Author Topic: Toronto Police screw up badly  (Read 3695 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Toronto Police screw up badly
« on: May 09, 2010, 08:45:55 PM »
It appears the Toronto police force has a brewing PR nightmare on their hands resulting from the controversial death of an 18 yr old kid. police from 31 division were trying to pull over a vehicle near York university, when the vehicle stopped and the occupants bolted from the car. Officers caught up with the pair, ...and before all was said and done, one of them ended up dead. the police claim he died of cardiac arrest due to the vigourous footchase, however, the other occupant of the car claims the police beat his companion to death. When the family saw the coroners report, it appears their son was in a neckbrace, and his face was black & blue... all consistent with a severe beating. Today protestors took to the streets chanting "No Justice, No Peace!" This is not looking good.  :'(
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Toronto Police screw up badly
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 08:49:52 PM »
I didnt think things like this happend in the utopia that is canada?

what leads them to think that he was beaten? his injuries sound consistant with a face plant as well?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:01:43 PM »
he's canadian.  He was probably drunk off molsen and slipped in some maple syrup while curling.  it happens all the time, from what I hear.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 09:02:59 PM »
he's canadian.  He was probably drunk off molsen and slipped in some maple syrup while curling.  it happens all the time, from what I hear.
that curling is some dangerous stuff

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 09:04:29 PM »
I didnt think things like this happend in the utopia that is canada?

They normally don't.

what leads them to think that he was beaten? his injuries sound consistant with a face plant as well?

The witness who claimed the cops beat the poop out of him, and the coroners report showing him in a neckbrace, black & blue with broken ribs. Heart attacks don't break your ribs.  :-\
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 09:06:47 PM »
Why would they run from the car unless they were up to no good? Running from the police after getting pulled over usually gets you your ass beat. Then again, can't say I care beyond this post.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »
Why would they run from the car unless they were up to no good? Running from the police after getting pulled over usually gets you your ass beat. Then again, can't say I care beyond this post.

That's a big question that unfortunately doesn't get asked because the guy is now dead at the hands of police.
No one has even addressed why the police were even trying to pull them over in the first place. Bottom line is unarmed teens should not be dying while in police custody.  :-\
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 09:17:39 PM »
That's a big question that unfortunately doesn't get asked because the guy is now dead at the hands of police.
No one has even addressed why the police were even trying to pull them over in the first place. Bottom line is unarmed teens should not be dying while in police custody.  :-\

They shouldn't be fleeing from the car after a routine stop, either. Sounds like they were doing something they shouldn't have been. Thus, any anger or crocodile tears over this is pointless and insignificant.

And before you justify this with your typical bullshit, they wouldn't have fled if they were truly innocent.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 09:19:12 PM »
They shouldn't be fleeing from the car after a routine stop, either. Sounds like they were doing something they shouldn't have been. Thus, any anger or crocodile tears over this is pointless and insignificant.

And before you justify this with your typical bullshit, they wouldn't flee if they were truly innocent.

x1000

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 09:34:06 PM »

And before you justify this with your typical bullshit, they wouldn't have fled if they were truly innocent.

Unless of course they feared some sort of routine brutality who knows who cares?
While, I agree running from the police after being stopped wouldn't be considered the normal actions of the innocent, I also have to ask, even if they were doing something they shouldn't have been, ...was his death warranted? Since when are the police the arbiters of justice? Only a judge is permitted to issue a death sentence? The cops job is simply to arrest them, not kill them while they're in custody.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
Unless of course they feared some sort of routine brutality who knows who cares?
While, I agree running from the police after being stopped wouldn't be considered the normal actions of the innocent, I also have to ask, even if they were doing something they shouldn't have been, ...was his death warranted? Since when are the police the arbiters of justice? Only a judge is permitted to issue a death sentence? The cops job is simply to arrest them, not kill them while they're in custody.

Thanks for proving my point about justifying it with your typical bullshit. I've been pulled over as a driver and as a passenger and not once has anyone in the car jumped out and took off running like a moron.

If you run from the police after getting pulled over, chances are you're going to get your ass beat. Pulled over, took off running, probably started taking swings at the cops when they caught up to him. Yup, nothing to cry about here. Darwinism at work.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 09:39:24 PM »

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 10:06:12 PM »
WTF would someone sitting as a passenger in car with a neckbrace on try to evade capture by the police by taking off and running during a routine traffic stop?

Sounds fishy to me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 11:58:08 PM »

LOL!  That clip has been posted on the board many times and it's still hilarious.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 11:58:47 PM »
WTF would someone sitting as a passenger in car with a neckbrace on try to evade capture by the police by taking off and running during a routine traffic stop?

Sounds fishy to me.

Agree. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 07:27:24 AM »
If you run from the police after getting pulled over, chances are you're going to get your ass beat. Pulled over, took off running, probably started taking swings at the cops when they caught up to him. Yup, nothing to cry about here. Darwinism at work.
LMAO
"you probably wont get your ass kicked, if you just use common sense"
what part of running after a routine stop sounds like common sense?

"if the cops have to come and get you, their gonna bring an ass kicking with them"
well...

how do you know he didnt try to fight the police jag? he already was resisting arrest

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 07:33:55 AM »
It appears the Toronto police force has a brewing PR nightmare on their hands resulting from the controversial death of an 18 yr old kid. police from 31 division were trying to pull over a vehicle near York university, when the vehicle stopped and the occupants bolted from the car. Officers caught up with the pair, ...and before all was said and done, one of them ended up dead. the police claim he died of cardiac arrest due to the vigourous footchase, however, the other occupant of the car claims the police beat his companion to death. When the family saw the coroners report, it appears their son was in a neckbrace, and his face was black & blue... all consistent with a severe beating. Today protestors took to the streets chanting "No Justice, No Peace!" This is not looking good.  :'(

Probably shouldn't have ran off. 
I'm not a genius, but I don't imagine I'd be thinking: Running from police = end well for me when caught.

Maybe we should make signs in elementary school:
running from the police when they pull you over = usually bad idea

Then we wouldn't have to deal with situations like this.  Open up the newspaper....headline reads "Kid dead, ran from police" 
Instead of marching, everyone would shake their head at the article and say..."Didn't they see the damned sign in school?  Running from police = bad idea.  Maybe I should petition the school board to have the signs be written in brighter colors."
Y

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 07:40:29 AM »
They normally don't.

The witness who claimed the cops beat the poop out of him, and the coroners report showing him in a neckbrace, black & blue with broken ribs. Heart attacks don't break your ribs.  :-\

Broken ribs can cause heart attacks though.
You're looking at this the wrong way.

*double post/new thread meltdown
Y

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 09:13:38 AM »
They normally don't.

If someone is in cardiac arrest and medical personal perform CPR that will break ribs.

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 01:04:35 PM »
Hopefully Canada doesn't have their version of Al "Shady" Sharpton to throw this into a tailspin before they ever get to court. Let the facts, ALL THE FACTS play out before we crucify the cops and exhonorate the kids.

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 01:05:51 PM »
No one has even addressed why the police were even trying to pull them over in the first place. Bottom line is unarmed teens should not be dying while in police custody.  :-\

This is what the courts and the investigations are for. Convictions before trial just makes asses out of you and I.

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 01:07:48 PM »

I agree. But people shouldn't die from it either. I'm not taking any side here. Just let the thing play out and see where it goes. We've been down this road before, i.e.: convicting cops before the facts are in, and look where it ended up.. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 07:10:54 PM »

Sounds fishy to me.

He neither had a neckbrace, nor a need for one when he left the house that day and he was in perfect health.  :-\
...but by the time the police were done with him, he was in a neckbrace, was suffering from broken ribs, was battered, black & blue all over... and subsequently died at the hands of police.

Personally, I'm looking to see his file that surely must have included his rape of Mother Theresa, his kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby, and his ripping off the 'Do not Remove" tag from his mattress, ...cause I can't think of anything he could possibly have done that would warrant and justify his death at the hands of police.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 07:16:20 PM »
Hopefully Canada doesn't have their version of Al "Shady" Sharpton to throw this into a tailspin before they ever get to court. Let the facts, ALL THE FACTS play out before we crucify the cops and exhonorate the kids.

Thankfully we don't, but this family is determined to get answers and the police have not done a very good job of providing them.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »
not taking the polices side here but you havent really shown much, the guy ran we know that, he could have resisted we dont know that one way or the other...

they know why he ran yet?