Author Topic: Pro Bodybuilding Needs An Independent Athlete's Rep  (Read 3030 times)

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
Pro Bodybuilding Needs An Independent Athlete's Rep
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:27:59 AM »
We've seen a couple of stuffed shirts allegedly playing the role of "athlete's rep".  It's one of those things that everyone knows but refuses to discuss.  Let's face it, an athlete's rep who is employed by Weider, BSN, or any other company that has an interest in the outcome of Bodybuilding contests is not going to do what's in the best interest of the athletes.  If bodybuilding can't resolve this issue on it's own, maybe it's high time for Congress to investigate the situation.
(

Boost

• Getbig V
Re: Pro Bodybuilding Needs An Independent Athlete's Rep
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 11:44:35 AM »
Shawn Ray was the best Rep in my opinion.

He really changed the face of bodybuilding in the mid to late 90's

He takes a lot of heat, but the changes he pushed for are now enjoyed by todays top pro's

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »
We've seen a couple of stuffed shirts allegedly playing the role of "athlete's rep".  It's one of those things that everyone knows but refuses to discuss.  Let's face it, an athlete's rep who is employed by Weider, BSN, or any other company that has an interest in the outcome of Bodybuilding contests is not going to do what's in the best interest of the athletes.  If bodybuilding can't resolve this issue on it's own, maybe it's high time for Congress to investigate the situation.

x2
175lbs by 31st July

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:59:33 AM »
agreed.  what has bob done in the last 3 years that has benefited the bodybuilders?  he is an AMI/weider company man, not a bodybuilder's man.
I dont like twinks.

lesaucer

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 12:03:09 PM »

agreed

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 12:04:23 PM »
agreed.  what has bob done in the last 3 years that has benefited the bodybuilders?  he is an AMI/weider company man, not a bodybuilder's man.
He must be doing something right, he was picked instead of Michael Buffer to MC the olympia

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 12:15:31 PM »

1. There have been no "stuffed shirts" as athlete reps, almost all of the previous ones have been IFBB athletes, the one exception (ironically) was Wayne DeMilia WAY back in the old days... 

2. Why would I have any interest in who wins?  Does it make my pay go up?

3. Every proposal I've submitted benefitted ALL the athletes , both men and women...more money, more qualifications, rule changes, reduced fines, streamlining the judging to be more fair, health coverage, etc, etc.

What "issues" do you believe congress would be interested in?

Much like our resident buffoon Basile, you wouldnt have the slightest clue what I've done or what the athletes think....probably best you stay out of things you have no knowledge of

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
1. There have been no "stuffed shirts" as athlete reps, almost all of the previous ones have been IFBB athletes, the one exception (ironically) was Wayne DeMilia WAY back in the old days...  

2. Why would I have any interest in who wins?  Does it make my pay go up?
3. Every proposal I've submitted benefitted ALL the athletes , both men and women...more money, more qualifications, rule changes, reduced fines, streamlining the judging to be more fair, health coverage, etc, etc.

What "issues" do you believe congress would be interested in?
Much like our resident buffoon Basile, you wouldnt have the slightest clue what I've done or what the athletes think....probably best you stay out of things you have no knowledge of

Congress would be interested in the perfromance enhancing drug abuse that runs rampant.  

(

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 02:08:45 PM »
Congress would be interested in the perfromance enhancing drug abuse that runs rampant.  

I would love to see less extreme drug use in pro BB. However, Congress is the last group I want bugging the IFBB pros.
Did you see that witch trial over Balco and roids in baseball, yikes!

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 02:15:51 PM »
Has Bob been appointed to the position for life, or else when does his term expire and is an election gonna be held?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »
shouldn't the AR be an active athlete?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 03:03:36 PM »
Sounds a good job for Goodrum.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 03:46:25 PM »
Sounds a good job for Goodrum.

I'm busy with my new house and studying for the ACSM exam
A

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »

oh god not again ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

have u eaten at Vigne's down the street from your apartment.  And i finally got the answer to why you windows are so close to the ground. 
No Worries 4 me

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 04:57:06 PM »
you wouldnt have the slightest clue what I've done or what the athletes think....probably best you stay out of things you have no knowledge of

Why does fellow pro Milos call you Pinocchio? :D

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 06:54:50 PM »
Triple H should be the rep. Anyone that disagrees with him would get pedigreed. :D

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 12:33:59 AM »
Chick is the kind of "representaive" you find in African countries. He is well represented on the other side.. ::)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 02:53:15 AM »

You're already an anus and cock sucking master,  you don't need a piece of paper to tell you that. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 04:23:31 AM »
I see Bob has taken to using my vocabulary. Isn't he the guy Special Ed and Derek Anthony said hello to then minutes later Bob had forgotten who they were! The best this guy could do

on the outside is sell furniture or used cars. He has no integrity and didn't help Milos of Lee Priest. He is the enemy of bodybuilders everywhere because he isn't against the drugs. How can

a certified stooge like Bob C help anyone? The ex probationary deputy sheriff knows how to arrest people and enforce rules not interpret them or guide others. You really can't make a silk

out of a sow's ear! The sport is corrupt and controlled by a committee of which Bob is a participant. He is the biggest hypocrite ever to wear posing trunks and is laughing all the way to the bank

while the athletes he represents have to do awful things to make ends meet. They get the shaft and he gets promoted.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 04:33:28 AM »
Shawn Ray was the best Rep in my opinion.

He really changed the face of bodybuilding in the mid to late 90's

He takes a lot of heat, but the changes he pushed for are now enjoyed by todays top pro's

Hi Shawn

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 04:39:05 AM »
No offense to Bob, but I don't think the Athlete's Rep should be a bodybuilder.  I think it should be someone with a degree in Law and that has had a history of being a sports agent.  

As much as I like Bob, there are too many conflict of interests and I don't feel he can truly perform his duties when he's an emcee, among other things he does. There are too many chances that where Bob could want to make a decision in the best interest of the athletes and it could cost him emcee jobs or worse and he might have to save himself vs. making the right choice. Not questioning his integrity, it would be better if those risks weren't there.

There are ZERO checks and balances in bodybuilding a sport in dire need of them.

Bob being an athletes rep is bringing a water pistol to a gun show (no pun intended).  There needs to be a lawyer there.  There needs to be rules/laws written and posted in the IFBB handbook about this also.

They fly by the seat of their pants.

Everyone knows bodybuilding is the good ol boys club.  Whether it's Dan "no teeth" Solomon threatening Ron's Press Passes, Weinberger doing his dirty shit, promoters and judges at the NPC level and a host of other things...Denying these means you don't want to believe cause all this shit is true...We can get into the Lee Thompson fiasco also but the thread will get deleted.

I'm sure since you've taken this stance and formed your opinion, that you can readily list the proposals and changes I've had approved over the last 4 years, right?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 04:42:15 AM »
I'm sure since you've taken this stance and formed your opinion, that you can readily list the proposals and changes I've had approved over the last 4 years, right?

oh man chick...and i thought u were another shawn ray, am curious what you have done vs him?  you got bbers insurance...correct?  what else?  did shawn do anything?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 04:47:20 AM »
I see Bob has taken to using my vocabulary. Isn't he the guy Special Ed and Derek Anthony said hello to then minutes later Bob had forgotten who they were! The best this guy could do

on the outside is sell furniture or used cars. He has no integrity and didn't help Milos of Lee Priest. He is the enemy of bodybuilders everywhere because he isn't against the drugs. How can

a certified stooge like Bob C help anyone? The ex probationary deputy sheriff knows how to arrest people and enforce rules not interpret them or guide others. You really can't make a silk

out of a sow's ear! The sport is corrupt and controlled by a committee of which Bob is a participant. He is the biggest hypocrite ever to wear posing trunks and is laughing all the way to the bank

while the athletes he represents have to do awful things to make ends meet. They get the shaft and he gets promoted.

They have meds for senility, Basile...get some.

No idea what you're talking about re Special Ed, or DA, but fel free to make up whatever story you wish...

As I've stated 100 times, both Lee and Milos asked for my help and neither were denied....ask them yourself. I wrote and submitted Lee's reinstatement letter, and Milos' appeal letter.

I'm the "enemy" of BBers everywhere because I'm not forcing them to ask to be drug tested...LOL...I do what the athletes want, when they all ask for the IFBB to start testing them, I'll be sure to submit the paperwork....so far, I have a total of ZERO requests.

No one "has to" do awful things to make ends meet...they can do what I did for many years...WORK A REGULAR JOB.

ImBasile...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 04:49:00 AM »
oh man chick...and i thought u were another shawn ray, am curious what you have done vs him?  you got bbers insurance...correct?  what else?  did shawn do anything?

Shawn really wasnt  there long enough to do anything...lets let my friend Wiggs chime in first, I'm sure he wouldnt have formed his opinion without knowing what he was talking about...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 05:34:05 AM »
Bob, listen to Derek Anthony's radio show and hear them talk about introducing themselves to you then minutes later you had forgotten that you had already just met them. I heard you were a nice guy but not the brightest in the pack. Guess that is why others use you because all you need is a badge and some authority and your head swells several sizes. Seems to me you have memory lapses already. Or could it be you are so self-centerred that you don't care about other bodybuilders and can't even remember that you just met them! What a stooge.