Author Topic: Mr GetBig 4 contest  (Read 19875 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Mr GetBig 4 contest
« on: May 17, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »
One of our getbig regulars PMed me tonight, asking about the next Mr Getbig contest.  I haven't spoken to Mindspin or CQ in months. 

Would there be any interest from getbiggers in doing another show like this?  If so, which of the past format(s) did you like best?  How shold the natural/not natural issue be handled?  What about letting Getbig (IE, any member with over 500 posts) vote?  Or a natural and regular division?

Above all, let's get a conversation going... see if another online show would be a cool thing.  The Mr Getbig I was probably the first online bodybuilding show, and certainly the first one with such a grassroots feel.  It grew into something big, with $5000 in cash prizes, which many liked and some did not.

So let's throw some thoughts out there... what do you think of a Mr GetBig show?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Mr GetBig 4 contest
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »
add a "no face pic submitted" round just for rep points.
A

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »
if it's for natural guys only and you give at leat 2 months to prepare i am in!!..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 08:28:44 PM »
Personally, IF it happens again, I think it may be cool to time it right around the Olympia, when the interest is highest.  You put it the week before the Olympia, and you have more eyes on it than at any other time of the year.  You put it maybe 3 days before the O... maybe even better.  or, the week after, as we did on the first one.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 08:30:17 PM »
Diet = Count me out.

if ron ran ads on the site...he'd have 1k-2k to giveaway.

Diet = Count me out.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 08:37:02 PM »
Great Idea

Ive been trying to get interest in this going again and it looks like

dov
tonymctones
TA
reardenmetal are either in or possibles

Id rather do specific judges as opposed to letting all members vote, I think ppl would create alot of gimmicks to vote and it would be alot more of popularity or unpopularity that ppl vote for or against...

I think there defintely needs to be rules set out for natural or not, its not really fair to have naturals compete against enhanced BB perhaps a natural class and regular if we could get enough ppl...then maybe an overall perhaps spotting the natural a couple points iono just thinking out loud.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 08:41:42 PM »
Great Idea

Ive been trying to get interest in this going again and it looks like

dov - his leg cuts werent natural.    
tonymctones
TA
reardenmetal are either in or possibles

Id rather do specific judges as opposed to letting all members vote, I think ppl would create alot of gimmicks to vote and it would be alot more of popularity or unpopularity that ppl vote for or against...

I think there defintely needs to be rules set out for natural or not, its not really fair to have naturals compete against enhanced BB perhaps a natural class and regular if we could get enough ppl...then maybe an overall perhaps spotting the natural a couple points iono just thinking out loud.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 08:44:30 PM »
THIS is why I'd love to see getbig members vote :)

Maybe we interview each candidate.  Ask them about their lifetime steroid, supp and proH use, with dates.  If the bullshit meter goes off, it may result in hundreds of getbiggers voting them down as a result.  Every vote would count - none of that electoral college stuff.  You rank them 1-6 or 1-8, and we average every score.  It could be pretty cool, IMO... my own wish has always been a compeltely public ballot.  Sure, you'll have people who vote based on other things, but with thousands of members, the best man will win.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 08:49:59 PM »
Since web cameras are more pervasive, make the contestants do posedowns live at a certain time rather than submitting pictures.  That will keep people honest and keep them from submitting doctored photos.  Also, make the entrant have a minimum of x number of posts on GetBig forum.  That will ensure that they are contributing to the site and are an actual candidate for Mr. Getbig rather than someone jumping on at the last minute to try to win a contest.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 08:52:49 PM »
THIS is why I'd love to see getbig members vote :)

Maybe we interview each candidate.  Ask them about their lifetime steroid, supp and proH use, with dates.  If the bullshit meter goes off, it may result in hundreds of getbiggers voting them down as a result.  Every vote would count - none of that electoral college stuff.  You rank them 1-6 or 1-8, and we average every score.  It could be pretty cool, IMO... my own wish has always been a compeltely public ballot.  Sure, you'll have people who vote based on other things, but with thousands of members, the best man will win.

why?  it's not like dina al sabah will be in it. based on true natural physiques in getbig I the bob paris dude should have won.

yeah...i'd vote for wiggs on the brown ballet but it's not like he'll lose 50lbs by the end of the yr without going into cardiac arrest.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 08:53:36 PM »
Since web cameras are more pervasive, make the contestants do posedowns live at a certain time rather than submitting pictures.  That will keep people honest and keep them from submitting doctored photos.  Also, make the entrant have a minimum of x number of posts on GetBig forum.  That will ensure that they are contributing to the site and are an actual candidate for Mr. Getbig rather than someone jumping on at the last minute to try to win a contest.

yes i suggested this before, to make a posing routine small video beside the pics!!.. will e very interesting!!..

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 08:54:38 PM »
I'll be straight up in that I am not lifetime natural. I am as of this week, 11 months clean. If this is acceptable for my entry into the contest, I am in. I'd happily take any test if there were one.

I'm entering to win. So bring it if you got it :)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »
Maybe. But I probably wouldn't win, so I won't waste my time!  :D
X

AVBG

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 09:01:54 PM »
I don't think it's possible to make it a natural show...as evidenced the last time out, just make it all open entry..Just limit the entrants to a post count or at least a time posting qualification ie over 2-3 years with over 10 posts per day qualification (for example).

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »
I will guest pose if there is demand

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 09:04:38 PM »
I did it last year with only 1 week to clean up. With enough heads up I'd be down for this one. Umm, if its declared "natual only" this time can some guy that's OBVIOUSLY on something not run off with 1st again? Us natural twinks got robbed. Either go completely open or enforce it (even if its through common sense).

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 09:06:34 PM »
make sure its only real getbiggers, characters everyone is more or less familiar with, so that some random asshole whos done drugs and nobody knows who the hell he is doesnt come out of the woodwork with 22 posts, win it, then disappear into the shadows again.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 09:06:53 PM »

In pink thongs posing trunks with sparkles on them?
X

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »
In pink thongs posing trunks with sparkles on them?

absofuckinlutely
and I'll do a routine to a Kelly Clarkson song

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 09:09:51 PM »
absofuckinlutely
and I'll do a routine to a Kelly Clarkson song

This is good stuff right here. Or better yet, a Justin Beiber song!
X

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 09:14:54 PM »
I don't think it's possible to make it a natural show...as evidenced the last time out, just make it all open entry..Just limit the entrants to a post count or at least a time posting qualification ie over 2-3 years with over 10 posts per day qualification (for example).
Id still compete but i think other naturals might not but then again there arent that many naturals willing to compete anyway  :-\

AVBG

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 09:20:02 PM »
Id still compete but i think other naturals might not but then again there arent that many naturals willing to compete anyway  :-\

worrying about who's on or not is pointless. proving it via a internet comp is impossible.. just concentrate on prepping the best you can.

Alex23

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 09:20:49 PM »
Almost brought it up yesterday..

A posing routine with mandatory poses, posted on youtube.

AVBG

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 09:20:53 PM »
that would be worth the price of admission - alone.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 09:22:32 PM »
I would possibly think about doing it if it's for lifetime nattys.