Author Topic: Mr GetBig 4 contest  (Read 19890 times)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
Re: Mr GetBig 4 contest
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 09:24:50 PM »
I had a great time doing the last one, but I have to say, if Ron decides to have another one it should just be open to anyone, trying to prove if someone is "on" is so subjective, and the whole Aqcuilies fiasco was a mess, and a posing routine would be absolutely hilarious!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 09:26:40 PM »
worrying about who's on or not is pointless. proving it via a internet comp is impossible.. just concentrate on prepping the best you can.
I think if we required a test for top 3 it would be sufficient...

thing is even a lifetime natural at 100% is at a great disadvantage when going up against a person who is using...

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 09:29:19 PM »

thing is even a lifetime natural at 100% is at a great disadvantage when going up against a person who is using...

Agree to both points.

AVBG

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 09:31:25 PM »

IMPOSSIBLE to do.. think about it, there are trophy hunters out there who learn to pass tests IRL.

AVBG

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 09:32:41 PM »
just man up an take on all comers. The irony is that most juicers would be hesitant to do this type of competition in the first place.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »
Not to mention, I bet theres plenty of dudes on this site that don't have health insurance, and I really don't see too many people on here paying out of pocket for a drug test for an internet competition..

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »
IMPOSSIBLE to do.. think about it, there are trophy hunters out there who learn to pass tests IRL.
I dont think its impossible just have them submit a test result from a clinic, there is always going to be a way to get around things but the point is to try to limit it

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 09:55:49 PM »
Not to mention, I bet theres plenty of dudes on this site that don't have health insurance, and I really don't see too many people on here paying out of pocket for a drug test for an internet competition..
just for the top 3 if the top 3 are in the money was my thought...I personally would still compete as its more about getting into shape than winning but it would suck knowing that im competing against enhanced ppl with really no chance of winning...

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 12:02:07 AM »
Unfortunately, I can't compete, not natural, but it's pretty cool seeing how some compare from last year or the year before.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 12:46:11 AM »
Good stuff.  Open contest would be easiest but there seems like a lot of interest in natty.  Testing is impractical imo so leave it to Getbiggers to disqualify with their vote.  If 2/3 say you're dirty then you're out (90% wanted Aquillies DQed last time and the other 10% just love black people no matter what).  It might not always be accurate but it will reflect Getbig's beliefs.

Agree with 240 on the vote - public ballot, one man one vote, no judging panel.  Imo keep prizes minimal or none at all.  If you get the title that should be enough.

Posting up unofficial pics early might be a good idea for some of those guys who shoot themselves in the foot with poor lighting/ background/ image resolution/ etc.  Seems like there's one every year.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 01:30:37 AM »
What about entry for people who are not lifetime natural but are currently clean?

What's the cut-off point?

Also, instead of weight or height classes we could have post-count classes - over 1000 posts and over 5000 posts categories? Just throwing some ideas around.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 01:37:23 AM »
No prizes...........that way juiced up one post per year girls like "aquiles" don't turn up to "compete". special stars or something like that.

Must have 500+ posts

Getbig decides who can "compete"

Hard to say about the whole natty/juiced etc............hard to enforce for an online thing.
No doubt about it...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 03:42:45 AM »
What about entry for people who are not lifetime natural but are currently clean?

What's the cut-off point?

Also, instead of weight or height classes we could have post-count classes - over 1000 posts and over 5000 posts categories? Just throwing some ideas around.

I reckon 12 months from the last shot is the same as natty but we'll have to get Sev's opinion.  He's the real expert.  :D  Again, you're relying on people's integrity tho which is why I like the idea of Getbiggers DQing with a strong majority vote.  Users will probably slip through but I doubt Getbig would DQ any nattys for being on, with the possible exception of Ursus who is a natural born freak.

Hope Ron gives the blessing!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 04:16:36 AM »
I'm interested in entering so that I can push the envelope of dieting and training while clean. I haven't ever really done so (without AAS).

I agree that I may have an edge on a lifetime natural. I have 20-30 lbs more mass than if I'd never used, probably.

I also see no way that the contest can be level. I guess I would enter with the understanding that most of Getbig can 'spot' a user. Short of testing (which isn't foolproof itself) there's no other way to do it.

I'll take on whoever wants to enter. I can beat Acquiles while clean. Even if I can't, ain't no way I'll admit it til it's over.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 04:23:24 AM »
dov's cuts arent natural...so #3 would have been mr getbig if DQs occurred.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 04:28:50 AM »
who the fuck is CQ

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 04:36:47 AM »
Will there be a twink gays division?  ;D

fixed for fun ;D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 05:40:41 AM »
I haven't lifted since Oct.

Im in :-*
L

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2010, 06:07:50 AM »
What's the time limit for being clean but not lifetime natty? 4 yrs clean here (and a hell of alot smaller :()

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010, 06:11:20 AM »
The only thing to do for the natty thing is to ONLY accept longtime posters on here.....you can bet that if anybody has posted something questionable about their natty status EVER, someone can/will dig it up. 

I don't think people would pay for testing.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2010, 06:13:10 AM »
Open Entry

Maybe have a panel of judges to vote AND have a GB member vote?  Both winners (if different) win something....if the same person wins both they receive the combined prizes.

R

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2010, 06:15:36 AM »
who the fuck is CQ
You have been here how long and you don't know who CaribbeanQueen is?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2010, 06:17:37 AM »
Open Entry

Maybe have a panel of judges to vote AND have a GB member vote?  Both winners (if different) win something....if the same person wins both they receive the combined prizes.

Maybe we need a figure contest too, Stella.  Would you be entering?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2010, 06:18:48 AM »
moderators can choose 8-10 getbiggers whom they see have enough knowledge to judge and who are respectable enough to be fair!!..

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2010, 06:28:25 AM »

Maybe we need a figure contest too, Stella.  Would you be entering?

:)