Author Topic: Over the Limit?!  (Read 1764 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Over the Limit?!
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:27:01 AM »
Is it just me, or was last nights PPV a complete cluster fuk?  From CM Punk splitting his head open, which stopped the match completely for 5 minutes, to Orton injuring himself by punching the mat, leading to a double count out, it was ridiculous.  I bet Vince was backstage screaming.  On top of that, Cena got the smallest cut in the world and had to get it seen to, and a cameraman fell over in the aisle during the McIntyre/Kofi match.

Ten years ago, Punk would've wiped the blood on Rey and got on with it and Orton would have had to finish the match regardless.  Stone Cold won the belt with a broken neck, but Randy can't go on because he hurt his shoulder?

Sorry for the rant, but PG's pissing me off.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Over the Limit?!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:45:49 AM »
Is it just me, or was last nights PPV a complete cluster fuk?  From CM Punk splitting his head open, which stopped the match completely for 5 minutes, to Orton injuring himself by punching the mat, leading to a double count out, it was ridiculous.  I bet Vince was backstage screaming.  On top of that, Cena got the smallest cut in the world and had to get it seen to, and a cameraman fell over in the aisle during the McIntyre/Kofi match.

Ten years ago, Punk would've wiped the blood on Rey and got on with it and Orton would have had to finish the match regardless.  Stone Cold won the belt with a broken neck, but Randy can't go on because he hurt his shoulder?

Sorry for the rant, but PG's pissing me off.
That's exactly correct. PG and the stale product that is being stuffed down our throat is ridiculous. The only good that has come out of this is that Bret Hart is a full time GM.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »
That's exactly correct. PG and the stale product that is being stuffed down our throat is ridiculous. The only good that has come out of this is that Bret Hart is a full time GM.

I'm hoping he does well, but he seems to struggle to get any personality across with his mic work.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »
I'm hoping he does well, but he seems to struggle to get any personality across with his mic work.
I think the stroke has alot to do with that, his speaking and facial movement isn't very good.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »
Well…
Keep in mind that Bret never was “great” on the mic.
His promos were usually long and not exactly entertaining.
He did get some excellent heat when he did the anti-U.S. angle leading up to the Montreal job.

Bret originally started wearing sunglasses during live promos in WWF to help combat his nervousness.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 05:30:22 PM »
That's it, he never looks comfortable on the mic.  I'm not expecting a Rock/Austin/Jericho level of mic confidence, but he needs to really improve this area somehow.