Author Topic: Some people can eat whatever they want and don't get fat ...  (Read 30598 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: Some people can eat whatever they want and don't get fat ...
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2010, 01:04:34 AM »
OK, so then let's just agree that if anyone adds sugar to a maintenance diet, he will start to gain weight and not lose weight. Maybe it really was just a misunderstanding in the first place.

I would then like to review your claim that a group of people eating nothing but sugar would starve quicker than a group eating nothing at all ("Actually if you took two groups of people and fed one group nothing and gave the other group all the table sugar they wanted the sugar group would starve first."). Any scientific reference to that claim? Again, I'm just curious.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2010, 01:23:41 AM »
hahaha

I love how adonis/wavelength keeps ypping about "scientific proof via studies"

Jim ...why are you waisting your time with these kids ? from behind the computer everyone is a guru

I should ask for contest prep advice from Jim then Wave ... Jim is one of the best in the bussiness ...but wave is a genius who would get me ripped on icecream and tasty food AND wine  ::)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2010, 01:46:55 AM »
You would get ripped on ice cream, tasty food and red wine IF you take in a sufficient amount of protein and keep your total caloric intake below maintance levels.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2010, 02:19:28 AM »
You would get ripped on ice cream, tasty food and red wine IF you take in a sufficient amount of protein and keep your total caloric intake below maintance levels.
:D

good one

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2010, 02:45:33 AM »
Yes, person A will get better results.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2010, 04:17:57 AM »

Yes. There is no reason why not.

Question about "keeping" muscle while dieting:

Person A eats 2000calories and burns 500 calories running/whatever and

Person B eats 1500calories and does no cardio

Both of them have a BMR of 1800. They both get sufficient protein.

Will one of them get better results?

If they both perform intense anaerobic training, same results.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2010, 04:24:02 AM »
bullshit artists like apenis aka wavelength forget to mention the copious amounts of fatburners used

that's the dirty little detail

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2010, 04:29:21 AM »
Hey wave, I'm curious if you've ever tried the Tabata method? And I mean the true Tabata method on a stationary bike, all out, balls to the wall, and not this 20 seconds of push-ups nonsense. Yeah, this 20 seconds of push-ups has some benefits, but it don't compare to true Tabata.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2010, 04:34:40 AM »
Hey wave, I'm curious if you've ever tried the Tabata method? And I mean the true Tabata method on a stationary bike, all out, balls to the wall, and not this 20 seconds of push-ups nonsense. Yeah, this 20 seconds of push-ups has some benefits, but it don't compare to true Tabata.

I have tried tabata a few times until I almost puked. If I would do cardio, I would definitely do tabata simply because it doesn't take as long. I doubt a positive effect on body composition though, as long as rate of weight loss is the same.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2010, 04:43:02 AM »
I gotta give you some props man, coz true Tabata takes courage and guts, I'm just too much of a pvssy to do dat sh!t. I think that moderate interval training is a more rational way to go, 2-min on/2-min off

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2010, 10:10:14 AM »
hahaha

I love how adonis/wavelength keeps ypping about "scientific proof via studies"

Jim ...why are you waisting your time with these kids ? from behind the computer everyone is a guru

I should ask for contest prep advice from Jim then Wave ... Jim is one of the best in the bussiness ...but wave is a genius who would get me ripped on icecream and tasty food AND wine  ::)

Yes, but unfortunately these two idiots have got some on here snowballed into believing one can bodybuild by eating ice cream and other shit food. It is no coincidence that both these guys are very lightly muscled. Neither of them are able to build any appreciable amount of muscle eating the way they do. Anyone as I'm sure you know can lose fat by cutting calories, but it's another thing to be able to build and preserve muscel while dieting which is something  that neither of them by the looks of them know how to do.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2010, 01:57:36 PM »
Name ten of them. And since they're champions, people here should be able to recognize their names.

hahahahaha

175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »
Hey, you just need to shut your pie hole and go back to "cleaning up"  ::) your vocabulary starting with the phrase inter fat.  ;D You gotta be one of the dumbest guys on here.

'INTER FAT' come on jim, you can do better than that.

you are being tore a new asshole here, and looking more and more ridiculous by every post.
175lbs by 31st July

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2010, 02:01:17 PM »
hahahahaha

This mofo just ate a twink.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2010, 02:06:49 PM »
jim is it only sugar you do not like or all carbs ?

i believe you advocate high fat, moderate protein - a.k.a. the atkins diet.

do you ignore the metabolic studies that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt a calorie is a calorie?
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2010, 02:44:18 PM »
jim is it only sugar you do not like or all carbs ?

i believe you advocate high fat, moderate protein - a.k.a. the atkins diet.

do you ignore the metabolic studies that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt a calorie is a calorie?

blah blah blah. Tell you what, if you or anyone else on here thinks they can rip me a new ass then why not do it on radio? If Derek is interested I'll debate you, skinny dude or both at the same time. What do say Fatpad?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2010, 03:09:23 PM »
Yes, but unfortunately these two idiots have got some on here snowballed into believing one can bodybuild by eating ice cream and other shit food. It is no coincidence that both these guys are very lightly muscled. Neither of them are able to build any appreciable amount of muscle eating the way they do. Anyone as I'm sure you know can lose fat by cutting calories, but it's another thing to be able to build and preserve muscel while dieting which is something  that neither of them by the looks of them know how to do.

How do you know what kind of mass I was able to build in the past (as a lifetime natural) ?
Let's just put aside these "arguments" ad hominem and ask a real nutritionist:

'Alan Aragon has over 15 years of success in the fitness field. He earned his Bachelor and Master of Science in Nutrition with top honors. Alan is a continuing education provider for the Commission on Dietetic Registration, National Academy of Sports Medicine, American Council on Exercise, and National Strength & Conditioning Association. Alan recently lectured to clinicians at the FDA and the annual conference of the Los Angeles Dietetic Association. He maintains a private practice designing programs for recreational, Olympic, and professional athletes, including the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Kings, and Anaheim Mighty Ducks. Alan is a contributing editor to Men's Health magazine, where he has a monthly column called "Ask The Weight Loss Coach".'

Quote from: alan aragon
Do people really give you sh!t about your results because they weren't achieved with clean foods? That's funny, especially considering that people don't realize that "clean" is a subjective term. One thing to remember is that most people simply do not have a fundamental understanding of human physiology. Did you eat at a caloric deficit? Yes.  Did your protein intake and training regimen support LBM retention or at least minimize LBM loss? Yes...... I honestly don't see what's so fcking difficult for naysayers to understand about that.
At my absolute leanest, I ate a pint of hagen daaz every single night right before bed. I also did not have a car at the time, so I biked to school & work. I was running a caloric defricit, so I got lean. The people who give you sh!t are the same brotards who will spend $$$$ on completely useless supps, so we can laugh at them together.

And here's a little graphic he designed:

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2010, 03:17:32 PM »
Copy paste blah blah, read my above post to Fatpad. I'll gladly debate you on radio. You up for it?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2010, 03:23:52 PM »
Copy paste blah blah, read my above post to Fatpad. I'll gladly debate you on radio. You up for it?

If your method of argument is calling other people idiots because they disagree, no.
Not that I'm offended but it sounds like a waste of time.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2010, 03:27:21 PM »
If your method of argument is calling other people idiots because they disagree, no.
Not that I'm offended but it sounds like a waste of time.

Hahahhaa I knew it. You are all copy and paste. I give you my word no name calling, but I still don't think you are up to it. Just like your buddy Adam you back down when a real challenge comes your way.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2010, 03:31:21 PM »
Hahahhaa I knew it. You are all copy and paste. I give you my word no name calling, but I still don't think you are up to it. Just like your buddy Adam you back down when a real challenge comes your way.

ok you win

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »
ok you win

It's not about winning it's about credibility. You didn't think it a waste of time these last 8 pages when you thought you could prove me wrong. You have such a great opportunity here to disprove my theories????

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2010, 03:51:16 PM »
It's not about winning it's about credibility. You didn't think it a waste of time these last 8 pages when you thought you could prove me wrong. You have such a great opportunity here to disprove my theories????

LOL, what do I care about credibility in the bodybuilding community, I'm just a skinny geek with too much time on my hands.
I wasn't out for disproving your theories, I was just asking for scientific evidence. If you can't provide any, fine. You could still be right of course.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2010, 04:09:57 PM »
Not really good examples as to why sugar does not rob the body of nutrients. Table sugar contains zero nutrients. Pure water has plenty of trace minerals and veggies have a lot of nutrition and of course no one food covers all nutritional needs. Bottom line is sugar takes away and gives nothing of value in return.

Secondly, I am not sure where you are coming up with the 2-5% digestion versus energy supplied by sugar, but assuming that you are correct for sake of argument, table sugar is not a good source of energy regardless. It spikes one's insulin too high and then as I'm assuming you already know then comes the sugar crash. Sustained energy is better provided to the body by proper nutrition as opposed to using table sugar.
  healthy individuals rarely experience blood sugar "crash", even after the ingestion of large amounts of sugar(s).

did you know about this jim:

Acheson KJ, Schutz Y, Bessards T, Anantharaman K, Flatt JP, Jeguier E. Glycogen synthesis versus lipogenesis after a 500g carbohydrate meal in man. Metabolism 1982;31:1234–40.[Medline]

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2010, 04:16:25 PM »
blah blah blah. Tell you what, if you or anyone else on here thinks they can rip me a new ass then why not do it on radio? If Derek is interested I'll debate you, skinny dude or both at the same time. What do say Fatpad?

you cannot be serious  ???

the only thing you have done in these 9 pages is reveal how little you know about the science of nutrition, and made yourself look more and more ridiculous with every post.

not only that but you have not said one thing about your theories, not a description, comment, and valid argument.

i have asked various times, yet you have avoided my direct questions at every opportunity.

are you Vince Basil in disguise ?
175lbs by 31st July