Author Topic: OVEREEM DESTROYS ROGERS!  (Read 16010 times)

suckmymuscle

OVEREEM DESTROYS ROGERS!
« on: May 16, 2010, 03:33:16 PM »
  This was an ownage. I thought Rogers' superior KO power and toughness would win over Overeem's superior skills at striking. I was wrong. Lol...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHNOQHapWXQ

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: OVEREEM DESTROYS ROGERS!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 03:39:22 PM »
Tossing a very heavy Rogers around like a ragdoll is no easy feat!
Q

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 03:42:21 PM »

Yeah that was crazy

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 03:43:19 PM »
  I got to say...it pains me a lot to admit it...but I think that Overeem would destroy Fedor.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 03:52:09 PM »
 I got to say...it pains me a lot to admit it...but I think that Overeem would destroy Fedor.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I wouldn't go as far as to say he would destroy him but he has a better chance of beating Fedor than any other fighter I can think of...
DAWG

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 03:56:11 PM »
The thing about Fedor, is that he is a machine. He makes very little mistakes, he finds his opponents weakness' and exploits them. And he can take a hit. This makes him very very dangerous, to anyone.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 04:03:11 PM »
I wouldn't go as far as to say he would destroy him but he has a better chance of beating Fedor than any other fighter I can think of...

Standing Fedor literally only has a puncher's chance of knocking Overeem out. Fedor certainly has the power, but Overeem's technique at striking and his reach is so superior that I wouldn't want to fight Overeem standing if in the case I were Fedor. On the ground, Fedor does have a chance, but Overeem is so incredibly strong and good at avoiding submissions that it would be a bitch for Fedor to submit him. I wouldn't bet on Fedor in a fight against Overeem, but he's the one fighter who could defeat Overeem.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »
The thing about Fedor, is that he is a machine. He makes very little mistakes, he finds his opponents weakness' and exploits them. And he can take a hit. This makes him very very dangerous, to anyone.

yes, when you think he's beeing brutalized by someone, he just delivers a hard ko, stronger and tougher than he looks, unbeliavable fighter, will retire undefeated. should fight more often!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »
I dont think Overeem has the will to beat Fedor.

Fedor simply WILL not lose... He finds a way to win every time. He said in an interview somewhere, he looks at a fight like the man hes fighting is trying to take food from his family, or something like that.

Fedor will = unstoppable. The man does not know HOW to lose.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 04:08:41 PM »
yes, when you think he's beeing brutalized by someone, he just delivers a hard ko, stronger and tougher than he looks, unbeliavable fighter, will retire undefeated. should fight more often!!

Everyone has his limits. When an opponent carries 50 lbs more of muscle than you, has far superior striking ability and also reach, and has proven to be extremely slippery and hard to submit, it might be too much even for Fedor. Fedor had trouble submitting Rogers, and yet Alistair is stronger than Rogers and much more skilled on the ground.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 04:11:23 PM »
 Everyone has his limits. When an opponent carries 50 lbs more of muscle than you, has far superior striking ability and also reach, and has proven to be extremely slippery and hard to submit, it might be too much even for Fedor. Fedor had trouble submitting Rogers, and yet Alistair is stronger than Rogers and much more skilled on the ground.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I’m excited to see them fight…

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 04:16:43 PM »
  This was an ownage. I thought Rogers' superior KO power and toughness would win over Overeem's superior skills at striking. I was wrong. Lol...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHNOQHapWXQ

SUCKMYMUSCLE

We know........NEXT!

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 04:18:40 PM »

he sounds like... a boy on excessive amounts of steroids  :D, when was this vid about?

he allways had that ;" hehe look how much smaller you are" look in his face...I dunno...

SECONDLY! Don Frye is a real man  :D

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 04:38:18 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

that added (50lbs ::) 20 lbs more muscle doesnt do you any good if a lighter fighter punches harder.
far superior striking ability? hahahah come on now mma fights are brawls, fedor has a great reach, have you seen him delivering long distance blows on the ground? Like i said before, fedor fights in such a way that the other fighter doesnt have advantage on his further reach. Only thing alistar should do is stick and move, if they go toe to toe, alistar will get get KTFO

suckmymuscle

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »
that added (50lbs))) 20 lbs more muscle doesnt do you any good if a lighter fighter punches harder.

It's way more than only 20 lbs. Factor in bodyfat, and Alistair has 40 to 50 lbs of muscle more than Fedor.

And yep, Fedor does have the power to knock any man out, but my point is that Alistair will lend a lot more punches and also kicks because his striking technique is superior and his reach is greater. It is extremely unlikely that Fedor will hit Alistair on the chin which is what it would take to knock him out because Alistair won't let him. He is a K-1 champion, not a bar brawler like Rogers. So it is extremely unlikely that he will let his guard down for Fedor to connect.

far superior striking ability? hahahah come on

Yes, a guy who's background is kickboxing and is a K-1 champion has superior striking ability than a man who's background is sambo and who almost got knocked out by a subpar fighter once.

now mma fights are brawls, fedor has a great reach, have you seen him delivering long distance blows on the ground? Like

Yes, against Nogueira, who is nowhere as strong or skilled as a striker as Overeem...

i said before, fedor fights in such a way that the other fighter doesnt have advantage on his further reach. Only thing alistar should do is stick and move, if they go toe to toe, alistar will get get KTFO

You want to bet with me on this one? Fedor will get demolished if he tries to stand with Alistair: superior reach, speed accuracy...Do you think Fedor would win K-1? Lol please...c'mon...

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 05:12:16 PM »
Winning k1 once doesnt make you a superior striker Suckmymuscle, only good fighters there are bonjasky and hari, he lost the second match against hari brutally, bonjasky also much lighter fighter defeated overeem. In k1 i can see fedor losing to hari, against overeem? not so sure about that. If crocop was in his prime now, he would easily dominate the k1 for years, the competition aint that good anymore, he was unlucky with a guy ''hoost'' that was unbeatable. You saw the match crocop-fedor  standing right, it didnt do a kickboxer much good in exchanging blows with fedor, even though mirko has superior, precize punches, he got the less out of their exchanges, you re overlooking fedor's standing game, its the most dangerous hitter with good reach and good defence.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 05:21:09 PM »
Overeem vs Fedor

yes now that would be an interesting matchup. my bet is on Fedor though but could go either way probably.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »
Winning k1 once doesnt make you a superior striker Suckmymuscle, only good fighters there are bonjasky and hari, he lost the second match against hari brutally, bonjasky also much lighter fighter defeated overeem. In k1 i can see fedor losing to hari, against overeem? not so sure about that. If crocop was in his prime now, he would easily dominate the k1 for years, the competition aint that good anymore, he was unlucky with a guy ''hoost'' that was unbeatable. You saw the match crocop-fedor  standing right, it didnt do a kickboxer much good in exchanging blows with fedor, even though mirko has superior, precize punches, he got the less out of their exchanges, you re overlooking fedor's standing game, its the most dangerous hitter with good reach and good defence.

I rest my case. Fedor's toughest fight ever was against Crocop at the 2005 PRIDE GP, and it went all five rounds and Fedor won on a decision. Now that was back in 2005 when fedor was prime, and Crocop is much smaller and weaker than Overeem. Now if prime Fedor struggled against Crocop, imagine how he will fare past his prime against a striker who's as good as Mirko but much stronger and with more power. Fedor would get destroyed.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 05:28:25 PM »
Christ, every month it's someone new that will beat Fedor. Every time they get destroyed. But I will say that Overeem is the only guy worthy of being in the cage with Fedor right now and does stand the best chance of beating him. Still think he loses badly, though.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 05:33:41 PM »
Christ, every month it's someone new that will beat Fedor. Every time they get destroyed. But I will say that Overeem is the only guy worth of being in the cage with Fedor right now and does stand the best chance of beating him. Still think he loses badly, though.

Dude, I'm the World's greatest Fedor fan, but Overeem is just a monster. He is a Brock Lesnar who can actually kick and punch fast precise and hard.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »
 I rest my case. Fedor's toughest fight ever was against Crocop at the 2005 PRIDE GP, and it went all five rounds and Fedor won on a decision. Now that was back in 2005 when fedor was prime, and Crocop is much smaller and weaker than Overeem. Now if prime Fedor struggled against Crocop, imagine how he will fare past his prime against a striker who's as good as Mirko but much stronger and with more power. Fedor would get destroyed.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

fedor is not in his prime anymore  ??? his lasts fights never went beyond the first round, he demolished everyone with ko
hong man choi is also excellent striker and far heavier and bigger than overeem, also did k1, that didnt stop fedor to deliver some blows to his huge cranium and win the fight smart. yes, i said before i can see this fight go to distance, i dont think crocop is any less then overeem btw, he won dirty with 3 knees to the groin. no matter how bigger the guys are they just cant beat him, history has show that, anything is possible ofcourse but use your logic, if someone wins 30 fights in a row the odds are small that he will lose.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 05:39:34 PM »
 Dude, I'm the World's greatest Fedor fan, but Overeem is just a monster. He is a Brock Lesnar who can actually kick and punch fast precise and hard.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

dont agree, allistar lacks power punches, he couldnt ko brett if the fight continued for 2 days

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 05:41:03 PM »
when you see how much trouble the russian guy had with rogers and overeem so little, you can draw conclusions that uvereem can take him, but it doesnt work that way, every fight stands alone.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 05:43:30 PM »
he sounds like... a boy on excessive amounts of steroids  :D, when was this vid about?

he allways had that ;" hehe look how much smaller you are" look in his face...I dunno...

SECONDLY! Don Frye is a real man  :D

don frye is my new hero 8)

bench

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »
MMAth never fails

What is MMAth? MMAth is the process of using a sequence of past mixed martial arts fight results that provide a logical and objective argument for predicting the result of a future mixed martial arts bout  ::).

A basic MMAth equation:
Tito Ortiz beat Forrest Griffin who beat Shogun,
...therefore Tito Ortiz should beat Shogun    ;)