Author Topic: Obama to cut NYC anti-terror funding even after Times Sq. incident - FUBO!!!!  (Read 2048 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama to cut NYC anti-terror funding even after Times Sq. bombing attempt
By S.A. MILLER
www.nypost.com

Last Updated: 6:33 PM, May 12, 2010

________________________ ________________________ ________

WASHINGTON – The Obama administration will announce tomorrow it has slashed anti-terror funds for New York City, despite the attempted Times Square bombing less than two weeks ago that underscored the enormous threat to the city.

The Department of Homeland Security informed New York officials yesterday that grants to the city were cut 27 percent for mass transit security and 25 percent for port security.

The mass transit funds dropped $42 million, from $153 million last year to $111 this year.

Port security funds suffered a $11.2 million cut, from $45 million to $33.8 million, officials said.

The timing of the announcement drew howls from New York lawmakers on Capitol Hill, whose recent pleas for increased anti-terror spending in the Big Apple – along with the same plea from Mayor Bloomberg – fell flat.

They said the Times Square bomb attempt shows that New Yok remains the top target for terrorists and that the city deserves the lion’s share of federal spending on security.

"For the administration to announce these cuts two weeks after the attempted Times Square bombing shows they just don’t get it and are not doing right by New York City on anti-terrorism funding," Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said.

He urged the White House to reconsider its decision.

"Instead of distributing funding all over the country, they should focus their attention where the greatest threat exists — right here in New York," he said.

Homeland Security officials did not immediately respond to questions about the funding level. But they previously said the city receives ample funding, despite cuts.

Rep. Pete King (R-LI), the ranking Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee, said the cuts were "dangerous and unconscionable."

"The threat against New York City, the top target of al-Qaeda, is increasing, not decreasing," he said, noting that the city has been the target of at least 11 foiled terror plots since 9/11.

"The Times Square attempt served as a wake-up call for many, but apparently not for the Obama Administration, which should be dramatically increasing New York City’s homeland security funding, not decreasing it."

It is not the first time President Obama has short-changed the city on homeland security dollars.

Obama has moved for the second year in a row to eliminate a $30 million program called "Securing our Cities."

It would create a ring of radiation detectors around the city to monitor for nuclear and dirty bombs.

Last year, Schumer and King succeeded in fighting to restore $20 million for the nuke detectors along highways, toll plazas, bridges, tunnels and waterways.

The administration also decided to redeploy the Coast Guard’s Maritime Safety and Security Team in New York to Boston Harbor.

________________________ ________________________ ______

Freaking speechless at this dirty communist pofs. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
seeing as our nation is broke...

are you okay with obama printing the $ for protecting NYC?

12secGT

• Getbig III

No. But what I am NOT ok with is him sending Haiti $100 Million for earthquake relief instead of sending that to NYC to protect his own. Let the UN handle the humanitarian issues. Everyone knows we bankroll that useless place as it is...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Hey asshole - I live here.  

If this traitor you suck cock for daily can find $50 Billion for the Greeks, $786 Billion for the fraudulent Stim Bill, $400 Billion for Fainnie Freedy, $125 Billion for AIG, $50 Billion for GM, he can easily divert some of that money to protect NYC.

240 - if you are kneepadding this - seriously GFY!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
where am I kneepadding anything? 

And we both condemn hait and fannie mae spending - that's not an issue here.

I'm asking you, 333386, are you cool with Obama printing the $ for this purpose?  See, the minute you're okay with creating money for something you AGREE with, then you lose some of that ability to condemn obama for it.

No need to get all, "GFY" on this.  You're either okay with printing $, or youre not.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
We are only printing money to cover deficit spending.  If you dont spend money to protect yourself, and especially NYC, than what the fuck else are we spending money on? 

Serious, this is not a damn joke.  People are going to get killed because of this communist traitor. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
okay - so you are on record saying you're okay with Obama printing or borrowing - for security?

DOes this extend to ANY military spending?  Or just those in your town?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Did I say that moron?  Geez you are dense. 

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
the money apparently hasn't stopped a goddamn thing, so it was being wasted. Good call to cut it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
so I am asking you.  If our country is broke - if we do NOT have the $ for military spending or domestic defense... is it okay to borrow $ in that case?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Right, becauce the money is better spend on "green jobs", LGBT studies, and ObamaCare?   ::)  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
no - and for the 2nd time - I don't believe a single dollar should be sent on those crap causes - I agree, please stop drilling me with a point I already concede.

He's printing $ for that too lol....

So - yes or no - do you support Obama printing $ for national and domestic defense?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
so I am asking you.  If our country is broke - if we do NOT have the $ for military spending or domestic defense... is it okay to borrow $ in that case?

Bro - you seriously have been doing drugs or something the last month or so.  

We take in about 2.5 Trillion a year in tax revenues, but spend 4 Trillion.  

Do the math fool.  Defense is supposed to be the 1st priority, not the last.  Let him cut the bailouts, the global warming bs, the stim bill, obamacare, etc.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Anti-terror funding cuts: President Obama is making New York City less safe
www.nydailynews.com

Michael Daly

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 4:00 AM
________________________ ________________________ ________________

Nicastro for NewsArmed officers lock down Times Square at the scene of the attempted car bombing by
Faisal Shahzad (below).

Well, Mr. President, maybe when you come to the city for a political fund-raiser today
you can explain how you can allow cuts in funding to protect those of us who live,
work and raise our kids in the terrorists'  bull's-eye.

Cuts that come in the immediate aftermath of the attempted car bombing in Times
Square.

Which came in the aftermath of the attempted bombings in the subway.

Which came in the aftermath of a dozen other attempted attacks.

Which came in the aftermath of the mass
murder of thousands on 9/11.

All of which came before the next attempt,
which is sure to come.

Most experts think the chances are better
than ever it will be in the subways. Yet the 
Department of Homeland Security is cutting
our transit funding from $153 million to $
111 million.

Money to protect the port is being cut from
$45 million to $33.8 million.

A government official who is privy to some
of the intelligence that is summarized each
day for the President says there is a
"constant threat stream" regarding New
York.

Get Morning Home Delivery of the Daily News for up to 70% off.
Call (888) 393-3760Advertisement 
"Absolute insanity," the official said of the
cuts.

The Homeland Security Department is
trying to duck the blame for the subway
part of the insanity, saying that the cut for
New York only reflects an overall transit
security cut by Congress.

But all Congress did was approve the
funding request from the White House,
which was down from $400 million to $250
million.

The White House being your house, Mr.
President.

On Monday, as I walked with my 16-year-
old daughter to the subway that takes her
to school and me to work, she began
talking about the terrorists.

"I was just wondering," she said.

I told her that it is up to each one of us to
fight the terrorists by refusing to be
terrorized, by continuing to ride the trains
and walk the streets.

I realized that I was talking to her like she
was a solider in a war, and I began to scold
 myself.

I then realized that's exactly what she is.

Bronagh Daly did her part by continuing
down into the subway, riding one of the
lines that was targeted by the bombers in
the fall.

The Times Square car bomb was a block
from where she went to a Boys Like Girls
concert not too long ago.

Now, I have to figure out a way to tell her
the President she so admires is leaving her
and her city less protected.

Maybe you can explain it to her, Mr.
President.

mdaly@nydailynews.com

newmom

No. But what I am NOT ok with is him sending Haiti $100 Million for earthquake relief instead of sending that to NYC to protect his own. Let the UN handle the humanitarian issues. Everyone knows we bankroll that useless place as it is...

that is SPOT ON, protect our own before helping out others.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Yes, I am for printing more money to protect America's most important city even though the country is broke.

If we can piss away hundreds of billions of dollars on banks that were run into the ground with Congress driving the getaway car + the waste and pork from the pile of shit stimulus package that created no jobs+ the earmarks, back room deals and other slimy tactics that this administration has used to bribe, cajole and intimidate others to bend to their agenda= we can spend a few million we don't have to protect NYC-- the countries largest terrorist target, which has hit in 1993 and 2001 and where a week or so ago another Muslim cockroach terrorist tried to detonate a car bomb in times square.

This latest act of treason is absolutely indefensible and no intelligent or reasonable person can even play devils advocate.  No interpretation or opinion of the contrary holds any merit whatsoever. It's a stupid move from both a logical and political standpoint.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
"Yes, I am for printing more money to protect America's most important city even though the country is broke."

Amen.  So am I.

333386, where do you stand?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Don't worry GW - 240 will rush as fast as he can to spin this. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
"Yes, I am for printing more money to protect America's most important city even though the country is broke."

Amen.  So am I.

333386, where do you stand?

Do you read or do you just play dumbest poster of the Poltical Board for fun lately?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
youre saying we should cut other shit - and I agree.  But it's not going to happen.  He's not going to cut the bailouts.  Now, if we can accept that, will you answer the Q?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

lmao....i loooove teh 240...no homo

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If we ended the bailouts and ended all the waste fraud and abuse on govt and restored it to its constitutional functions, we would have plenty of money to protect NYC. 

But noooooooooooooo, all the lazy do nothings want health care, food stamps, pensions, govt jobs, and cradle to grave benes funded by others.  Hence bankruptcy. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
NO HE WONT ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION...HE DOES THIS SHIT ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Bro, the same shit with the "Treason thread"  ::) I keep asking for pages and pages...and i cant ever get a straight answer...just answer the fucking question yes or no

240 is Back

• Getbig V
33, dude, we're never gonna cut the bailouts.  BOTH PARTIES SUPPORTED IT.  You can't UNSPEND the money the banks have.

It's a pipe dream - it will not happen.  We're not going to get our haiti $ back.  it's an unrealistic solution you're presenting.  Obama, nor any president from any party, can 'take back' money he's spent or pledged.  its gone.

LOOKING AHEAD - we don't have the $ to protect NYC.  Are you in agreement with me and Whorewell that it is okay to print money, as long as it's for defense of NYC?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
NO HE WONT ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION...HE DOES THIS SHIT ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Bro, the same shit with the "Treason thread"  ::) I keep asking for pages and pages...and i cant ever get a straight answer...just answer the fucking question yes or no

Do I favor it?  What fucking choice do I have now? 

Deal with inflation or get blown up?