Author Topic: Any other guys looking for bodybuilding sponsorship?  (Read 7858 times)

bboy121

• Getbig I
Any other guys looking for bodybuilding sponsorship?
« on: May 17, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »
Interested in seeing if there are any other guys out there who are looking for sponsorship. Let's come up with some of the best ways of getting sponsorship.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Any other guys looking for bodybuilding sponsorship?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 05:53:40 PM »
You gotta pimp yourself out to companies that you feel like you could represent well.  Write up a little bio, include a headshot or a full body competition shot, and start submitting it to companies letting them know what you are looking for.

Are you a bber, pler, strongman?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
You may also want to consider attending some expos for networking purposes.
A few years ago, a guy approached my buddy (no, not that) at the Arnold in regards to modeling some athletic apparel.
My friend wasn’t even there “on business.”
He was just walking around the expo in a tank top.

Also, if there are any talent agencies near you, send them your info along with some pics.
Getting some commercials and/or ads under your belt looks good on a resume, is good for exposure, and can also serve as a method of networking.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 02:39:19 PM »
You may also want to consider attending some expos for networking purposes.
A few years ago, a guy approached my buddy (no, not that) at the Arnold in regards to modeling some athletic apparel.
My friend wasn’t even there “on business.”
He was just walking around the expo in a tank top.

Also, if there are any talent agencies near you, send them your info along with some pics.
Getting some commercials and/or ads under your belt looks good on a resume, is good for exposure, and can also serve as a method of networking.
i have been given several cards and phone #'s from individuals at BB expo's......the only one i ever called was a VPX rep.....i just wanted some free supplements, and i got them!!!!!.......another friend of mine got a pretty good aponsorship from vyotech when they were still around the same way

bench

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 06:19:50 PM »
I am looking for sponsorship however I am a "Masters" guy and will be competing my first time next year so it's tough to find a sponsor.  I believe you have to go at it alone, work your butt off to at leaast make a decent showing at a comp to prove yourself and then maybe a sponsor will follow.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »
Lucky for you this is on the positive board ;D

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 01:14:22 AM »
His one and only post since May ? I think it needs moving to the G & O as he clearly is not that serious  ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 05:36:12 AM »
I am looking for sponsorship however I am a "Masters" guy and will be competing my first time next year so it's tough to find a sponsor.  I believe you have to go at it alone, work your butt off to at leaast make a decent showing at a comp to prove yourself and then maybe a sponsor will follow.
The sad reality is that having a famous persona is the main deal in selling stuff.
Look at that goofball Mike "the situation" who sells protein-vodka shots and thermogenics.
He has wierd looking abs and his physique couldn't win Mr Podunk.
But he is a pop culture , reality TV celeb, so they put him on the cover of Men's Fitness.

Sadly, more sheep in socity would buy a prodcut with his name then Ronnie or Jay. Pretty pathetic.

My idea: Make your $$ from a stable career outside of bodybuilding or fitness, then compete on YOUR terms when you want.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 07:09:31 AM »
^^ Agree.

I’m not certain if the OP is necessarily looking to make a living off of sponsorship (hopefully not), but it’s often not hard at all to get a minor sponsorship just for a show or two.
I know several guys who’ve been sponsored by local gyms and/or supplement companies.
In many cases, supp co.’s will give you some t-shirts to wear and give to your friends, along with some free supplements.

Private gyms may pick up your entrance fees, etc.

You could go around and ask a few places if they’d be interested.
However, in most of the cases I’ve seen, guys have made such contacts by chance encounter.

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 07:50:59 AM »
^^ Agree.

I’m not certain if the OP is necessarily looking to make a living off of sponsorship (hopefully not), but it’s often not hard at all to get a minor sponsorship just for a show or two.
I know several guys who’ve been sponsored by local gyms and/or supplement companies.
In many cases, supp co.’s will give you some t-shirts to wear and give to your friends, along with some free supplements.

Private gyms may pick up your entrance fees, etc.

You could go around and ask a few places if they’d be interested.
However, in most of the cases I’ve seen, guys have made such contacts by chance encounter.

No - not live off of it- I would think just help with expenses-- I think support to help cover supplement costs an then as you are saying maybe the gym could pick up the entrance fees.  In my case I am a strong proponent of my gym and represent it well to others- I would think this would be worth it to the owner- at least for $100 to $200 entrance fees.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »
Uk sponsorships are pretty easy to come by as most supp companies are bank rolled by gear - so another sponsored athlete is another distributor.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 07:06:24 PM »
Uk sponsorships are pretty easy to come by as most supp companies are bank rolled by gear - so another sponsored athlete is another distributor.
Are you sponsored in your endeavours "Evo"?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 07:28:55 AM »
Are you sponsored in your endeavours "Evo"?

Well "Chaos", I am involved with a couple of supplement companies on varying levels, ergo I get freebies and trade price stuff.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 08:00:45 AM »
No - not live off of it- I would think just help with expenses-- I think support to help cover supplement costs an then as you are saying maybe the gym could pick up the entrance fees.  In my case I am a strong proponent of my gym and represent it well to others- I would think this would be worth it to the owner- at least for $100 to $200 entrance fees.

In that case, I believe what you're after is quite realistic & reasonable.
Good luck!

"Montague"

since everybody else is doing it...

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 05:42:40 PM »
Well "Chaos", I am involved with a couple of supplement companies on varying levels, ergo I get freebies and trade price stuff.
Share!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 09:02:28 AM »
LOL! I only use a mass drink and some amino acids, maybe two tubs of each a month maximum - any other stuff I sell on to boys at work or give to my training partner.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 07:51:18 AM »
Interested in seeing if there are any other guys out there who are looking for sponsorship. Let's come up with some of the best ways of getting sponsorship.

I've heard that one possible method is to go to college (possibly even graduate school) and make yourself a highly paid non-expendable asset to whichever company you work for.   
Y