Author Topic: Pure Protein TV commercial - WTF?  (Read 1067 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Pure Protein TV commercial - WTF?
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:43:25 AM »

'Boston Legal' was on late last night and one of the 'brought to you by' companies was Pure Protein.

Are there really millions of people in the general public who believe they don't get enough protein in their regular diets?

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Re: Pure Protein TV commercial - WTF?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 07:44:19 AM »
'Boston Legal' was on late last night and one of the 'brought to you by' companies was Pure Protein.

Are there really millions of people in the general public who believe they don't get enough protein in their regular diets?

No, but there are millions of people that buy what the TV tells them to.
Y

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 10:37:35 AM »

Yes, there are.  Many people feel like they are not eating correctly - eating too much carbs and fat, and not enough protein.  Simple as that.

newmom

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »
and most fell for the whole atkins thing

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 11:42:35 AM »

Yes, there are.  Many people feel like they are not eating correctly - eating too much carbs and fat, and not enough protein.  Simple as that.

The average person doesn't need that much protein....With all the crap they eat. They get plenty.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »
Those commercials were on every break during the suns/spurs game.  I was getting annoyed.  I love how the mother was packing her kids lunch and putting the bars into their lunchpacks.  I can only imagine the protein farts these kids would have in grade school.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 09:29:11 PM »

Unbelievable, eh?

I guess one should never underestimate the power of stupid.