.

Sometimes I think you are so intent on disagreeing with common sense and logic that you confuse yourself.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 12:21:41 PM »
I receive a lot of email and got a forward today where it said the post office is issuing some type of stamp with muslim-shit on it.....is that true?  Or is it just someone making up things.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 12:22:21 PM »
The point is that we had a lot of small terror attacks prior to 9/11 and did not do jack shit that led to the grand finale of 9/11.  

The same will be here and the next one will result in far more than 3,000 people dying.  

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »

240- This is where you need to get your head out of the sand here. Bush read a memo in AUGUST of 2001 WITH NO DETAILS of a 911 attack. Your liberal rehtoric there is old and tired. Bush kept us safe for 8 years.  unlike the three of three in the last 6 months under the annointed one this year alone.
So Obama has used drones more than Bush. Ok, fair enough. It has been successful too. So would you then agree Obama is CREATING MORE TERRORISTS then cionsidering that the Times Sq bomber said this was his motive?? I mean, wasn't this the lefts claim Bush was doing?? Sorry man. too many people remember this nonsense in here to let you get away with your short memory.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 01:00:40 PM »
240- This is where you need to get your head out of the sand here. Bush read a memo in AUGUST of 2001 WITH NO DETAILS of a 911 attack. Your liberal rehtoric there is old and tired. Bush kept us safe for 8 years.  unlike the three of three in the last 6 months under the annointed one this year alone.
So Obama has used drones more than Bush. Ok, fair enough. It has been successful too. So would you then agree Obama is CREATING MORE TERRORISTS then cionsidering that the Times Sq bomber said this was his motive?? I mean, wasn't this the lefts claim Bush was doing?? Sorry man. too many people remember this nonsense in here to let you get away with your short memory.

really ??? How about these?

2001 anthrax attacks. A March 2004 State Department report on "Significant Terrorist Incidents, 1961-2003" quotes then-Attorney General John Ashcroft saying of the letters containing anthrax mailed to various targets: "When people send anthrax through the mail to hurt people and invoke terror, it's a terrorist act." Five people were killed as a result of those letters in the autumn of 2001.

2002 attack against El Al ticket counter at LAX. In July 2002, Hesham Mohamed Hadayet opened fire at an El Al Airlines ticket counter at Los Angeles International Airport killing two people and wounding four others before being shot dead. A 2004 Justice Department report stated that Hadayet's case had been "officially designated as an act of international terrorism."

2002 DC-area sniper. The state of Virginia indicted Washington, D.C.-area sniper John Allen Muhammad -- along with his accomplice, a minor at the time -- on terrorism charges for one of the murders he committed during a three-week shooting spree across Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. Muhammad was convicted, sentenced to death, and subsequently executed for the crime.

2006 UNC SUV attack. In March 2006, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill graduate Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar drove an SUV into an area of campus, striking nine pedestrians. According to reports, Taheri-azar said he acted because he wanted to "avenge the deaths or murders of Muslims around the world." Taheri-azar also reportedly stated in a letter: "I was aiming to follow in the footsteps of one of my role models, Mohammad Atta, one of the 9/11/01 hijackers, who obtained a doctorate degree."
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 01:09:55 PM »
really ??? How about these?

2001 anthrax attacks. A March 2004 State Department report on "Significant Terrorist Incidents, 1961-2003" quotes then-Attorney General John Ashcroft saying of the letters containing anthrax mailed to various targets: "When people send anthrax through the mail to hurt people and invoke terror, it's a terrorist act." Five people were killed as a result of those letters in the autumn of 2001.

2002 attack against El Al ticket counter at LAX. In July 2002, Hesham Mohamed Hadayet opened fire at an El Al Airlines ticket counter at Los Angeles International Airport killing two people and wounding four others before being shot dead. A 2004 Justice Department report stated that Hadayet's case had been "officially designated as an act of international terrorism."

2002 DC-area sniper. The state of Virginia indicted Washington, D.C.-area sniper John Allen Muhammad -- along with his accomplice, a minor at the time -- on terrorism charges for one of the murders he committed during a three-week shooting spree across Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. Muhammad was convicted, sentenced to death, and subsequently executed for the crime.

2006 UNC SUV attack. In March 2006, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill graduate Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar drove an SUV into an area of campus, striking nine pedestrians. According to reports, Taheri-azar said he acted because he wanted to "avenge the deaths or murders of Muslims around the world." Taheri-azar also reportedly stated in a letter: "I was aiming to follow in the footsteps of one of my role models, Mohammad Atta, one of the 9/11/01 hijackers, who obtained a doctorate degree."
Bush has kept us safe for eight years. What about the foiled plot to blow up the subways and tunnels? To blow up the Brooklyn Bridge? Countless other plots. I never said Obama had to be perfect because no one can be perfect.  What I am saying is this crap about a memo some 30 days before 911 was supposed to be the smoking gun to nail Bush on is old. Obama is doing everything to make us LESS safe. His apeasement with his apology tour really isn't working, is it...
There is a pattern here that you are not seeing either. Yes, these were attacks, and Bush's admin called them terrorism. Rightfully so.  While Obama refuses. These people were tried and convicted and in most cases executed under Bush. No 6 month debate where to try them in civilian courts or not.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 01:24:03 PM »
Bush has kept us safe for eight years. What about the foiled plot to blow up the subways and tunnels? To blow up the Brooklyn Bridge? Countless other plots. I never said Obama had to be perfect because no one can be perfect.  What I am saying is this crap about a memo some 30 days before 911 was supposed to be the smoking gun to nail Bush on is old. Obama is doing everything to make us LESS safe. His apeasement with his apology tour really isn't working, is it...
There is a pattern here that you are not seeing either. Yes, these were attacks, and Bush's admin called them terrorism. Rightfully so.  While Obama refuses. These people were tried and convicted and in most cases executed under Bush. No 6 month debate where to try them in civilian courts or not.

That's all you had to say.  ;D

"In 2008, the Justice Department submitted a budget request citing "319 convictions or guilty pleas in terrorism or terrorism-related cases arising from investigations conducted primarily after September 11, 2001."...

vs.

" three convicted in military courts, two of which have already been released"

Personally I don't give a shit if they're tried in a military or civilian court as long as they are being punished for their crimes. But I DO have a problem when hypocrisy strikes again and again. Republicans didnt have a problem when we tried all these guys in a civilian court..why do they have one all of a sudden...that's right POLITICAL reasoning and maneuvering. Whatever the other guy does is not "right"...we are. ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 01:27:22 PM »
most of these posts are because most of you are sore losers get the fuck over it you lost.you ran a senile old man and a retard what the fuck do you expect

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »
That's all you had to say.  ;D

"In 2008, the Justice Department submitted a budget request citing "319 convictions or guilty pleas in terrorism or terrorism-related cases arising from investigations conducted primarily after September 11, 2001."...

vs.

" three convicted in military courts, two of which have already been released"

Personally I don't give a shit if they're tried in a military or civilian court as long as they are being punished for their crimes. But I DO have a problem when hypocrisy strikes again and again. Republicans didnt have a problem when we tried all these guys in a civilian court..why do they have one all of a sudden...that's right POLITICAL reasoning and maneuvering. Whatever the other guy does is not "right"...we are. ::)

What's your point Danny?? The Obama admin refuses to recognize anything called muslim extremist terrorism. There were attacks and will always be. That is the sad part. Bush handled them correctly. What we have is a 6 month on again off again flip flop On Obama and his dealings with KSM. But what we also have is a current administration who does not take this seriously. Reminiscent of the Clinton admin.
The hypiocracy is again and again on the democrats here. All their rallying cries when Bush was president and now not a peep when Obama sits in the Whitehouse. They prop some guy who was in Viet Nam as their savior in 2004 blasting Bush for his so-called war dodging record and in 2008 they prop up a guy with less than 2 years senate exp, no military record and who can't even proove he's a citizen. Who's a hypocrit??

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 04:30:31 PM »
Since the Obama administration deepened our submissive attitude toward Islam -- banning all references to "Islamist terror" or "Muslim radicalism" from government documents and statements -- the number of terror attacks on our soil has gone up. Does any reader believe this is just a coincidence?

This just simply isn't true.  I did hear/read something about the words being removed from the National Security Strategy report from an unamed source, but we haven't been given this directive whatsoever.

I wouldn't put it past the administration to do it in the future as appeasement does seem to be Obama's intention.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 10:49:06 PM »
What's your point Danny?? The Obama admin refuses to recognize anything called muslim extremist terrorism. There were attacks and will always be. That is the sad part. Bush handled them correctly. What we have is a 6 month on again off again flip flop On Obama and his dealings with KSM. But what we also have is a current administration who does not take this seriously. Reminiscent of the Clinton admin.
The hypiocracy is again and again on the democrats here. All their rallying cries when Bush was president and now not a peep when Obama sits in the Whitehouse. They prop some guy who was in Viet Nam as their savior in 2004 blasting Bush for his so-called war dodging record and in 2008 they prop up a guy with less than 2 years senate exp, no military record and who can't even proove he's a citizen. Who's a hypocrit??

Great...a birther. ::) I don't see any point in wasting my time and engaging in any discussions based on your latest post ... 8)

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 01:42:34 PM »
Great...a birther. ::) I don't see any point in wasting my time and engaging in any discussions based on your latest post ... 8)
No, not a birther. I really could care the less at this point because he is president and has screwed up enough to only focus on where he was born. It is a legit question, sure. Just like Bush's military record was in 2004.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V