Author Topic: have you ever?  (Read 2800 times)

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
have you ever?
« on: May 10, 2010, 09:31:49 PM »
Have you ever smoked pot on a consistant basis when on a huge cycle to calm your nerves/tension and ease the muscles. One of my buddies said he use to do it everyday at night just so he was more relaxed. He said it made him not as wound up during the day. Anyone done or do this? Pros or cons about it? Could it promote estrogen if used too much? Just wondering about it for shits and giggles. Thought it was indifferent...

nunzi

• Getbig II
Re: have you ever?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 08:19:54 AM »
Seriously?  I can only speak fo myself and some other guys on here.  But were bodybuilders and aren't pot heads.  Wat are u or your friend taking to make nerves so crazy. Personally I love my nerves being crazy.   

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:23:31 AM »
Seriously?  I can only speak fo myself and some other guys on here.  But were bodybuilders and aren't pot heads.  Wat are u or your friend taking to make nerves so crazy. Personally I love my nerves being crazy.   
are you kidding?....bodybuilders are notorious for being huge pot heads!!.....look at all of the substances they take. that shit has a direct effect on your nerves, and eating......plus, most bodybuilders on a amateur, and professional stage are hardcore rec drug addicts......

bench

nunzi

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 08:33:08 AM »
I keep everything clean as in weed. Pills etc. It screws up mentality in the gym and in life in general. Personally if u can't handle the nerves. Don't juice. Don't workout. And just stay home, play video games and eat potatoe chips. Lmao lol

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 08:40:09 AM »
I keep everything clean as in weed. Pills etc. It screws up mentality in the gym and in life in general. Personally if u can't handle the nerves. Don't juice. Don't workout. And just stay home, play video games and eat potatoe chips. Lmao lol
you just elliminated the whole IFBB ;D

bench

nunzi

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 08:40:53 AM »
Hahahaha. Very true

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:25:52 AM »
First off I didn't say I did it! Second off I'm not saying smoke pot all day and go workout like the morons who think you can lift better when high cause you feel nothing. He said he did it like 2 hours before bed to relax. I usually get no sides from what I take in exception to small acne breakouts so I'm chill. I don't need anything to calm me down. Just funny how you reem pot smoking but them turn around and inject steriods in your arse! Haha I don't care cause I've done both! Lol. I do realize we are all bodybuilders at heart, but were not all ifbb pros yet either =)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »
a huge amount of bodybuilders smoke weed. most serious bodybuilders do not drink alcohol on a regular basis. so they smoke instead. i for one smoke everyday multiple times. as well as several other bbrs i know personally, a few ofd whom are top pros and even ifbb professinals. (who smoke eve3ryday mulitple times as well)

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 02:19:11 PM »
Ya, I figured there had to be a large amount of bbers who smoke...besides having the munchies, I don't see any other side effects to doing so. Someone told me it might promote estrogen build up, but I think that's bs. I actually see some benefit too it to relax at night, as long as you can do it and keep your diet and munchies in check lol.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 02:21:46 PM »
Ya, I figured there had to be a large amount of bbers who smoke...besides having the munchies, I don't see any other side effects to doing so. Someone told me it might promote estrogen build up, but I think that's bs. I actually see some benefit too it to relax at night, as long as you can do it and keep your diet and munchies in check lol.
estrogen is a good thing anyways. helps you grow, helps you stay lean, helps your skin stay nice. it does promote water retention and can cause gyno in some people. but mostly a good thing.

although weed has very little if any effect at all on estrogen levels.

munchies are an individual thing. they are very real, but alot of potheads find that after time they dont want to eat when they are high. smoking kind of feels like eating after a while.  ;D

i have awesome workouts high... mainly because my mind is free and i dont get bored even if im in the gym for hours at a time..

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 02:36:01 PM »
estrogen is a good thing anyways. helps you grow, helps you stay lean, helps your skin stay nice. it does promote water retention and can cause gyno in some people. but mostly a good thing.

although weed has very little if any effect at all on estrogen levels.

munchies are an individual thing. they are very real, but alot of potheads find that after time they dont want to eat when they are high. smoking kind of feels like eating after a while.  ;D

i have awesome workouts high... mainly because my mind is free and i dont get bored even if im in the gym for hours at a time..

i will never run another cycle without arimidex or aromasin

without them i get tired very easily, depression, no motivation and my skin actually looks worse

high test/low estrogen is key!

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 02:52:52 PM »
Hahahaaha smoking feels like eating. That's classic tbombz. That's all I did through college, went to the gym worked out crazy, smoked a grip after and ate like a horse. I grew the quickest during that time haha. I don't do it anymore, but it was fun =)

lesaucer

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 11:12:10 PM »
I smoke pot very rarely, but everytime I do, i get sooooo fucking hungry.
When im extremely hungry and its time for my fast food weekly cheat meal, I go at mcdonald, most of the time take 2 double big mac, 10 mcnuggets with big fries and coke, after that im always so fucking full for a very long time!  But last time i smoked weed, I was fucking hungry all of a sudden and went to mcdonald, took the same meal i take every time, ate all this shit like its nothing, and after like 5 mins after, I was still very fucking hungry!!! I couldnt believe it, felt like if I only ate an apple, instead of feeling like throwing up like i do normally.
Definitely going to smoke pot during my cycle this summer and do some crazy 6k clean food calories madness after a 2 hours workout. thats whats up

Alex23

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 11:14:59 PM »
I wish I could smoke... it gives me unease and borderline panic attacks :(

Anyone who can help, I would really like to start... no jokes...

Nomad_Warrior

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 12:35:20 AM »

I've had similar experiences when high when I was younger and it is always because I was insecure about myself or a specific situation in my personal life.  Pot can make you very introspective and if there is some nerveous tension lingering inside because of some specific situation, being high will make it come to the surface and can manifest itself as paranoia or a panic attack.

Now that I'm older, more confident, and have my shit together, I love smoking weed.  I can really relax, and I feel like  I become more in tune with nature, my inner self and artistic/musical things.  But also when I'm high I have no tolerance for people that are annoying me.

Being in an uncomfortable environmont or around people who you don't realy like, can make for an awkward high.

Try smoking in your own home, with one of your good buds and a cold beer.  Garauntee you'll feel great.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 03:42:51 AM »
helps you grow, helps you stay lean

The first part i agree with, to an extent, for example dianabol works so fast partly because of estrogen.

The second part i don't get at all, when ever i take AI's (rarely because i use low amounts) i lean out noticeably...

TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 03:51:34 AM »

Take some xanax 30 min before you smoke, they compliment each other... Just don't do it too often or you'll end up with a nasty addiction.

I smoke rarely, sometimes more often sometimes not in a long time, but when ever i smoke i ALLWAYS want to watch DIE HARD 3, seriously i've seen it like 1000 times and to top it off i have insane amounts of DVD's, but still i end up watching it...  :)  ???  :)
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 09:16:24 AM »
for those with questions about estrogen... :

Contrarian Endocrinology Revisited: Estrogen for Men?
by: Karl Hoffman

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/node/491

dustin

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 11:56:35 AM »
I smoked weed virtually every day. It's compulsory for my migraines but it does work great if you're a bodybuilder. If you smoke before training (IMMEDIATELY BEFORE TRAINING) then you'll have a better mind muscle connection than ever!!! People often take a second look at me if I've accidentally let some smoke hit my clothes before training. They look at me, look at the weight I'm lifting, take a sniff and sometimes ask me "did you smoke weed because that's some big weight???". Most people say they fall asleep if they smoke weed and try lifting, but just do it immediately before, like right before you walk in the gym and you won't regret it.

I CAN'T workout unless I smoke weed. I don't feel like I get pumped up enough or hit the muscle the right way. It helps with eating, sleep, relaxation, sex, etc. I try not to overindulge and just smoke small amounts, but nothing compares to smoking a nice hand rolled joint. I'm shooting for a medical marijuana card right now because I need to start growing my own. I've smoked longer than I've lifted. It's an amazing plant. Just make sure to take time off now and again, don't smoke shitty weed and don't act like you're drunk, because it's not a narcotic or drug that makes you delirious.

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 01:47:29 PM »
I smoked right before a workout once in college and I noticed while lifting every set I kept doing I was getting more and more stoned. It was funny. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the blood circulation. I started to zone out after a while planning on what I wanted to eat after I left. After that experience I always just smoked massively after the workout haha.

Alex23

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 06:52:30 PM »
Take some xanax 30 min before you smoke, they compliment each other... Just don't do it too often or you'll end up with a nasty addiction.

I smoke rarely, sometimes more often sometimes not in a long time, but when ever i smoke i ALLWAYS want to watch DIE HARD 3, seriously i've seen it like 1000 times and to top it off i have insane amounts of DVD's, but still i end up watching it...  :)  ???  :)

hehehe Thanks Luo.... not really into pills.. I'll stick with booze (once I'm done with the diet )  ;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 02:20:45 PM »
I've had similar experiences when high when I was younger and it is always because I was insecure about myself or a specific situation in my personal life.  Pot can make you very introspective and if there is some nerveous tension lingering inside because of some specific situation, being high will make it come to the surface and can manifest itself as paranoia or a panic attack.

Now that I'm older, more confident, and have my shit together, I love smoking weed.  I can really relax, and I feel like  I become more in tune with nature, my inner self and artistic/musical things.  But also when I'm high I have no tolerance for people that are annoying me.

Being in an uncomfortable environmont or around people who you don't realy like, can make for an awkward high.

Try smoking in your own home, with one of your good buds and a cold beer.  Garauntee you'll feel great.

Great post.

I have smoked weed off and on for about 15 years, i think it is a much better alternative than drinking. I used to smoke to help with my anxiety problems in college, and it helped me quite a bit when i got stressed about work as well. These days i smoke very rarely, but i do like to get high after a good workout. I keep a small stash of some awesome hydro locked away for whenever i have a free night away from my gal to just relax around the house and get high.

Some people tend to get anxiety from smoking and it's usually because they smoke way too much or have an underlying problem like you mentioned. There really isn't much harm in smoking, the estrogen issue is pretty much nonexistent and if you're on AAS the estrogen from weed is the least of your problems. It's not nearly as harmful on your lungs as people think and it can actually help stimulate and expand your mind on a psychological level, but too much can give you cognitive problems over a long period of time. I smoked a lot in college and i think it actually helped me calm down and study properly for big exams.

Anyway, i wouldn't smoke too much, but i think it's one of the lesser evils when it comes to curing sleeping problems. Benzos are great but if you have never met someone who is addicted to xanax you might not understand, the withdraws are unreal and you need to be very careful with benzos if you drink, you can blackout very easily and do some stupid shit.

Good luck!

8)

dustin

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 06:11:44 PM »
hehehe Thanks Luo.... not really into pills.. I'll stick with booze (once I'm done with the diet )  ;D

Bro, you don't live in Canada anymore, do you?

Just smoke in a controlled environment that's comfy, has plenty of munchies and fun shit to do. Don't smoke too much all at once. Even though I smoke a ton, I can still smoke 2-3 tokes off a joint and feel fucking fantastic. Unfortunately when you buy weed, most people don't know whether it's predominantly indica or sativa. Most half way ballers just make up strain names and pass it off as good shit too. You've got to meet someone that grows for a compassion club to hook you up.

On that note I'm going to the doctor's office next Wednesday to continue my migraine treatment and discuss new treatment options. Going to bring up marijuana again and press that little fucker to sign the papers. I can't wait to start growing. Little fucker keeps turning me down but I've got an essay and tons of studies ready to print out. Wish me luck.

Alex23

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 07:05:45 PM »
Great posts Dustin, Overload, Nomad_...

I might give it another shot afterall... ;D

dustin

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 01:11:56 AM »
Great posts Dustin, Overload, Nomad_...

I might give it another shot afterall... ;D

Dopespeed, King Alex.

Make sure to bang or at least rub once out while you're high as well! 8)