Author Topic: Tiger Woods ya'll.....Tiger Woods ya'll....he ain't all good ya'll....  (Read 68345 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Tiger Woods ya'll.....Tiger Woods ya'll....he ain't all good ya'll....
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2013, 03:53:08 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2013, 01:29:11 PM »
His 11th time winning this award. 

Tiger Woods is player of year again
Updated: September 27, 2013
Associated Press

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Tiger Woods was voted PGA Tour player of the year for the 11th time on the strength of his five big wins and return to No. 1 in the world.

It was the third time Woods won the Jack Nicklaus Award despite not winning a major. He made up for that with two World Golf Championships and The Players Championship among his five wins. No one else won more than twice this year, and Woods won the Vardon Trophy for lowest scoring average and the PGA Tour money title.

"It's been an incredible year to have won five times, two of those World Golf Championships and one Players," Woods said on a conference call Friday. "It's been just a fantastic year all around. It's also an incredible feeling to be voted by your peers, and to have that type of respect is something that's very humbling."

The PGA Tour does not release the percentage of votes won or even who finished second.

Jordan Spieth was voted rookie of the year in a race that likely was no contest. The 20-year-old Texan began the year with no status on any tour. He won the John Deere Classic, lost in a playoff at another event, reached the Tour Championship, was chosen for the Presidents Cup team and wound up 10th on the money list with nearly $4 million.

He will be the youngest American -- and first PGA Tour rookie -- to play in the Presidents Cup next week in Ohio.

"I don't know if it's a `pinch me' moment yet," Spieth said. "I think my mind is still really on next week."

Woods was on the ballot with British Open champion Phil Mickelson, Masters champion Adam Scott, FedEx Cup champion Henrik Stenson and Matt Kuchar. Mickelson also won the Phoenix Open and was runner-up in the U.S. Open for the sixth time. Along with his first major, Scott won The Barclays. If either of them had won the Tour Championship, three wins and a major might have won some votes over five big wins and no majors.

Mickelson, with more wins (42) and majors (five) than any player except for Woods dating to the Tom Watson generation, has never been PGA Tour player of the year, No. 1 in the world ranking or won a PGA Tour money title.

The Jack Nicklaus Award began in 1990. In 24 years, Woods has won it 11 times and only two other players have won it twice -- Fred Couples (1991, 1992) and Nick Price (1993, 1994). It was the fourth time in the last five years that the winner did not capture a major.

Woods nearly made it a clean sweep of all the awards. Steve Stricker narrowly beat him out for the Byron Nelson Award with a 65 on the final day at East Lake in the Tour Championship. That award is for lowest scoring average, though it is not as prestigious as the Vardon Trophy from the PGA of America. The Vardon Trophy dates to 1937 and requires 60 rounds (instead of 50 for the PGA Tour's version of the award) with no incomplete rounds.

It was the first time since 2009, right before his personal life unraveled, that Woods won these awards. Even though he has more of them than anyone in history, he said that it doesn't get old.

"I know how hard it is," Woods said. "I've had to work my way back from injuries on numerous occasions throughout the years. These last couple years is no exception to that. There were a lot of people saying I could never win again, and two years later I've got eight wins on our tour. I'm very proud of where I've come from, from being ranked outside the top 50 to being ranked where I am now, and to have had the success that I've had this year just makes it all the more rewarding."

He said his biggest win this year was at The Players Championship, mainly because it's the one golf course he plays regularly that has given him fits. His other wins this year came on courses where he won for at least the fourth time.

"You start playing golf courses that you like and that suit your game," Woods said. "Guys generally play that schedule and give themselves the best opportunity to win tournaments and to have a nice living out on tour. For me, The Players Championship is the big event and against probably the strongest field we play all year. I haven't had a lot of success since 2001.

"To finally put myself there with the chance and the way I was hitting it to get it done on that Sunday, boy, it sure felt good."

Woods and Spieth won two different awards, though both pointed to the area of improvement -- the majors. Woods has been stuck on 14 majors since 2008, though he had a chance in the final round this year at the British Open. Spieth missed the cut at the U.S. Open and PGA Championship and tied for 44th in the British Open.

"I think next year I'm really going to focus on those," said Spieth, who is No. 21 in the world. "Maybe build a schedule or game plan around how to have success and maybe compete at those four events, and I think that would be a better year for me."

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9730379/tiger-woods-voted-pga-tour-player-year

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2013, 06:23:27 PM »
Awesome.  When was the last time Tiger won a major?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2013, 11:24:42 AM »
Awesome.  When was the last time Tiger won a major?

2008.  Who is the no. 1 golfer in the world right now?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: October 09, 2013, 11:53:28 AM »
2008.  Who is the no. 1 golfer in the world right now?

I am glad he is!  It puts more pressure on him and the only thing that matters to him when he retires is the majors.  It's eating him alive. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2013, 11:56:13 AM »
Jack could still wax him. Stay out of this Calvin.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2013, 12:07:37 PM »
Jack could still wax him. Stay out of this Calvin.

Calvin should start cheating like Tiggy 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2013, 01:22:54 PM »
I am glad he is!  It puts more pressure on him and the only thing that matters to him when he retires is the majors.  It's eating him alive. 

I'm sure he'll be disappointed if he doesn't win another major, but I doubt it will bother him too much.  Will be too busy counting his money. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2013, 07:18:03 PM »
I'm sure he'll be disappointed if he doesn't win another major, but I doubt it will bother him too much.  Will be too busy counting his money. 

Nope.  It consumes him in every way. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: October 09, 2013, 08:08:29 PM »
Nope.  It consumes him in every way. 

Perhaps.  Do you really think someone with a net worth of $500 million is going to live an unhappy life because he didn't win enough majors? 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: October 10, 2013, 03:14:48 AM »
Perhaps.  Do you really think someone with a net worth of $500 million is going to live an unhappy life because he didn't win enough majors? 

He has had that wealth since turning pro and he doesnt strike me as a very happy/content guy.  Maybe with age he will be but certainly not right now.   

And many of the wealthy people I have been around are the unhappiest assholes I know.  Tiger is going to struggle with the lack of top notch competition.  If he isnt at the very top I cant see him being a happy guy.  I know he is getting very involved in course design but I dont think that will fill the void. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: October 10, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »
He has had that wealth since turning pro and he doesnt strike me as a very happy/content guy.  Maybe with age he will be but certainly not right now.   

And many of the wealthy people I have been around are the unhappiest assholes I know.  Tiger is going to struggle with the lack of top notch competition.  If he isnt at the very top I cant see him being a happy guy.  I know he is getting very involved in course design but I dont think that will fill the void. 

He has been making bank since turning pro, but I doubt he was worth over $500 mil when he first started. 

I've been around a lot of wealthy people (and poor people too) and the wealthy ones tend to be happier.  At least in my experience.

I guess it's possible the number of future majors he wins (if any) could dictate his happiness when he retires, although I tend to think living in a 20 or 30,000 square foot house, having a private jet, boats, more more money than he can spend in a lifetime, a beautiful mate, healthy kids, etc. will have a much greater impact on his happiness. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: October 10, 2013, 05:47:46 PM »
He has been making bank since turning pro, but I doubt he was worth over $500 mil when he first started. 

I've been around a lot of wealthy people (and poor people too) and the wealthy ones tend to be happier.  At least in my experience.

I guess it's possible the number of future majors he wins (if any) could dictate his happiness when he retires, although I tend to think living in a 20 or 30,000 square foot house, having a private jet, boats, more more money than he can spend in a lifetime, a beautiful mate, healthy kids, etc. will have a much greater impact on his happiness. 

But he has had all that for years but instead of being happy/content with a beautiful wife, healthy kids and unlimited income he was busy chasing nasty tail. Family and wealth obviously dont make him happy.  He is consumed by a record and it is eating him alive. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2013, 11:32:50 AM »

But he has had all that for years but instead of being happy/content with a beautiful wife, healthy kids and unlimited income he was busy chasing nasty tail. Family and wealth obviously dont make him happy.  He is consumed by a record and it is eating him alive. 

Good point.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2013, 06:15:19 PM »
 :o

EA parts ways with Tiger Woods
Updated: October 28, 2013
By Darren Rovell | ESPN.com

One of Tiger Woods' longest business relationships has come to an end.

Electronic Arts announced Monday that it would be ending its 15-year relationship with the golfer, the namesake for the "Tiger Woods PGA Tour" video game series.

Tiger Woods Get all of ESPN.com's latest news, highlights and commentary about the world's most talked-about golfer. Tiger Tracker
"We've always been big fans of Tiger and we wish him continued success in all his future endeavors," said Daryl Holt, the company's vice president and general manager, in a statement, calling it a "mutual decision."

EA's "Tiger Woods PGA Tour" franchise has sold $771 million worth of games over the course of its lifetime, according to market tracking company NPD Group.

"We had an incredible run," said Woods' agent Mark Steinberg, who explained the latest contract had expired. "Outside of [John] Madden, you would be hard pressed to find a sports figure that meant as much to a video game company as Tiger meant to EA. But times are changing and EA had to re-evaluate the partnership and frankly so did we."

Steinberg said he's currently in negotiations with another company regarding Woods' video game rights. EA noted it will continue to use the PGA Tour name on the game.

Although EA officials publicly said Woods' extramarital affairs and the fallout didn't hurt his status, the company chose to have him share the cover in recent years with the likes of Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler and Arnold Palmer.

The story was earlier reported by the Sports Business Journal.

It has been a rough couple of months for Electronic Arts. Last month, the video game company agreed to stop making its college football game as part of a settlement with ex-players. Despite its recent issues, shares of the company's stock are up 108 percent over the last year through the close of trading Monday.

As a result of the scandal that surrounded Woods' personal life, Accenture, AT&T, Gatorade and Tag Heuer either severed or didn't renew their deals with him.

With EA gone, only two sponsors who were with Woods in 2009 remain: Nike, which first signed him when he turned pro in 1996 and renewed its deal this year, and fractional plane sharing company NetJets. Woods also has deals with Fuse and Rolex.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9895265/tiger-woods-electronic-arts-end-15-year-relationship

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2013, 06:43:50 PM »
Wow. I am surprised.  That has always been one of my favorite video games all time andvwhy drop him now?   They have nobody to replace him. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2013, 06:57:14 PM »
Wow. I am surprised.  That has always been one of my favorite video games all time andvwhy drop him now?   They have nobody to replace him. 

Yeah.  Same here.  I'm a couple years behind, but it has been one of my favorites too. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2013, 06:59:23 PM »
Yeah.  Same here.  I'm a couple years behind, but it has been one of my favorites too. 

I am waaaaay behind but used to love the game. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2013, 07:19:27 PM »
shit I loved this game so much I got the computer version when I didnt have a game console

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2013, 08:36:51 PM »
I played so much of that game on Sega Genesis, I feel I could walk on to TPC Sawgrass feeling like I actually know something about it.
Y

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2013, 10:40:15 AM »

Phil?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2013, 04:10:42 PM »
Phil?

No way.  I would love it but not the avg gamer barely knows who he is. 

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2013, 11:34:02 AM »
They claim Eldrick wanted his own set of rules for the game and EA wouldn't agree.  He could take illegal drops without penalty, allow his ball to move with no consequnces, etc., and everyone else would have to play by the rules of golf.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2013, 12:07:51 PM »
They claim Eldrick wanted his own set of rules for the game and EA wouldn't agree.  He could take illegal drops without penalty, allow his ball to move with no consequnces, etc., and everyone else would have to play be the rules of golf.

;D

Would he ever win another major?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »
Haha