Author Topic: Awkward or embarassing gym moments  (Read 2940 times)

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
Awkward or embarassing gym moments
« on: May 10, 2010, 10:52:33 PM »
Yeah so im doing leg presses today not feeling really good.. kind of nauseous actually.  Thats when it happens.  In the middle of a set I let the biggest fart rip.  All babies in the next county stop crying in amazement.  Japanese people start pointing and yelling.  Some dude starts tapping off morse code to a military installation.  Every woman in a 100 miles has to put her bra back on after it was blown off by the breaking wind. 

I played it cool though I was like f it and finished the set. 

lesaucer

Re: Awkward or embarassing gym moments
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 11:14:45 PM »
that fucking leg press got me a few times too. try not eating solid food before a workout, liquid only, and shit right before going to the gym.

Nomad_Warrior

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 12:56:17 AM »
This one is classic!

Back in college, I was living in the dorms and I had just started seeing this new chick.  I wanted to tend to my bush as I had not maintained it for a while and I was planning on getting laid that night.  Anyway,  all I had were scissors (no beard trimmer) so off I go into the bathroom, snipping away to tame the beast and I accidentaly clip a small spot on my nutsack.  That fucker was bleeding A LOT and I ended up  having to put a big piece of gauze on it and secure it with medical tape.

That evening I was invited to do some powerliftng with my buddy and one of his friends who I had never met before.  We do a few warm-up sets and then the guy suggests we jog a few times around the track before we really get down to the heavy stuff.  (I don't normally do this, and I thought it was strange, but this guy was huge and strong, so I just went along with it.)  Anyway, we start jogging and I'm starting to sweat and just as we are winding down, a bloodied white gauze drops out from the bottom of my shorts.  This dude just looks at me with a straight face, looks at the gauze and then looks away.  I tried to explain, but he said he didn't care.  The entire lift sesion, the akwardness I felt was killing me, I was trying to squeeze in an explanation, but for some reason the guy was just adimant about not wanting to hear it.

I never was invited back to lift with that guy again...but on the brightside I did  pull a personal best on deadlifts that night.  I believe its because I was trying to compensate for feeling like a douchbag.

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 02:08:59 AM »
This one is classic!

Back in college, I was living in the dorms and I had just started seeing this new chick.  I wanted to tend to my bush as I had not maintained it for a while and I was planning on getting laid that night.  Anyway,  all I had were scissors (no beard trimmer) so off I go into the bathroom, snipping away to tame the beast and I accidentaly clip a small spot on my nutsack.  That fucker was bleeding A LOT and I ended up  having to put a big piece of gauze on it and secure it with medical tape.

That evening I was invited to do some powerliftng with my buddy and one of his friends who I had never met before.  We do a few warm-up sets and then the guy suggests we jog a few times around the track before we really get down to the heavy stuff.  (I don't normally do this, and I thought it was strange, but this guy was huge and strong, so I just went along with it.)  Anyway, we start jogging and I'm starting to sweat and just as we are winding down, a bloodied white gauze drops out from the bottom of my shorts.  This dude just looks at me with a straight face, looks at the gauze and then looks away.  I tried to explain, but he said he didn't care.  The entire lift sesion, the akwardness I felt was killing me, I was trying to squeeze in an explanation, but for some reason the guy was just adimant about not wanting to hear it.

I never was invited back to lift with that guy again...but on the brightside I did  pull a personal best on deadlifts that night.  I believe its because I was trying to compensate for feeling like a douchbag.

Thats one of the most embarassing things ive ever heard in my life hahahahhaha

I never trim my junk right before a date.  Seems like something always gets f up like a nick here an ingrown hair there.  Pretty soon you are like shit it looks like a really bad undiscovered std

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 06:34:27 AM »
Nothing for myself, but one funny incident: a guy I used to train with was competing in a PL meet. Last attempt in the DL, with the audience absolutely quiet, he really lets rip. ;D Last meet he ever did. :D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 07:30:40 AM »
This one is classic!

hahaha!
R

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 08:15:07 AM »
i was at the gym about three years ago, and some dude was doing DB curls.....and just died!!!

he litterally dropped the DB's, fell down, and fucking died!!

the EMS crew, the city police dept., and the JP totally ruined my workout that day...

bench

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 09:15:24 AM »
This was my worst but I have had a few.  I was training with a couple guys on the incline.  I had 315 on it.  I am done with my set and I get off to go behind and spot the next guy.  Well you know you have squeeze between the incline you are on and the one behind it.  Well the plates needed to be pushed in (you know how they loosen up)  So as I walked by and trying to squeeze through I pushed the plates.  Well my fucking left nipple got pinched between two plates.  I yelled so loud everyone stopped what they were doing in the whole gym and turned to me.  And I was pumping my legs and squeezing my tit so hard.  It hurt really bad.  Well after a couple minutes of yelling and jumping up and down I took my hand off and my shirt around my left pec was all bloodied.  I was so afraid to look but had too.  Well as I had a nice crowd around me I lifted my shirt and a piece of my nipple about 1/4" in size was hanging off.  Well after everyone did there ewing and awing I put ice on it and decided to go home.  Well you would think that is it but not yet.  After a shower and several ice cubes I looked at it in the mirror and I just couldn't stand the floppy piece of nipple hanging.  So, I decided to be even tougher.  I got more ice and my finger nail cutter.  I melted a few more pieces of ice on it and slapped the shit out of it to numb it as much as possible.  I then proceeded to cut it off with the nail cutter.  I swear to god I thought nothing could be worse.  It hurt bad and started to bleed more.  So now you would think this is it.  Not yet!!  Fearing for infection I soaked some toilet paper in Peroxide and put it over my tittie.  HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was as bad as all the other put together.  I was squeezing it so hard and actually put a towel in my mouth so I could yell and not make noise.  Man what an experience that was.  To top it off my daughter and her husband came by about an hour later or so and I had to show them.  Sounds went from ew and ah to uncontrollable laughter.  anyway that is my worst but I got some other.  Hey 30+ years in the gym not to bad  ::)
No Worries 4 me

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »
also, i was living in houston at the time, and a amp of some sort of steroid fell out of a dudes ass while he was working out......apparently he didnt know what to do with it...

bench

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 01:22:54 PM »
i once tapped a dood  on the shoulder and said " hey bro can i get a spot"

and she turned around to give me a wierd look  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 02:56:13 PM »
LOL some of yalls are hillarious...

mine isnt that great but here it is

was a lifeguard at a YMCA when I was younger during a break I decided to go work out. It was a leg day so I started warming up on squats I had board shorts on with nothing on underneath. I didnt realize how much support they gave me until I got down in the hole and they exploded. I dont mean they ripped I mean the freaking exploded right down the middle creating a loud popping noise like that of snapping a wet towel. Luckily I had a towel from the pool I was using as a sweat rag which i used to wrap around my waist and run back down to the pool to change shorts.

Nomad_Warrior

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 04:00:50 PM »

was a lifeguard at a YMCA when I was younger during a break I decided to go work out. It was a leg day so I started warming up on squats I had board shorts on with nothing on underneath. I didnt realize how much support they gave me until I got down in the hole and they exploded. I dont mean they ripped I mean the freaking exploded right down the middle creating a loud popping noise like that of snapping a wet towel. Luckily I had a towel from the pool I was using as a sweat rag which i used to wrap around my waist and run back down to the pool to change shorts.

Hahaha, were there any people around to see this?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »
Hahaha, were there any people around to see this?
LOL there were a couple not many but I didnt make eye contact on the way out  :-[

I dont even think I unracked the weights  :D

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 01:22:32 PM »
I've had two moments of glory..when I first started lifting, all the guys on my rugby team were deadlifting (we train together) and I wanted to "keep up" with others. I picked up over 300# (i only weighed 170lbs back then) for 6 reps ...put the rack down and then remember waking up on the floor. I was told I passed out.. ::)

Last year I was on my last set of Leg day, I got it done, took a couple of steps and proceeded to projectile vomit all over the place. Some poor bastard had to clean the machine I hit along with every weight on stack cause you know some leaked in between them  ;D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »
I've had two moments of glory..when I first started lifting, all the guys on my rugby team were deadlifting (we train together) and I wanted to "keep up" with others. I picked up over 300# (i only weighed 170lbs back then) for 6 reps ...put the rack down and then remember waking up on the floor. I was told I passed out.. ::)

Last year I was on my last set of Leg day, I got it done, took a couple of steps and proceeded to projectile vomit all over the place. Some poor bastard had to clean the machine I hit along with every weight on stack cause you know some leaked in between them  ;D
thats no so bad.....i pass out at the gym all the time...

bench

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 12:36:03 AM »
I was in the gym today and I start talking to this girl asking if shes using some equipment.  So shes talking to me and ok shes hot first but shes got on like spandex/lyrcra/something and its like.. her nips are totally just right there boom showing under the shirt.  She's making eye contact with me and it took all the willpower I could muster to maintain eye contact and not look down and stare. 

Damn I hope this happens again tomorrow.  I <heart> the gym.   ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 07:33:57 AM »
This was my worst but I have had a few.  I was training with a couple guys on the incline.  I had 315 on it.  I am done with my set and I get off to go behind and spot the next guy.  Well you know you have squeeze between the incline you are on and the one behind it.  Well the plates needed to be pushed in (you know how they loosen up)  So as I walked by and trying to squeeze through I pushed the plates.  Well my fucking left nipple got pinched between two plates.  I yelled so loud everyone stopped what they were doing in the whole gym and turned to me.  And I was pumping my legs and squeezing my tit so hard.  It hurt really bad.  Well after a couple minutes of yelling and jumping up and down I took my hand off and my shirt around my left pec was all bloodied.  I was so afraid to look but had too.  Well as I had a nice crowd around me I lifted my shirt and a piece of my nipple about 1/4" in size was hanging off.  Well after everyone did there ewing and awing I put ice on it and decided to go home.  Well you would think that is it but not yet.  After a shower and several ice cubes I looked at it in the mirror and I just couldn't stand the floppy piece of nipple hanging.  So, I decided to be even tougher.  I got more ice and my finger nail cutter.  I melted a few more pieces of ice on it and slapped the shit out of it to numb it as much as possible.  I then proceeded to cut it off with the nail cutter.  I swear to god I thought nothing could be worse.  It hurt bad and started to bleed more.  So now you would think this is it.  Not yet!!  Fearing for infection I soaked some toilet paper in Peroxide and put it over my tittie.  HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was as bad as all the other put together.  I was squeezing it so hard and actually put a towel in my mouth so I could yell and not make noise.  Man what an experience that was.  To top it off my daughter and her husband came by about an hour later or so and I had to show them.  Sounds went from ew and ah to uncontrollable laughter.  anyway that is my worst but I got some other.  Hey 30+ years in the gym not to bad  ::)

hahahaha!!

also, i was living in houston at the time, and a amp of some sort of steroid fell out of a dudes ass while he was working out......apparently he didnt know what to do with it...

bench

:o haha!

i once tapped a dood  on the shoulder and said " hey bro can i get a spot"

and she turned around to give me a wierd look  :-\

lol!

;D
Same thing happened to me w/some long pants made out of that material...Yes, a loud pop!  Not a quiet tear....I had a jacket I tied around my waist.

Last year I was on my last set of Leg day, I got it done, took a couple of steps and proceeded to projectile vomit all over the place. Some poor bastard had to clean the machine I hit along with every weight on stack cause you know some leaked in between them  ;D

:-X ;D
R

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 08:41:28 AM »
On and off and I hit my head when warming up for behind the neck presses - happens often.
Used to fall on my butt a few times when squatting deep.

Only thing that I would see as embarrassing  is someone showing off.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 06:58:13 PM »
i was at the gym about three years ago, and some dude was doing DB curls.....and just died!!!

the EMS crew, the city police dept., and the JP totally ruined my workout that day...

bench

Talk about "going all out" ....damn.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 08:25:14 PM »
Talk about "going all out" ....damn.
he was a pussy..its what he got for rounding up all the dumbells for crossfit!!!!!!!

bench

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 10:14:32 PM »
was at the gym about three years ago, and some dude was doing DB curls.....and just died!!!

he was just following the Weider Sudden Death Principle.
Flower Boy Ran Away