Author Topic: Italy fines woman for wearing burqa, now husband won't let her out of the house.  (Read 1121 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
The Muslim husband of the first woman in Italy to be fined for wearing a burqa has vowed to never let her outside again, because he doesn't want other men looking at her.

Cover story: Under Italian anti-terrorist laws brought in during the 1970s to fight political activism, it is illegal to be seen in a public place with your face covered. Representation Pic/Getty Images

Amel Marmouri (26), was handed a penalty of 500 euros (Rs 2,900) after being spotted by police officers in a post office in the northern city of Novara.

The fine is the first case of its kind in the country.

Cash crunch

But the Tunisian's husband, Ben Salah Braim (36), said she will now have to remain indoors.

"I just don't know where we are going to get 500 euros to pay the fine. We thought as she was going to the mosque she was OK to wear the burqa.

"We knew about the law and I know that it's not against my religion but now Amel will have to stay indoors. I can't have other men looking at her," he added.

Under Italian anti-terrorist laws brought in during the 1970s to fight political activism, it is illegal to be seen in a public place with your face covered.

It had never been fully enforced but, earlier this year, Novara Mayor Massimo Giordano introduced new local laws banning any clothing that 'prevents the immediate identification of the wearer inside public buildings, schools and hospitals'.

Ban in Belgium
Amel Marmouri's case comes just days after Belgium's lower house of Parliament voted unanimously to prohibit women from wearing full-face veils in public.

If the bill is passed by the Senate, it would become Europe's first national burqa ban.

Giordano said, "I signed the new regulations for reasons of security but also so that people who come to live in our city are aware and respect our traditions. The regulations in Novara specifically cover people wearing clothing that prevents them from being identified in a public place, and a post office is a public place.

"This is the only way to stop behaviour that makes the already difficult process of integration even harder."

Police chief Paolo Cortese said, "The fine was given because the woman was inside the post office at the time, which is a public building."

Woman is probably ugly as all hell to boot. Good luck hearing those "righteous" feminists on this one. No doubt they'll be giving a wide berth as it does involve Islam and we all know they're off-limits with regards to criticism. The husband should be deported back to the shithole he came from like France did in a similar case.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Don't really know how to think/feel about this one.

I guess any law that only applies to one religious group is probably a bad thing. Would be easier to stop immigration than trying to force or impose cultural changes.

We have tons of groups here who refuse to adapt, i.e. Hispanics refuse to learn English (or even American, FFS!) and everything ends up having to be bilingual over time. Would be a lot easier to stop letting them in than hearing everyone BS us and pretend wanting a one language country is racist. :)

Fury

• Getbig V
Don't really know how to think/feel about this one.

I guess any law that only applies to one religious group is probably a bad thing. Would be easier to stop immigration than trying to force or impose cultural changes.

We have tons of groups here who refuse to adapt, i.e. Hispanics refuse to learn English (or even American, FFS!) and everything ends up having to be bilingual over time. Would be a lot easier to stop letting them in than hearing everyone BS us and pretend wanting a one language country is racist. :)

Speaking passable English should be a requirement for citizenship in this country.

As for this burqa shit, this is where Europe is headed. And I'm fine with that. No one needs to see these douches covered from head to toe with only their eyes showing because they're all under the delusion that any man would instantly rape them should they see any part of these womens bodies.  ::)

Can I walk through most Muslim countries with a cross around my neck or a yarmulke on without being accosted? Not likely.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
The Muslim husband of the first woman in Italy to be fined for wearing a burqa has vowed to never let her outside again, because he doesn't want other men looking at her.

What the heck did they expect was going to happen with laws like these?!
That women are going to say "Oh well, time to un-cover, put on the g-string, on sunbathe topless, ...afterall it is Europe"  ::) tHis will only imprison them further, and put them a step backward in the integration process. they will now be more at the the mercy of the men in their lives.

Woman is probably ugly as all hell to boot. Good luck hearing those "righteous" feminists on this one. No doubt they'll be giving a wide berth as it does involve Islam and we all know they're off-limits with regards to criticism. The husband should be deported back to the shithole he came from like France did in a similar case.

I hope the "righteous" feminists speak out. Women should have a choice, not be forced. Wasn't that the whole idea behind feminism?

If you only saw what was underneath some of those burkas.
Saudi & Persian women have got to be some of the most breathtakingly beautiful women in the world.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Speaking passable English should be a requirement for citizenship in this country.

What does speaking english in America have to do with wearing a burka in Italy?

Can I walk through most Muslim countries with a cross around my neck or a yarmulke on without being accosted? Not likely.

Most people can, and do just that everyday, ...but YOU, are such an annoying little prick I doubt you'd be able to.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Maybe we should not allow these throw backs into free society in the first place? 

If these people want to live like heathens, savages, barbarians, animals, and wolves, let them stay in there hell holes in the Middle East. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That women are going to say "Oh well, time to un-cover, put on the g-string, on sunbathe topless, ...afterall it is Europe"  ::) tHis will only imprison them further, and put them a step backward in the integration process. they will now be more at the the mercy of the men in their lives.

I hope the "righteous" feminists speak out. Women should have a choice, not be forced. Wasn't that the whole idea behind feminism?

Saudi & Persian women have got to be some of the most breathtakingly beautiful women in the world.

Once they peeled the buqas off the stench would cripple the nation.

Fury

• Getbig V
That women are going to say "Oh well, time to un-cover, put on the g-string, on sunbathe topless, ...afterall it is Europe"  ::) tHis will only imprison them further, and put them a step backward in the integration process. they will now be more at the the mercy of the men in their lives.

After a dozen or so plastic surgeries. Most Arabic women are ugly.

And feminists have given a free pass to Islam's oppression of women.

But let me get this straight. It's again the Western world's fault for this Muslim man's actions? Muslims are ALWAYS the victims to you. Keep making good use of takkeya, shill.  ::)

What does speaking english in America have to do with wearing a burka in Italy?

Most people can, and do just that everyday, ...but YOU, are such an annoying little prick I doubt you'd be able to.

I was responding to the Doc's post, ya dumb c*nt. And I'll tell you what, I'll pay for your ticket to Pakistan. We'll slap half a dozen crosses on you and a yarmulke and send you into Waziristan. See how long you make it there. Hint: Christians are routinely beaten, tortured and murdered in Pakistan. Just in the last week, two Christian men were hacked to death for refusing to convert. Another man was beaten and sodomized by a group of men for shaving the beard of a Muslim man who asked him to and that's just a few of the incidents. ::)

Oh, and if you think that Muslims are so tolerant, why is it that a recently released USCIRF report has 10 Muslim countries among the 13 worst violators of religious freedoms, you stupid bitch?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Notice how in many countries the nicer people are to muslim shitbags the more arrogant, defiant, and violent these barbarians get?   

Fury

• Getbig V
Notice how in many countries the nicer people are to muslim shitbags the more arrogant, defiant, and violent these barbarians get?   

It's not surprising. They live by fear, violence and intimidation.

drkaje

• Getbig V

As for this burqa shit, this is where Europe is headed. And I'm fine with that. No one needs to see these douches covered from head to toe with only their eyes showing because they're all under the delusion that any man would instantly rape them should they see any part of these womens bodies.  ::)

Hard to say, BF.

We (in America) live under the constant delusion of being better than them or that enough patience and tolerance will ultimately lead to their full integration into our culture. That patently foolish notion is leading us down a path to where everyone's civil liberties are compromised.

Europe taking steps is probably a good defensive move but it's side effect is to help some of us feel justified about racist or superior. Muslims/Arabs are really the last group it's OK (politically) to hate or legislate against. I do get why legislation is necessary because their culture is never going to change.

Fury

• Getbig V
Hard to say, BF.

We (in America) live under the constant delusion of being better than them or that enough patience and tolerance will ultimately lead to their full integration into our culture. That patently foolish notion is leading us down a path to where everyone's civil liberties are compromised.

Europe taking steps is probably a good defensive move but it's side effect is to help some of us feel justified about racist or superior. Muslims/Arabs are really the last group it's OK (politically) to hate or legislate against. I do get why legislation is necessary because their culture is never going to change.

It's OK to hate against them? Are you insane? Did you not see how Comedy Central edited out every single reference to Mohammed on South Park while leaving in a part with the Buddha snorting coke? They've spent the last 10+ years insulting Christians and Jews pretty much every episode and they were never censored once but the second the "prophet" gets attacked, all gloves are off. Do you not see how anyone who criticizes Islam is automatically labeled an islamophobe? If anything, they're the only group that it's NOT OK to hate or legislate against, as also evidenced by the media refusing to acknowledge that the recent attempted car bombing was a terrorist attack carried out by a Muslim jihadist. The apologist stance that the Western world has taken towards Islam is exactly why these European countries are getting walked all over.

So you think we should just let them be because they won't assimilate? That's pretty backwards thinking and that would only give them exactly what they want. They should not be exempt from assimilating into Western culture. I don't care where you're from or what religion you beat your drum to, but you have no business being here if you want to change your new country into your old one.

I don't see the point in pandering to people like that when I can't build a church in Libya or wear a yarmulke in Saudi Arabia without getting arrested or murdered. The double standard will be the death of western civilization.

And yes, I do consider western society to be better than them. I don't think people fully understand how ridiculously oppressive the majority of these Muslim countries are. They are literally living in the stone ages.

Their war on free speech and the fact that they're winning it disgusts me.

drkaje

• Getbig V
It's OK to hate against them? Are you insane? Did you not see how Comedy Central edited out every single reference to Mohammed on South Park while leaving in a part with the Buddha snorting coke? They've spent the last 10+ years insulting Christians and Jews pretty much every episode and they were never censored once but the second the "prophet" gets attacked, all gloves are off. Do you not see how anyone who criticizes Islam is automatically labeled an islamophobe? If anything, they're the only group that it's NOT OK to hate or legislate against, as also evidenced by the media refusing to acknowledge that the recent attempted car bombing was a terrorist attack carried out by a Muslim jihadist. The apologist stance that the Western world has taken towards Islam is exactly why these European countries are getting walked all over.

They should not be exempt from assimilating into Western culture. I don't care where you're from or what religion you beat your drum to, but you have no business here if you want to change your new country into your old one.

I don't see the point in pandering to people like that when I can't build a church in Libya or wear a yarmulke in Saudi Arabia without getting arrested or murdered. The double standard will be the death of western civilization.

And yes, I do consider western society to be better than them. I don't think people fully understand how ridiculously oppressive the majority of these Muslim countries are. They are literally living in the stone ages.

It's OK to hate them, we all know it.

Overall, the culture just doesn't have the capacity to correct. Beyond forcing some assimilation or creating a country where immigration would be intolerable there's not a thing Europe can do.

Fury

• Getbig V
It's OK to hate them, we all know it.

Overall, the culture just doesn't have the capacity to correct. Beyond forcing some assimilation or creating a country where immigration would be intolerable there's not a thing Europe can do.

If it's OK to hate them, why was Mohammed edited out of South Park while it's OK for the Virgin Mary to fart blood and for Buddha to do coke? Why is Geert Wilders on trial in the Netherlands for making insulting remarks about Islam? Why did an English couple lose their business because they said Islam was a violent religion? Why was the media PRAYING that the car bomber was a white Christian man and are now trying to deflect all attention from him being a Muslim jihadist? The list goes on and on.

Funny how free speech takes a back seat to Islam and only Islam.

Any negative remarks about Islam are basically off-limits now. And why is that? Because God forbid we insult them and they start killing us. Great, we played right into their hands and agenda.  ::)

drkaje

• Getbig V
If it's OK to hate them, why was Mohammed edited out of South Park while it's OK for the Virgin Mary to fart blood and for Buddha to do coke? Why is Geert Wilders on trial in the Netherlands for making insulting remarks about Islam? Why did an English couple lose their business because they said Islam was a violent religion? Why was the media PRAYING that the car bomber was a white Christian man and are now trying to deflect all attention from him being a Muslim jihadist? The list goes on and on.

Funny how free speech takes a back seat to Islam and only Islam.

Any negative remarks about Islam are basically off-limits now. And why is that? Because God forbid we insult them and they start killing us. Great, we played right into their hands and agenda.  ::)

They aren't obligated to practice tolerance, LOL!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
I felt these two articles were relevant here:

"Courier robbed by man in burka"
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breaking-news/world/courier-robbed-by-man-in-burka-14794009.html

"Burka-wearing gunmen raid French bank"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7189090/Burka-wearing-gunmen-raid-French-bank.html

(by the way France is also against the Burka, in the UK they have the same problem with the burka but they're not as bold as Italy or France)

This does raise the question of how some people might utilize the special status the burka has, i.e. knowing that they can't be searched, touched or have their face seen, it was inevitable that even bank robbers would take advantage of it.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND

Hey retard, that's the point. (Actually the g string isn't part of European culture, but going topless at the beach is). As an immigrant it is your responsibility to conform with the laws of the country in which you reside. Not the other way around. And who the fuck is asking these people to put on g strings? The law only bans being covered from head to toe in a black robe. How is forcing these savages to get with the times going to push them backward in the integration process? In case you haven't noticed, none of them are "integrating" and getting rid of the burqa is part of the integration process. And BTW I am going to assume by feminists speaking out, you mean in favor of the law, not against it. What feminist with half a brain cell could possibly be in favor of burqas? So, lets see-- she can either stay in the house permanently or only leave the house draped from head to toe in black because her husband doesn't want any men looking at her. Seems like a perfectly rational choice to me. ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
Hey retard, that's the point. (Actually the g string isn't part of European culture, but going topless at the beach is). As an immigrant it is your responsibility to conform with the laws of the country in which you reside. Not the other way around. And who the fuck is asking these people to put on g strings? The law only bans being covered from head to toe in a black robe. How is forcing these savages to get with the times going to push them backward in the integration process? In case you haven't noticed, none of them are "integrating" and getting rid of the burqa is part of the integration process. And BTW I am going to assume by feminists speaking out, you mean in favor of the law, not against it. What feminist with half a brain cell could possibly be in favor of burqas? So, lets see-- she can either stay in the house permanently or only leave the house draped from head to toe in black because her husband doesn't want any men looking at her. Seems like a perfectly rational choice to me. ::)

It's not the Muslim's fault for not integrating. It's the Western world. Remember, a Muslim can do no wrong in the eyes of another Muslim like Jag.

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Most people can, and do just that everyday,

Your bullshit knows no bounds, apologist.  I would love to see you try this, just ONCE.