Author Topic: Google admits its cars have been harvesting wireless data  (Read 642 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Google admits its cars have been harvesting wireless data
« on: May 17, 2010, 08:56:40 PM »
Authorities on both sides of the Atlantic on Monday moved towards investigating Google following the internet group’s disclosure that it had recorded communications sent over unsecured wireless networks in people’s homes.

Peter Schaar, the German commissioner for data protection, called for a “detailed probe” by independent authorities into the practice by Google.

“It is unprecedented vacuuming of WiFi data by a private company. Can you imagine what would happen if a German corporation was sending cars through Washington sucking up all this information?”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/254ff5b6-61e2-11df-998c-00144feab49a.html

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Google admits its cars have been harvesting wireless data
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »
Authorities on both sides of the Atlantic on Monday moved towards investigating Google following the internet group’s disclosure that it had recorded communications sent over unsecured wireless networks in people’s homes.

Peter Schaar, the German commissioner for data protection, called for a “detailed probe” by independent authorities into the practice by Google.

“It is unprecedented vacuuming of WiFi data by a private company. Can you imagine what would happen if a German corporation was sending cars through Washington sucking up all this information?”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/254ff5b6-61e2-11df-998c-00144feab49a.html

Now this is the type of topical, thought provoking interesting stuff I'm talking about.

Thanks 240. keep up the good work.  :)
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:18:36 PM »
I'm just kneepadding for the anti-google white house. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 09:23:15 PM »
this is just for the idiot's with unsecured networks right?  Still not cool of Google, but I'm not shocked.  I also doubt anyone will give a shit that google attempted to peek into their private wifi network.  Most people today seem to be all for not giving a shit because they don't have anything to hide/private lol...  Don't tell Billy, he'll be faxing a scan of his ball sack to Google :D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 09:29:12 PM »
I'm just kneepadding for the anti-google white house. 

From what I understand when Obama wakes up in the morning, the head of Google asks him how he likes his coffee. If my info is correct, Obama & Mountainview are as thick as thieves.

LOL@ the pic. Where on earth did you get that pic. it's hilarious.
w

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 09:39:53 PM »
If you have an unsecured network you deserve this

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 09:43:46 PM »
If you have an unsecured network you deserve this

It's amazing how many people do.  It seems there's always a few unsecured networks no matter where you go.