Author Topic: GetBig Private Investigators  (Read 3472 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
GetBig Private Investigators
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:06:07 AM »

I'm looking to buy a house.  The one I want isn't on the market, because it hasn't been officially foreclosed on yet and Wells Fargo is so far behind on getting FCs processed that they can't even give an estimate on when it'll even go to trustee sale, let alone when it would come to market.  The house has been empty for a year, but the bank will not let me buy it because it's not in the FC process yet.

So, I've got to track down the owners and wanted to ask you P.I.s, what do you normally charge for something like that?

Thanks in advance.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Re: GetBig Private Investigators
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:07:36 AM »
Jeez tre just find the Tax Key # and trace it back.  Plus any realator could find it
No Worries 4 me

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:17:30 AM »
Jeez tre just find the Tax Key # and trace it back.  Plus any realator could find it

That's what we thought, but the trail has gone cold.  The only mailing address we have is the property itself and none of the phone numbers on the tax docs are valid.  

We suspect the title company has more information, but they're citing privacy laws in their refusal to share it with us.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:17:40 AM »
This guy charges $100 a day.  He also has a partner that he'll split with.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:20:37 AM »
It's a sign Tre..................... ............don't buy that house.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 11:23:22 AM »
Your state should have a Real Property Search  or Real Estate Property Search and or thru the courts system, whereas you can look up the deed to the house. You might have to go to the court system that handles that and ask the clerk in Land Records or the equivalent to that. Some states offer that online as well.

newmom

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 11:34:21 AM »
also try FB or myspace with their names, its worth a shot

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »
It's a sign Tre..................... ............don't buy that house.

Good point, but I live in the region's best country club and they aren't building any more homes up here, aside from a few mega-sized custom homes still to go in the $1.5M-plus range.  There are still some foreclosures coming down the pike later this year, but very few single stories, and there's been a buying frenzy lately, because of the limited inventory.  The last two have sold for full asking price in the past couple of weeks...not a good sign for a cheapskate like me.  ;D  

Because I bought the other house in '07, it has only just now begun to recover its lost value.  I'd like to buy a higher-end property now, as the upside on these up here is pretty awesome, given how fast the town is growing.  For example, there's a bank-approved short sale on a really nice home for $540,000 and the home was originally purchased for $1.2M back in '06.  It's gorgeous, but I think it would cost too much to finish the backyard.  

It's all about the investment right now and the thought of doubling my money in the next 5-6 years is very appealing..

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »
also try FB or myspace with their names, its worth a shot

I've actually found one record with what looks to be their son...a report of an arrest record that is.  Looks like Jr. has been charged with 16 counts of burglary. lol

NCNPC29

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 11:55:23 AM »
I'm looking to buy a house.  The one I want isn't on the market, because it hasn't been officially foreclosed on yet and Wells Fargo is so far behind on getting FCs processed that they can't even give an estimate on when it'll even go to trustee sale, let alone when it would come to market.  The house has been empty for a year, but the bank will not let me buy it because it's not in the FC process yet.

So, I've got to track down the owners and wanted to ask you P.I.s, what do you normally charge for something like that?

Thanks in advance.

PM me the address and I'll get you the information.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 11:56:23 AM »
PM me the address and I'll get you the information.

Magnum is on the case.  8)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 11:58:23 AM »
I've actually found one record with what looks to be their son...a report of an arrest record that is.  Looks like Jr. has been charged with 16 counts of burglary. lol

Turd burglary?!

Try going up the food chain at Wells Fargo. Often people at banks try to keep certain REOs out of foreclosure until one of their own (or a close friend) can jump on the property.

Just start/keep calling and annoying the piss out of people. :)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 12:07:48 PM »
It's been a while since I did this professionally but the tax office will certainly have public records of current and previous owners.

Most real estate people would be reluctant to provide assistance if there is no commission forthcoming unless you made a commitment to work with one fo them during the purchase proceedings.

NCNPC29

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 12:09:15 PM »
Magnum is on the case.  8)

LOLOLOL.....classic show right there. I can only imagine the pussy that guy has pulled in his life. (no homo)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 12:36:54 PM »

Thanks in advance.

just go and squat on the property after a year of squating it's yours free and clear.
F

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 12:39:25 PM »
LOLOLOL.....classic show right there. I can only imagine the pussy that guy has pulled in his life. (no homo)

Hell yes.....he still looks pretty good for his age too......no homo....

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 12:50:27 PM »
Hell yes.....he still looks pretty good for his age too......no homo....
The dude has been 35 for 20 years.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 12:53:52 PM »
The dude has been 35 for 20 years.

True.  When he was doing Friends, women of all ages were still drooling all over him.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 01:18:55 PM »
Tre bro - don't forget if it sounds to good it always is

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 01:28:52 PM »
Good point, but I live in the region's best country club and they aren't building any more homes up here, aside from a few mega-sized custom homes still to go in the $1.5M-plus range.  There are still some foreclosures coming down the pike later this year, but very few single stories, and there's been a buying frenzy lately, because of the limited inventory.  The last two have sold for full asking price in the past couple of weeks...not a good sign for a cheapskate like me.  ;D  

Because I bought the other house in '07, it has only just now begun to recover its lost value.  I'd like to buy a higher-end property now, as the upside on these up here is pretty awesome, given how fast the town is growing.  For example, there's a bank-approved short sale on a really nice home for $540,000 and the home was originally purchased for $1.2M back in '06.  It's gorgeous, but I think it would cost too much to finish the backyard.  

It's all about the investment right now and the thought of doubling my money in the next 5-6 years is very appealing..

At least with a bank approved short sale, the process should be shorter than if it was just a short sale with unapproved price.
I close at the end of the month on a home that went for as high as $900,000 and went to $699,000. Final price, $605,000 with 100% finance and NO PMI. Plus since I got it under contract before April 30th, I get the $8,000 federal tax credit as well as $10,000 tax credit from CA. Good deal for me.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 01:31:07 PM »

Landscaping is mucho expensive, even with illegals.  trees and rocks and grass costs a shit load of money.  it adds up real fast.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 01:46:50 PM »
Fuck it, just put a building back there and make your own custom gym.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 02:20:12 PM »
At least with a bank approved short sale, the process should be shorter than if it was just a short sale with unapproved price.
I close at the end of the month on a home that went for as high as $900,000 and went to $699,000. Final price, $605,000 with 100% finance and NO PMI. Plus since I got it under contract before April 30th, I get the $8,000 federal tax credit as well as $10,000 tax credit from CA. Good deal for me.

Nice work!

Since it's not my dream home or anything and will likely sell in 6-7 years, I'm looking at possibly doing over 95% financing myself and using the rest of the cash to do the backyard.  I won't be paying a monthly PMI per se, but have to pay like $2400 upfront.   

On the backyards, gotta make sure you've got plenty of side yard if you want to bring in a bulldozer and if I'm having to move dozens of scoopfuls of earth, that's gonna be time-consuming and costly.  A lot of the areas have those big slopes that have to be dug out, retaining wall put in, etc.  One potential idea is to have the pool and spa elevated, which would cut down a bit on hauling expense. 

I'm just not keen on spending so much money on a house that doesn't already have the pool and spa.  :-\

newmom

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 04:32:06 PM »
God damn oldschool no PMI, thats good. Usually, at least in CT if your loan is more than 80 percent of the price PMI is automatic

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 05:29:09 PM »

Thanks in advance.

why do you think the owners would give you any info on it, they obviously want nothing to do with it, or they would make it easier to find them.

TEAM Nasser