Author Topic: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott  (Read 3281 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I love how idiots summon the name of Bush in order to try to justify Obama.

Didn't Obama run on the premise of change? Well, he needs to be different compared to Bush, and Clinton, and Bush Sr and Reagan and all the other presidents that did nothing regarding the border.

It was wrong for Bush to do nothing and to even think about amnesty for all the immigration criminals. It is wrong for Obama to even think about doing the same thing. It seems that Obama, when it comes to his policies, mimics Bush a lot. If Bush was considered a horrible president, what does that make Obama?

Obama is a failure. Huge one at that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
A failure?  He and this admn is a DISASTER. 

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
LADWP To Arizona: ‘Suck It, We Actually Own Your Power Plants’

http://wonkette.com/415530/ladwp-to-arizona-suck-it-we-own-your-power-plants

Los Angeles Department of Water and Power general manager Austin Beutner just delivered a very quick, very brutal public response to some Arizona energy commissioner’s jackass threat to cut the electricity flowing from that racist state to LA. It is terse and kickass, and you must read it, in its entirety.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

General Manager’s Statement Regarding LADWP Power Generation Assets in Arizona

“I want to make clear that we support the City position regarding the recent law enacted in Arizona and the resolution adopted by the Los Angeles City Council.

On any given day, we receive 20 – 25% of our power from two power plants located in Arizona: Navajo, a coal-fired plant, and Palo Verde, a nuclear plant.

We are part owner of both power plants, which are generating assets of the Department. As such, nothing in the City’s resolution is inconsistent with our continuing to receive power from those LADWP-owned assets.

I might add that, as the City’s Job Czar, I certainly would welcome any conventions or meetings that were going to be held in Arizona to come to Los Angeles. We have fantastic facilities and incomparable weather and we’d welcome them to the City of Angels.”

- Austin Beutner, General Manager, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power

"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Los Angeles is not in a position to be threatening anyone with anything. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Why didn't Obama's predecessor secure the border? Valid question.

You're right on this one. For you people that think that agreed and defended Bush on everything, this was one of the issues that really pissed me off about him. The borders should have been secured along time ago.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LMAO so they are part owner huh? are they majority owner? hmmm doubt it,

but I though LA was boycotting Arizona? I guess just in words not in actions?

I doubt it comes down to anything but Id really like arizona to cut their power...

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman

You're right on this one. For you people that think that agreed and defended Bush on everything, this was one of the issues that really pissed me off about him. The borders should have been secured along time ago.

bingo.

"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This was Bushs' biggest failure as a president.  After 9/11, he should have shut the damn border. 

It always struck me that he was playing russian roulette with us in that respect just to appease the NWO crowd and it pissed me off to no end.