Author Topic: Adam "Pacman" Jones signs with the Bengals.  (Read 3006 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Adam "Pacman" Jones signs with the Bengals.
« on: May 10, 2010, 12:20:01 PM »
It appears the Bengals have found a way to beat the salary cap: Hire problem children and sign them to the league minimum, as they've done with Jones.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8180bf86&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Sometimes, it ain't the best team that goes the distance. But it's the best-stocked team. Can the Bengals go deep into the playoffs, instead of getting bounced out the Wildcard Round (as was the case in 2005 and 2009)?

regmac

• Getbig V
Re: Adam "Pacman" Jones signs with the Bengals.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »
He's ok....well he was with Tennessee.   He just got distracted in Dallas.   TO and all.   But I think Pac can play up to being a top 5 CB in this league...and a top return guy.   
((-::

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 03:43:37 PM »
their last troublemaker from west virginia head butted a tree so they had to replace him

E
E

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 04:54:52 PM »
their last troublemaker from west virginia head butted a tree so they had to replace him

E
I am sure Zimmer will streighten him out!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 05:12:36 PM »
He's ok....well he was with Tennessee.   He just got distracted in Dallas.   TO and all.   But I think Pac can play up to being a top 5 CB in this league...and a top return guy.   

you been smoking that expensive weed eh?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 08:43:21 PM »
pacman is inconsistant at best give me cortland finnegan or donte robinson any day over pacman, samuals, cromartie or any of the other over rated arrogant corners

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 08:48:57 PM »
you been smoking that expensive weed eh?
No   (he may have the past 5 yrs though) but I know his potential   for being s shutdown cb and return guy. He's very talented and with a clean slate he can turn his life back to what it needs to be. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 08:27:55 AM »
League minimum is, what, half a million bucks?

If Pacman overachieves, the Bengals get a great corner dirt cheap. If he goes back to acting a fool, Zimmer axes him and that is that.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 10:26:34 AM »
League minimum is, what, half a million bucks?

If Pacman overachieves, the Bengals get a great corner dirt cheap. If he goes back to acting a fool, Zimmer axes him and that is that.
Why not give him the benifit of the doubt and hope he's learned his lesson.   He had a chance in Dallas but the real reason we dumped him is to make room the 2 rookies (Jenkins and Scandrik) we had at the time.   But Pac is a great CB for teams in need and he won't cost a lot for now.   Its a risky move but he IS a playmaker and those are hard to find. Cicny is showing they want to be great ...there is nothing wrong with that.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 10:56:02 AM »
Why not give him the benifit of the doubt and hope he's learned his lesson.   He had a chance in Dallas but the real reason we dumped him is to make room the 2 rookies (Jenkins and Scandrik) we had at the time.   But Pac is a great CB for teams in need and he won't cost a lot for now.   Its a risky move but he IS a playmaker and those are hard to find. Cicny is showing they want to be great ...there is nothing wrong with that.

I am giving Pacman the benefit of the doubt. I'm simply emphasizing that it's low-risk, low-to-high reward for the Bengals. They seem to be the rehab team, as of late. I believe they also signed crackhead ex-Jaguar wide receiver, Matt Jones.

Zimmer said in the interview that sometimes players will go all out for you, when they realize that it's THEIR LAST CHANCE to play football and make something of themselves in the NFL.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »
I am giving Pacman the benefit of the doubt. I'm simply emphasizing that it's low-risk, low-to-high reward for the Bengals. They seem to be the rehab team, as of late. I believe they also signed crackhead ex-Jaguar wide receiver, Matt Jones.

Zimmer said in the interview that sometimes players will go all out for you, when they realize that it's THEIR LAST CHANCE to play football and make something of themselves in the NFL.
I am not too sure about Matt Jones though.....unless he's tried at QB where he belongs   he's not a wr.   te   hback or whatever, he's a qb.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 03:35:50 PM »
I am not too sure about Matt Jones though.....unless he's tried at QB where he belongs   he's not a wr.   te   hback or whatever, he's a qb.
Matt Jones couldnt even throw a screen pass reg.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 04:32:38 PM »
Matt Jones couldnt even throw a screen pass reg.
I am sure  threw for 2000+ yds at Arkansas and I am sure they weren't all screens! 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 04:51:37 PM »
I am sure  threw for 2000+ yds at Arkansas and I am sure they weren't all screens! 
key word Arkansas they only play community colleges right :D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 06:48:32 PM »
key word Arkansas they only play community colleges right :D
They've beaten LSU a number of times.   

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 06:35:51 PM »
Cannot wait to see who Pac covers Sunday .   Miles   or Roy?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 06:50:28 PM »
Cannot wait to see who Pac covers Sunday .   Miles   or Roy?
I would say Roy...when does preseason start Sunday?

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 07:05:04 PM »
I would say Roy...when does preseason start Sunday?
I think   i haven't heard about any other games...so it may be the first!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »
I think   i haven't heard about any other games...so it may be the first!

It is the first game. Hall of Fame game. Great class of inductees this year,too. I really look forward to Hall of Fame weekend. Saturday is the day to watch the inductions and speeches. Sunday is game-day. Let the fight for roster spots begin.

Hall of Fame weekend represents the end of the late summer, most boring time of the year for red-blooded american sports fans. It means that pro football is right arond the corner, along with four months of bliss!

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
It is the first game. Hall of Fame game. Great class of inductees this year,too. I really look forward to Hall of Fame weekend. Saturday is the day to watch the inductions and speeches. Sunday is game-day. Let the fight for roster spots begin.

Hall of Fame weekend represents the end of the late summer, most boring time of the year for red-blooded american sports fans. It means that pro football is right arond the corner, along with four months of bliss!
I look fwd to 22 's speech   thats about it....but Sunday is all business!   Especially for the rookies and guys fighting for spots.   The bengals are also interesting to me   so many former Dallas and USC players.   Add Mike Zimmer the Defensive Coordinator.   

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 05:01:30 PM »
I look fwd to 22 's speech   thats about it....but Sunday is all business!   Especially for the rookies and guys fighting for spots.   The bengals are also interesting to me   so many former Dallas and USC players.   Add Mike Zimmer the Defensive Coordinator.   
Right there is a problem reg Zimmer.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 05:05:17 PM »
Right there is a problem reg Zimmer.
Zim is cool     good guy    very tuff too.   I like him...matter of fact   i sent him a sympathy card when his wife passed , and he sent me a thank you card!   My BIGGEST worry in this game  is out MLB Sean lee   he CAN become the next urlecher   but his knee still scares me after his injury 2 yrs ago at PSU.  He wears a brace   and it is as noticable as a pink elephant!