Author Topic: Tito Officially Innocent and off the hook.  (Read 2856 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Tito Officially Innocent and off the hook.
« on: May 13, 2010, 12:29:25 PM »
I knew it was all a big misunderstanding...The UFC does not allow thuggery ;D

UFC Boss: I’m Cool with Tito Ortiz http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/13/ufc-boss-dana-white-tito-ortiz-jenna-jameson-cool-fight-roster/

Originally posted 28 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Tito Ortiz is officially out of the doghouse with the man who signs his checks -- UFC honcho Dana White -- now that the D.A. has rejected possible criminal charges in that whole domestic violence arrest.
White -- who had threatened to kick Tito's ass to the curb if Jenna Jameson's accusations against the fighter turned out to be legit -- tells TMZ that Ortiz will not face any punishment from the organization.

White added, "I'm cool with Tito ... he's still on our roster now … we'll be looking to get him in the ring in October or November."

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: Tito Officially Innocent and off the hook.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 04:28:16 PM »
ha ha!
w

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 04:42:10 PM »

Ken owned Dana.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 05:22:13 PM »
Tito was framed  ;D

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »
The UFC does not allow thuggery ;D

They still have Nate Diaz.
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »
They still have Nate Diaz.

You must be referring to the younger, more composed Diaz brother that didn't start that thugg like street brawl in that mediocre Strikforce disaster on TV.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 05:55:00 AM »
You must be referring to the younger, more composed Diaz brother that didn't start that thugg like street brawl in that mediocre Strikforce disaster on TV.

I am referring to the Nate Diaz who is referenced in this article about a "possible" bout with Marcus Davis from 2 days ago.

The condition of the fight may still be pending due to the upcoming hearing within the Tennessee Athletic Commission regarding Nate Diaz's involvement in the post fight brawl that broke out following his teammate, Jake Shields, and the altercation with Jason "Mayhem" Miller.

There's no guarantee that anything will happen to Diaz, but if he does face a suspension that goes beyond the Aug 28 date, the UFC is expected to honor that penalty and a replacement would be found to face Davis.

Marcus Davis is coming off of a 2nd round knockout over Jonathan Goulet this past weekend at UFC 113 in Montreal. As for Diaz, his test at welterweight will continue after a dominant win over Rory Markham in his 170lb debut at UFC 111 in March.

More information about the fight between Davis and Diaz will be available after the hearing is held with the Tennessee Athletic Commission later this month.

Nate Diaz was one of 6 people cited for involvment in that brawl,  Oh, but I forgot, he's with the UFC which according to you means he's a church ordained saint.
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 06:50:16 AM »
I am referring to the Nate Diaz who is referenced in this article about a "possible" bout with Marcus Davis from 2 days ago.

The condition of the fight may still be pending due to the upcoming hearing within the Tennessee Athletic Commission regarding Nate Diaz's involvement in the post fight brawl that broke out following his teammate, Jake Shields, and the altercation with Jason "Mayhem" Miller.

There's no guarantee that anything will happen to Diaz, but if he does face a suspension that goes beyond the Aug 28 date, the UFC is expected to honor that penalty and a replacement would be found to face Davis.

Marcus Davis is coming off of a 2nd round knockout over Jonathan Goulet this past weekend at UFC 113 in Montreal. As for Diaz, his test at welterweight will continue after a dominant win over Rory Markham in his 170lb debut at UFC 111 in March.

More information about the fight between Davis and Diaz will be available after the hearing is held with the Tennessee Athletic Commission later this month.

Nate Diaz was one of 6 people cited for involvment in that brawl,  Oh, but I forgot, he's with the UFC which according to you means he's a church ordained saint.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19110/marcus-davis-could-draw-nate-diaz-at-ufc-118-if-commission-issues-resolved.mma

Six people who participated in the CBS-televised brawl await possible suspension and/or fines from the Tennessee Athletic Commission, though their names have yet to be officially released. A commission meeting scheduled for Thursday in Nashville was delayed by massive flooding that's submerged much of the city's downtown area. The meeting tentatively has been rescheduled for May 27.

If Diaz is held responsible for his part in the brawl, the TAC could fine him up to $250,000, though he could appeal the fine and delay its enactment.

That thugg like brawl just won't go away...how embarrassing for the sport.
Too bad Nate was there to support his teamate. Poor kid, wrong place, wrong time.
I am sure you wont see him attending anymore of these rinky-dink shows.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 08:05:18 AM »
These things happen dude.

It's happened in boxing, it's happened in major league baseball, it's happened in the NBA, it's a routine thing in hockey.

Get over it.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 08:25:34 AM »
These things happen dude.

It's happened in boxing, it's happened in major league baseball, it's happened in the NBA, it's a routine thing in hockey.

Get over it.

This IS a big deal...MMA is a relatively young COMBAT sport with an already bad reputation. The UFC is almost single single-handedly responsible for spending time and money getting this sport sanctioned around the world.

When an amateur style org like Strikeforce gets in over their head, and allows something like this thug-like brawl to happen, it is a big deal. It's a disgrace to the sport. Especially seeing that this brawl happened on FREE National Pimetime TV...not PPV, butt National FREE TV.

Imagine how many people tuned in for the first time, or were casually changing channels,  and this is what they saw. Absolute disgrace to MMA.
You have to realize that many new fans get drawn into MMA primarily from watching on FREE TV before any PPV etc.

You have to remember that most people who have never watched MMA, are expecting a bunch of idiotic, crazy men,  bashing each other into a bloody near-death state. Then you have this unprofessional, thug-like brawl , that really casts a lot of their feeling into truth.

That is why this IS A BIG DEAL.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 08:43:35 AM »
 I don't know a single person who was initially interested in MMA who got turned off due to that incident - not a single one, especially with people who are inclined to like combat themed entertainment. Maybe your grandmother got offended, I don't know. I don't condone it though, it's not like it's a routine problem - and to blame strikeforce for possibly hurting ufc is ridiculous.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 08:49:32 AM »
I don't know a single person who was initially interested in MMA who got turned off due to that incident - not a single one, especially with people who are inclined to like combat themed entertainment. Maybe your grandmother got offended, I don't know. I don't condone it though, it's not like it's a routine problem - and to blame strikeforce for possibly hurting ufc is ridiculous.

I never said it hurt the UFC directly...If anything it made the experienced fan appreciate the UFC more. This shit is just frustrating and it hurts the acceptance of the sport.

I will agree, this is not a routine problem. Most likely because Strikeforce doesn't put on many shows. And the ones they do are not usually on Primetime TV. ;D