Author Topic: Views Of Massive Oil Blowout On The Ocean (video)  (Read 7221 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Views Of Massive Oil Blowout On The Ocean (video)
« on: May 12, 2010, 08:35:30 AM »
C

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Views Of Massive Oil Blowout On The Ocean (video)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 08:58:44 AM »
holy shit... until seeing this clip, I really had no idea of just how HUGE this spill is becoming.

87 miles out... a mile deep... somewhere up to a million gallons of oil per day adding to the mess... and it'll be 2 to 3 months before they can slant drill under it to stop the flow, best case scenario.

Of course everyone in charge wants to minimize the damage... nobody wants to be the messenger that says "yes, this is going to RUIN a great deal of FL, TX, LA business for the next 5 to 10 years..."

"For the first time in my environmental career, I find myself using the word HOPELESS.  We cannot stop this."

Damn.  I'm not about placing blame here... all of the companies are pointing fingers, and neither party did what was needed to keep the safety/cleanup technology up with the drilling technologies.  But as far as the impact... damn... this could end up being the biggest natural-ish event of this generation.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 09:09:18 AM »
I can't believe this.  It is incredible what is happening down there, and not in a good way either. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 09:24:02 AM »
Above all is the amazement that the media spends endless hours talking about so called celebrities, american idol, elections in England and other non issues all the while this MONSTER OF A SPILL is going to impact not only the gulf states, but at this rate will effect Mexico, Florida possibly Cuba (should it began going toward the Atlantic). Now everything from sea food industry, tourism, ecological, environmental..even birds will end up being victims. Now we watch the different businesses involved in this spill all pointing fingers at each other, Obama is talking as though someone spilled a SINGLE BARREL OF OIL in the gulf as opposed to the millions of barrels that have spilled. He is so lackadaisical about what is going on and these half assed attempts to stop the gusher seem like deliberately lame attempts. Something is amiss in this for sure
C

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »
Looks like hay may be a solution. Not sure if BP would even consider this:

Full Video at this link:

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 11:39:25 AM »
I'm sure republicans will find a way to defend this.  ;D "accidents happen" ....drill baby drill... ;D
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:35:24 PM »
Crazy shit guys.

That hey trick is pretty cool. 8)

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:35:55 PM »
Above all is the amazement that the media spends endless hours talking about so called celebrities, american idol, elections in England and other non issues all the while this MONSTER OF A SPILL is going to impact not only the gulf states, but at this rate will effect Mexico, Florida possibly Cuba (should it began going toward the Atlantic). Now everything from sea food industry, tourism, ecological, environmental..even birds will end up being victims. Now we watch the different businesses involved in this spill all pointing fingers at each other, Obama is talking as though someone spilled a SINGLE BARREL OF OIL in the gulf as opposed to the millions of barrels that have spilled. He is so lackadaisical about what is going on and these half assed attempts to stop the gusher seem like deliberately lame attempts. Something is amiss in this for sure

They're already concerns here(in SC) that we may very well have oil on our coastline due to both the inability to stop the well and of course because they won't be able to clean all of it up so the currents will obviously take this into the Atlantic.  I honestly don't think there should be a cap for the damages that this is going to cause...BP caused it, they should pay for all of it.  

Once again, a big fuck you to all of you pussies saying, "But BP can't afford to clean it up, it will bankrupt them!"  Waaaaaahhhh, then maybe they should take the necessary precautions so this doesn't happen in the first place.  It has been made very clear that there weren't enough safety precautions in place to even contain this much less stop the well.  Another company will come in their place.  

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »
They're already concerns here(in SC) that we may very well have oil on our coastline due to both the inability to stop the well and of course because they won't be able to clean all of it up so the currents will obviously take this into the Atlantic.  I honestly don't think there should be a cap for the damages that this is going to cause...BP caused it, they should pay for all of it.  

Once again, a big fuck you to all of you pussies saying, "But BP can't afford to clean it up, it will bankrupt them!"  Waaaaaahhhh, then maybe they should take the necessary precautions so this doesn't happen in the first place.  It has been made very clear that there weren't enough safety precautions in place to even contain this much less stop the well.  Another company will come in their place.  

Acoustical switch = $500 000 ....too expensive for the industry  ::) . No wonder with 2 oil guys in power for 8 years what do you expect.
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »
Looks like hay may be a solution. Not sure if BP would even consider this:

Full Video at this link:

This hay may look like a great solution, only problem is the oill is still spilling at a horrendous rate and given the size of the spill already it would probably require all the hay in america to capture what is out there right now...let alone what is still leaking
C

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 02:46:51 PM »
"Once again, a big fuck you to all of you pussies saying, "But BP can't afford to clean it up, it will bankrupt them!"  Waaaaaahhhh, then maybe they should take the necessary precautions so this doesn't happen in the first place.  It has been made very clear that there weren't enough safety precautions in place to even contain this much less stop the well.  Another company will come in their place.  "

HAHAHAHA

i don't remember BP having any pity on us when gas was $4 a gallon, and they were making record 10 billion in profits.

Suddenly it's "noooo we can't let them fail!" as they sit up there in front of Congress and shrug about the millions of lives they are about to affect.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 02:49:18 PM »
Acoustical switch = $500 000 ....too expensive for the industry  ::) . No wonder with 2 oil guys in power for 8 years what do you expect.

::)  ::)  BP donated more to Obama than any other politicians in the past 20 years.  good try though fool. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 02:50:29 PM »
why do you think they didn't have the $500 switch on this pump, 33?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 02:52:26 PM »
Dont know.  But to blame Cheney and Bush is beyond stupid. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 03:02:25 PM »
I'm not blaming bush.

I'm blaming the company who can pocket 10 bil in profits (was it one year, or one quarter?  I think it was a record quarter)...

but doesn't have the concern for public safety to spend $500 on the switch.  Yes, Bush did loosen that law which made it so they didn't legally have to possess the switch - pretty shady too.

But Obama had a year and a half to reverse that law.  So he'd be to blame as well, if you want to blame presidents.

All of this shit where presidents just pass blame to the last guy - it's some bullshit.  You get into office... and if you have ONE MINUTE to hit the golf course, then you have no room to blame the last guy for shit you fail to change.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 03:10:34 PM »
Dont know.  But to blame Cheney and Bush is beyond stupid.  

to say they shouldn't be blamed and possibly for a good portion of the problem is dumber.

Then, between January and March of 2001, incoming Vice President Dick Cheney conducted secret meetings with over 100 oil industry officials allowing them to draft a wish list of industry demands to be implemented by the oil friendly administration. Cheney also used that time to re-staff the Minerals Management Service with oil industry toadies including a cabal of his Wyoming carbon cronies. In 2003, newly reconstituted Minerals Management Service genuflected to the oil cartel by recommending the removal of the proposed requirement for acoustic switches. The Minerals Management Service's 2003 study concluded that "acoustic systems are not recommended because they tend to be very costly."

The acoustic trigger costs about $500,000. Estimated costs of the oil spill to Gulf Coast residents are now upward of $14 billion to gulf state communities. Bush's 2005 energy bill officially dropped the requirement for the acoustic switch off devices explaining that the industry's existing practices are "failsafe."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 03:16:27 PM »
ah, the switch was $500k.

Still, if you're making ten billion dollars, put the damn switch in.  Bush did a shitty thing by removing them.  However, surely Obama learned of this at some point, and didn't move to make the companies place the switch there.  So he's at fault too.

Just like morons who blame clinton for 911.  Sorry.  If Dubya had 9 months to play golf and make stem cells his priority, he had time to overhaul intelligence agencies and actually read aug 5 memoes delivered to him by hand. 

Buck stops here.  Period.  President is responsible.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 03:16:36 PM »
So a business is going to not incur a cost of $500,000 upfront in return for accepting a potentially unlimited liability?  GMAFB.  

Accidents happen.  Its life.  Lets clean the mess up, figure out what went wrong, and make new procdures for drilling, and get going on finding more oil asap.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
actually their liability by law was 75 million.

How many rigs does BP have?

If they have more than 150 rigs, then it was cost prohibitive.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 03:27:19 PM »
Again - do the math - would you not spend $500k in return for a potential $75 million liability? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 03:27:52 PM »
So a business is going to not incur a cost of $500,000 upfront in return for accepting a potentially unlimited liability?  GMAFB.  

Accidents happen.  Its life.  Lets clean the mess up, figure out what went wrong, and make new procdures for drilling, and get going on finding more oil asap.  

::) Oh dear god, we're talking about Oil companies and you're going to cry me a fucking river over them spending half a million on a rig that will be pumping out billions for them ::)  Sometimes you really are a fucking tool in your quest to totally blame Obama for everything.  God forbid Obama doesn't get all the blame. 

You're right 3333, you're always right ::)

PS. don't have a fit over being called a fucking tool, it's not that bad.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
Again - do the math - would you not spend $500k in return for a potential $75 million liability? 
I can't listen to this shit. ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »
it's 500k PER RIG.

I don't know how many rigs they have.  They did the risk analysis, and obviously decided the cost of buying, fitting, installing and maintaining these pieces was greater than the $75 million they were required to pay if the SHTF.

Bush changed the law, and they embraced it.  Obama didn't change it back.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 03:30:19 PM »
I'm not blaming Obama and have not blamed obama for this.

I'm saying that shit happens and will always happen.  If they did not do what they should have done, then sue them and the owners and bankrupt them etc etc,.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 03:31:14 PM »
I can't listen to this shit. ::)

Hugo - how many businesses have you run in your life?