Author Topic: PBW Presents: "REMEMBERING MIKE MENTZER" (Replay Now Available)  (Read 43185 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
mike did some audio tapes awhile ago, does anyone know if they are availible on rapidshare or any other similar sites?  I'd be very itnerested in hearing them.  I have a couple of books about mike and I love reading about his theories and stuff like that.
nasser=piece of shit

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
mike did some audio tapes awhile ago, does anyone know if they are availible on rapidshare or any other similar sites?  I'd be very itnerested in hearing them.  I have a couple of books about mike and I love reading about his theories and stuff like that.

His seminars are on youtube here's the first one.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Was his impact upon the sport greater ON or OFF the bodybuilding stage?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Good question I would say OFF stage.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Most definately OFF

AVBG

I think his impact was far greater off the stage than on it. The legion of followers for his Heavy Duty principals are still in prominent particularly when Yates was in force and to some extent the current DC type of principals.

The sudden retirement of Mentzer left a lot of "what if" scenarios that were left unanswered regards to his competitive potential.

AVBG

I wonder if there is a list of the judges that judged the 1980 Mr Olympia?

AVBG

Danny Padilla confirms that TA stole the diet principals from Mike Mentzer :'(

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
So, did Mike really run around in the streets naked? Did he drink his own urine? This has been stated on Wikipedia.

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
He sounds like he was a wise man, liked by many
I

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
I'll say what everyone else here is thinking.  Mentzer was a better version of Arnold in 1980.

Mike didn't look like that at the 1980 Mr Olympia.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: PBW Presents: "REMEMBERING MIKE MENTZER" (Replay Now Available)
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 01:40:33 PM »
Great show.

Here's a seminair with mike. There is 9 parts to it.

&feature=related

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
I wonder if there is a list of the judges that judged the 1980 Mr Olympia?
Yes,there is...

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 05:43:34 PM »
My Dad had me doing Hi-Intensity training on the old green Nautilus machines when I was 14. That was my first exposure to structured training

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 07:44:56 PM »
My Dad had me doing Hi-Intensity training on the old green Nautilus machines when I was 14. That was my first exposure to structured training

Mine was Arnold's Golden Six. A little modified version, but still.  :P

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 10:59:03 AM »
what REALLY was disingenuous about this interview or retrospective or whatever, is how much his drug addiction was underplayed....it was mentioned that he "fell on hard times" a few times but what really fucked mike mentzer up was the fact that he got addicted to amphetamines.

it was so phony when they kept saying that the reason he fell on hard times for all those years was primarily because of the 1980 olymipa.....it just shows what a loser he is, true champions dont fucking crack up when they experience adversity........the reason he fell out of bodybuilding and society in general was DRUGS.....not the 1980 olympia, not the 81 olympia.....thats just fuckin PC bullshit.

from what i understand he was already strung out at the 1981 olympia.

simply....he lost his career and livelyhood CAUSE of drugs.....he dies cause of drugs........and to not be truthful for whatever reason about is pathetic.

"sugar coating bodybuildign weekly"......can count on you guys to play the PC angle and never tell the hard truth....that is what the show should be called.

for 4 grown men to tell each other with a straight face that the reason he detatched from society, reality, and  his career because he didnt like the outcome of one or two contests shows:

a) what a un-admirable mental-wreck this guy was

b) that you guys have no problem lying to appease the powers to be

shame on ALL of you...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 12:15:56 PM »
what REALLY was disingenuous about this interview or retrospective or whatever, is how much his drug addiction was underplayed....it was mentioned that he "fell on hard times" a few times but what really fucked mike mentzer up was the fact that he got addicted to amphetamines.

it was so phony when they kept saying that the reason he fell on hard times for all those years was primarily because of the 1980 olymipa.....it just shows what a loser he is, true champions dont fucking crack up when they experience adversity........the reason he fell out of bodybuilding and society in general was DRUGS.....not the 1980 olympia, not the 81 olympia.....thats just fuckin PC bullshit.

simply....he lost his career and livelyhood CAUSE of drugs.....he dies cause of drugs........and to not be truthful for whatever reason about is pathetic.

"sugar coating bodybuildign weekly"......can count on you guys to play the PC angle and never tell the hard truth....that is what the show should be called.

for 4 grown men to tell each other with a straight face that the reason he detatched from society, reality, and  his career because he didnt like the outcome of one or two contests shows:

shame on ALL of you...

First of all, no one said the reason he fell apart was the 80 Olympia, while it certainly could be assessed that it may have been the catalyst...nor did we completely gloss over the fact that there were other problems in his life...

There are two ways to go about this interview segment: expounding on his death, and reasons surrounding it, or celebrating his life and his accomplishments, which we chose to do...

THat said, just what did we"lie" about?  Any and all information has been out there in magazines, interviews, expose's, and internet for YEARS, available to anyone with a set of eyes and the interest...

You wantthe "hard truth"..do your own investigative reporting, Geraldo..we'll all be waiting for the big revelation you unearth.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2010, 02:35:02 PM »

shame on ALL of you...

get off your high horse. everybody has their poison at one time or another to deal with what life throws at us. mike was a very honest, genuine guy who was admired by many, I recently spoke to Samir Bannout about him and he said and I quote "His stuff works100 percent. A close friend of mine for 30 years"  Mike has benefited my career as a trainer as I have had phenomenal results with all of my clients following his principles

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
I'll say what everyone else here is thinking.  Mentzer was a better version of Arnold in 1980.
He didnt finish second though..

Celerbrate his life yes , he died way to young for any human being but was way over rated IMO.