Author Topic: Tiger Woods ya'll.....Tiger Woods ya'll....he ain't all good ya'll....  (Read 68521 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Tiger Woods ya'll.....Tiger Woods ya'll....he ain't all good ya'll....
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »
I've been glued to the TV today and can't find Tiger.  Anybody know what time he tees off today?

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2012, 08:10:01 AM »
I've been glued to the TV today and can't find Tiger.  Anybody know what time he tees off today?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Stick around, I am sure you can watch the highlights of him missing the cut again.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »
I've been glued to the TV today and can't find Tiger.  Anybody know what time he tees off today?
LOL, keep it up show its just making the eventuality of his success all the more bitter sweet ;D;D;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2012, 05:52:42 PM »
LOL, keep it up show its just making the eventuality of his success all the more bitter sweet ;D;D;D

But unless he breaks Jack's record.....it won't matter one bit.  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2012, 10:37:03 PM »
Tiger has missed the cut nine times since turning pro in 96.  Has anyone ever come close to that kind of consistency?

Also, as erratic as he has been this year, he has four wins.  Does anyone else even have two? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2012, 06:24:04 AM »
But unless he breaks Jack's record.....it won't matter one bit.  ;D

Sorry to tell you... i just saw how old Tiger is... Dude is 36. He will beat Jacks Record. thats just a fact. He has another 10-12 years to do it in.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »
Sorry to tell you... i just saw how old Tiger is... Dude is 36. He will beat Jacks Record. thats just a fact. He has another 10-12 years to do it in.

He is also behind what Jack had at the same age.  That is a fact as well. 

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »
Tiger has missed the cut nine times since turning pro in 96.  Has anyone ever come close to that kind of consistency?

Also, as erratic as he has been this year, he has four wins.  Does anyone else even have two? 

He has won three times.  And yes, others have two.

And yes, Nicklaus came very close, or exceeded his consistency.  What you see now is Nicklaus' win rates based on his entire career.  He played the regular tour well into his fifties, so obviously that hurt some of his percentage numbers.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2012, 10:58:39 AM »
He is also behind what Jack had at the same age.  That is a fact as well. 

What did jack have at age 36?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2012, 11:00:33 AM »
Here are the raw numbers now, at age 36 ½:

Total U.S. professional victories: Woods 73, Nicklaus 60. Significant overseas non-major victories: Woods 12, Nicklaus 12. Professional major victories: both at 14.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »

I don't think so.  I've said on here a ton of times,  Tiger at his PEAK was averaging one major win a year, thats when he was dominating.  So I don't think his body will hold-up for 5 or 6 more years AND he would have to get back on that same pace.  Younger players are much, much better than during his dominance, his health has declined, mentally he's a ghost in majors lately, etc...  He has much more to overcome than people think.

People also overlook his dads influence.  He has won exactly one major since his dad died.  The miracle against Rocco.  I think that is as much a part of his mental weakness now as his old lady whoopin' him with a 9 iron.  ;D 

As I have also said, I'm just enjoying the back-pedaling all of Tiggers nut-huggers and the media, especially ESPN, have been doing.  Now suddenly they are all back on his nutsack again.....great he's won 3 times this year, 2 of which he basically set-up the course.....the roar ain't back.....

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2012, 12:59:18 PM »
Here are the raw numbers now, at age 36 ½:

Total U.S. professional victories: Woods 73, Nicklaus 60. Significant overseas non-major victories: Woods 12, Nicklaus 12. Professional major victories: both at 14.

I'm not sure where you got your numbers.  Much was made about tigger passing Nicklaus with his last victory.  I think that would give Nicklaus 72 if my math is correct, assuming tigger has 73.

Nicklaus won two majors, 16 and 17 at 40.  We all know that number 18 was quite a surprise, on a golf course that he owned, and that tigger will not even be playing then.  So basically he has four years to win five, if he can last that long.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2012, 04:44:51 PM »
i was talking about at 36 years old

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2012, 07:19:44 PM »
He has won three times.  And yes, others have two.

And yes, Nicklaus came very close, or exceeded his consistency.  What you see now is Nicklaus' win rates based on his entire career.  He played the regular tour well into his fifties, so obviously that hurt some of his percentage numbers.

Correct.  He won three this year.  My bad. 

Nicklaus missed the cut a number of times.  Cannot figure how many based on what I've looked at, but it's apparently quite a few.

In looking at what Woods has done in 16 years, he's on pace to surprass pretty much every significant record Nicklaus has.  He's already won more tournaments in 16 years than Nicklaus won in 25 years.  Hard to argue with what he has done so far. 

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2012, 01:10:38 PM »
i was talking about at 36 years old

Gotcha!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »
 ;D

Awesome.  Tiger loses, idiot Stevie Williams gets his mouth shut and Els wins.  Great weekend.  8)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2012, 04:49:39 AM »
;D

Awesome.  Tiger loses, idiot Stevie Williams gets his mouth shut and Els wins.  Great weekend.  8)

Els lit up the back nine when no one else could break par 8)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2012, 11:04:32 AM »
Looks like he's doing pretty good.

http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2012, 12:22:58 PM »

Lol...Screw you and your stats..

Na im joking.. Youre right...over all he is still the best.... i dont dislike him.. its just the networks with the over coverage

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »

How many majors this year?  I couldn't find him listed....  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2012, 02:09:03 PM »
Lol...Screw you and your stats..

Na im joking.. Youre right...over all he is still the best.... i dont dislike him.. its just the networks with the over coverage

:)  He probably does get too much coverage, but the only time I'll watch golf is if Tiger is in contention.  So maybe the media is getting this one right?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2012, 02:11:51 PM »
How many majors this year?  I couldn't find him listed....  ;D

Man you're tough.   :)  He is no. 1 on the money list, no. 1 in the Fed Ex Cup standings, and no. 2 in the world, so it's not like he's having a bad year.  Well I guess it's bad by his standards, but what does that say about how good he is to be "struggling" and still be better overall than almost everyone in the world? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2012, 06:14:26 AM »
Man you're tough.   :)  He is no. 1 on the money list, no. 1 in the Fed Ex Cup standings, and no. 2 in the world, so it's not like he's having a bad year.  Well I guess it's bad by his standards, but what does that say about how good he is to be "struggling" and still be better overall than almost everyone in the world? 
Got a point

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »

Actually, that is the point.  Even in a year where he is playing very well, he still hasn't won a major.  It just shows how difficult chasing Jack's record is.  Soooooooooooo many people were just giving it to him less than five years ago, but I'm just saying that it is FAR from a given.....just like I did back then.... as time ticks by, my argument gains momentum.  8)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2012, 02:13:47 PM »
Actually, that is the point.  Even in a year where he is playing very well, he still hasn't won a major.  It just shows how difficult chasing Jack's record is.  Soooooooooooo many people were just giving it to him less than five years ago, but I'm just saying that it is FAR from a given.....just like I did back then.... as time ticks by, my argument gains momentum.  8)

I don't think it's a given, but it's likely.  He has another 10 or 15 years, or more if he takes care of himself.