Author Topic: Sylvia says Pudzianowski "Not Strong At All."  (Read 8459 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Sylvia says Pudzianowski "Not Strong At All."
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 06:05:14 AM »
tyson... nobody could win over tyson at his prime, NOOOOo body  >:(

Except, James "Buster" Douglas!!!  ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 06:09:09 AM »
Except, James "Buster" Douglas!!!  ;D

yeah after mike tyson drank and didn't train properly, was miserable etc, sure why not. Mike tyson was having fun prior to the fight because noone took buster seriously.

:D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 06:09:11 AM »
Dumb statement from a dumb guy.....obvioulsy Pudz is strong as a bull.....he was destroyed because MMA is more about balance, center of gravity and experience fighting top level guys.....none of which he has.  But to say he isn't strong is just plain ruh-tarded.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 06:13:38 AM »
yeah after mike tyson drank and didn't train properly, was miserable etc, sure why not.

That's Tyson's problem, not that of Douglas.

The fact remains that Douglas floored him and pulled off arguably the BIGGEST upset in sports history.

If you underestimate your opponent, more often than not, you get beat.

It's no different than in football. One team is (on paper, at least) better than the other. But, the better team commits multiple turnovers and gets the pants beat off them (i.e. 2008 NFC Divisional playoffs, Arizona vs. Carolina).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2010, 06:18:28 AM »
Dumb statement from a dumb guy.....obvioulsy Pudz is strong as a bull.....he was destroyed because MMA is more about balance, center of gravity and experience fighting top level guys.....none of which he has.  But to say he isn't strong is just plain ruh-tarded.

I wouldn't necessarily call that "dumb". It reminds me of a wrestling promo by the Road Warriors, aimed at Sting and Lex Luger. The Warriors claimed that Luger and Sting had pretty boy beach muscles; whereas they had fighting muscles.

I believe Silva's comments were along the same lines. Pudzanowski has strong POWERLIFTING/WSM-Competition muscles. But, he's not "strong" as far as MMA-fighting is concerned.

Or to borrow from Bruce Lee, "Atlas stones don't hit back!!"

;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 06:22:35 AM »
I wouldn't necessarily call that "dumb". It reminds me of a wrestling promo by the Road Warriors, aimed at Sting and Lex Luger. The Warriors claimed that Luger and Sting had pretty boy beach muscles; whereas they had fighting muscles.

I believe Silva's comments were along the same lines. Pudzanowski has strong POWERLIFTING/WSM-Competition muscles. But, he's not "strong" as far as MMA-fighting is concerned.

Or to borrow from Bruce Lee, "Atlas stones don't hit back!!"

;D

Love the Warriors reference, bro.  ;D  but I still think it's just a dumb statement to make....when asked if he's strong response should have been "of course, but its a different kinda strength in MMA."  Not "he's not strong at all." 

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010, 06:29:10 AM »
That's Tyson's problem, not that of Douglas.

The fact remains that Douglas floored him and pulled off arguably the BIGGEST upset in sports history.

If you underestimate your opponent, more often than not, you get beat.

It's no different than in football. One team is (on paper, at least) better than the other. But, the better team commits multiple turnovers and gets the pants beat off them (i.e. 2008 NFC Divisional playoffs, Arizona vs. Carolina).

Douglas lost immidiately after tysons, and he retired right away... and he ballooned to 400 pounds of fat and money broke...

he didn't win the freaight train tyson, he beat a partyer and a sleeper... and that's it... he didn't out perform mike tysons best show.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 06:32:53 AM »
Love the Warriors reference, bro.  ;D  but I still think it's just a dumb statement to make....when asked if he's strong response should have been "of course, but its a different kinda strength in MMA."  Not "he's not strong at all." 

But, that's not all he said. The rest of his statement qualifies and further explains what Silva meant. As he stated, Silva (and other MMA guys) obviously can't out bench or throw kegs or pull cars the way Pudzanowski can.

But, Pudzanowski ain't fighting a car or an atlas stone. He's fighting a human being. And, his punches lacked the necessary strength and/or explosiveness to subdue a guy like Silva.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 06:34:16 AM »
 In my life i've seen hundreds of real life fights. And in lots of the fights one of the guys looked like a bodybuilder with big muscles. And the muses don't seem to help them really. Usually the fit guy will beat up the beefy guy it seems.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 06:34:52 AM »
But, that's not all he said. The rest of his statement qualifies and further explains what Silva meant. As he stated, Silva (and other MMA guys) obviously can't out bench or throw kegs or pull cars the way Pudzanowski can.

But, Pudzanowski ain't fighting a car or an atlas stone. He's fighting a human being. And, his punches lacked the necessary strength and/or explosiveness to subdue a guy like Silva.

I saw that, but he should have qualified that in his first response...."Yes, he's strong, but not MMA strong...." or something.  Not "he's not strong at all."  Regardless of what you follow up with, that just sounds dumb in describing Pudz.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 06:38:05 AM »
2 low level fighters getting into a hugging match, wooo great to watch  ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 06:38:26 AM »

Douglas lost immidiately after tysons, and he retired right away... and he ballooned to 400 pounds of fat and money broke...

And that has what to do with the price of tea in China? It doesn't matter what happened to Douglas afterwards. He will go down in history as the man who handed Tyson's his first loss, BY KNOCKING HIM OUT!!!

Incidentally, the guy who beat Douglas....ALSO KNOCKED TYSON COO-COO and beat him (Evander Holyfield), another major upset as few gave Holyfield a chance against "Iron Mike".

he didn't win the freaight train tyson, he beat a partyer and a sleeper... and that's it... he didn't out perform mike tysons best show.

He beat Mike Tyson, PERIOD, during his heyday. No amount of revisionist history changes that. Tyson's alleged partying and sleeping is not Douglas' concern. As champion, you're supposed to be prepared EVERY TIME you put that belt on the line.

So, cease with the excuses for Tyson's being KO'ed.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 06:52:39 AM »
He beat Mike Tyson, PERIOD, during his heyday. No amount of revisionist history changes that. Tyson's alleged partying and sleeping is not Douglas' concern. As champion, you're supposed to be prepared EVERY TIME you put that belt on the line.

So, cease with the excuses for Tyson's being KO'ed.

he beat mike tyson but you're trying to hide the fact that mike tyson was a MESS in that fight... he wasn't at his best performance even close... that's a fact, yeah he beat mike tyson but at what cause. My pride would shiver if I knew that I didn't win the champion at his best... that everyone else got a chanse against mike tyson when he was at their best, but not douglas, he got a meth head by that time.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 07:05:14 AM »
he beat mike tyson but you're trying to hide the fact that mike tyson was a MESS in that fight... he wasn't at his best performance even close... that's a fact, yeah he beat mike tyson but at what cause. My pride would shiver if I knew that I didn't win the champion at his best... that everyone else got a chanse against mike tyson when he was at their best, but not douglas, he got a meth head by that time.

Then, you have a warped and senseless version of pride.

If I'm in competition, it's my job to be at my best (or close to it). I feel plenty of pride, when I do that. If my opponent is not prepared, that's his problem, not mine.

Am I supposed to apologize for winning or "shiver", because my opponent screwed around or whatever and didn't come ready to play? PLEASE!!!!

Part of being a champion is to NEVER underestimate your competition. If Tyson did and got knocked silly, the fault is HIS, not that of Douglas or anybody else.

Bottom line: James 'Buster' Douglas DROPPED Mike Tyson and took his belt.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 07:09:21 AM »
Then, you have a warped and senseless version of pride.

If I'm in competition, it's my job to be at my best (or close to it). I feel plenty of pride, when I do that. If my opponent is not prepared, that's his problem, not mine.

Am I supposed to apologize for winning or "shiver", because my opponent screwed around or whatever and didn't come ready to play? PLEASE!!!!

Part of being a champion is to NEVER underestimate your competition. If Tyson did and got knocked silly, the fault is HIS, not that of Douglas or anybody else.

Bottom line: James 'Buster' Douglas DROPPED Mike Tyson and took his belt.

No, my pride is the real thing, winning or losing without excuses, douglas will allways have the excuse, allways. He shouldn't feel sory for tyson ofcourse not but for himself, now he will NEVER know wether or not he would have lost or wone 2 years earlyer. not, even 6 months earlyer rofl.

winning someone on a handicap mode takes the honor away from victory.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 07:13:40 AM »
yeah after mike tyson drank and didn't train properly, was miserable etc, sure why not. Mike tyson was having fun prior to the fight because noone took buster seriously.

Yea, I am sure in every record book they will put something like; "doesn't count cause Mike was not himself".  Come on this is a stupid remark.  Most people can say they lost their title because they weren't 100% or they weren't ready.  That is part of being a champion.  What matters is how did Mike handle the loss and did he come back to win back the title after losing it and prove he is the best. 
No Worries 4 me

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 07:17:10 AM »
Yea, I am sure in every record book they will put something like; "doesn't count cause Mike was not himself".  Come on this is a stupid remark.  Most people can say they lost their title because they weren't 100% or they weren't ready.  That is part of being a champion.  What matters is how did Mike handle the loss and did he come back to win back the title after losing it and prove he is the best.  

yeah I guess, but I think winning the biggest title in the world for a shortcoming is not too honorable... people didn't even "feel" douglas, they didn't see him as the champion, they knew what's up

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 07:23:08 AM »

No, my pride is the real thing, winning or losing without excuses, douglas will allways have the excuse, allways. He shouldn't feel sory for tyson ofcourse not but for himself, now he will NEVER know wether or not he would have lost or wone 2 years earlyer. not, even 6 months earlyer rofl.

winning someone on a handicap mode takes the honor away from victory.

Douglas won the real thing. He prepared (at least for his fight with Tyson); he was ready; he did what he needed to do. That's plenty of reason for pride.

Any "handicap" on Tyson was SELF-IMPOSED. It ain't Douglas' job to prepare TYSON on how to beat him. That's just plain silly.

Nobody put any asterisk behind Douglas' win, except you. Douglas prepared; Tyson didn't; Tyson got beat down and knocked out, end of story.

I'll go back to my Arizona Cardinals vs. Carolina Panthers example. All we heard from some sport "experts" was that the Cardinals didn't deserve to be in the 2008 NFC title game. That's preposterous!! They beat Carolina (the better team, on paper), in the Panthers' home field. And, they beat Carolina like they stole something.

Jake Delhomme was throwing balls RIGHT TO CARDINAL DEFENDERS. Are they NOT supposed to pick them off and try and take them to the house? Are they supposed to intentionally drop gift-wrapped interceptions to give Delhomme another chance, simply because he was "not at his best" that day? GET REAL!!!

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2010, 07:25:01 AM »

Douglas won the real thing. He prepared (at least for his fight with Tyson); he was ready; he did what he needed to do. That's plenty of reason for pride.

Any "handicap" on Tyson was SELF-IMPOSED. It ain't Douglas' job to prepare TYSON on how to beat him. That's just plain silly.

Nobody put any asterisk behind Douglas' win, except you. Douglas prepared; Tyson didn't; Tyson got beat down and knocked out, end of story.

I'll go back to my Arizona Cardinals vs. Carolina Panthers example. All we heard from some sport "experts" was that the Cardinals didn't deserve to be in the 2008 NFC title game. That's preposterous!! They beat Carolina (the better team, on paper), in the Panthers' home field. And, they beat Carolina like they stole something.

Jake Delhomme was throwing balls RIGHT TO CARDINAL DEFENDERS. Are they NOT supposed to pick them off and try and take them to the house? Are they supposed to intentionally drop gift-wrapped interceptions to give Delhomme another chance, simply because he was "not at his best" that day? GET REAL!!!

I told in my response to noworries that I agree but I still feel that winning the best title in the world because the greatest fighter was sleeping is not very honorable, and that's  how I see it

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2010, 07:28:33 AM »
yeah I guess, but I think winning the biggest title in the world for a shortcoming is not too honorable... people didn't even "feel" douglas, they didn't see him as the champion, they knew what's up

GIVE ME A BREAK!!

Do you really think boxers, in the midst of a CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH, care about the marital problems of their opponents or whether they were smoking crack or had too much to drink the other night?

Douglas was the champion. Whether some people didn't see him as such makes no difference. They're basically Tyson apologists, making tons of excuses as to why their guy got his blocked knocked off.

That's almost as comical as some of those whiners of the "Raider Nation", crying about their humiliation in Super Bowl 37, by the Tampa Bay Bucs.

"WAAAH!!! They had our coach!! WAAAH!! They knew all our plays!!! WAAAAH!!! One of our linemen went AWOL!!!"

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2010, 07:35:04 AM »
GIVE ME A BREAK!!

Do you really think boxers, in the midst of a CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH, care about the marital problems of their opponents or whether they were smoking crack or had too much to drink the other night?

Douglas was the champion. Whether some people didn't see him as such makes no difference. They're basically Tyson apologists, making tons of excuses as to why their guy got his blocked knocked off.

That's almost as comical as some of those whiners of the "Raider Nation", crying about their humiliation in Super Bowl 37, by the Tampa Bay Bucs.

"WAAAH!!! They had our coach!! WAAAH!! They knew all our plays!!! WAAAAH!!! One of our linemen went AWOL!!!"

like i said

I told in my response to noworries that I agree but I still feel that winning the best title in the world because the greatest fighter was sleeping is not very honorable, and that's  how I see it

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2010, 07:39:16 AM »
like i said

So, you're going not only prepare yourself for competiton, you're going hit the training camp/gym of your opponents, make sure he's hitting the bags and the weights properly, walk him to his room to ensure he makes curfew to get his proper amount of ZZZZZZs, detail his nutrition to the "T", all so you can feel good about beating him "at his best".

::)

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2010, 07:41:22 AM »

I am pretty sure the majority of champions are happy they won no matter what.  It is up to their opponent to come in top shape and ready to battle.  When a guy wins a golf tournament that Tiger Woods is playing in and finds out Tiger had a cold or bad knee do you think he goes home with the win saying he doesn't feel like he really won.  A champion takes advantage of their opponents weakness.  Buster was awesome that night.  Everyone that has said anything about the fight said he looked the best he ever had.  After that fight he was nothing.  But, he can say he was once champion of the world and I think (and know) that is something not to many can say.  Also, Tyson beat Berbick when Berbick had the flu and felt horrible and even threw-up just before the fight.  That surely doesn't take away from mike beating the shit out of him.
No Worries 4 me

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 07:54:10 AM »
I am pretty sure the majority of champions are happy they won no matter what.  It is up to their opponent to come in top shape and ready to battle.  When a guy wins a golf tournament that Tiger Woods is playing in and finds out Tiger had a cold or bad knee do you think he goes home with the win saying he doesn't feel like he really won.  A champion takes advantage of their opponents weakness.  Buster was awesome that night.  Everyone that has said anything about the fight said he looked the best he ever had.  After that fight he was nothing.  But, he can say he was once champion of the world and I think (and know) that is something not to many can say.  Also, Tyson beat Berbick when Berbick had the flu and felt horrible and even threw-up just before the fight.  That surely doesn't take away from mike beating the shit out of him.

My sentiments exactly!! When you compete against someone, in anything, do you pull out the stops to make absolutely sure that your opponent is primed and ready to beat your behind?

spinnis

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 08:05:54 AM »
Tim Sylvia, speaking Monday on the Sherdog Radio Network’s Savage Dog Show on whether Mariusz Pudzianowski was strong:

Not at all. I’ve faced guys in the gym that were stronger than him. I’m not saying any of the guys I faced can out-bench-press him or pull a car faster than he can or throw keg barrels around like he can, because none of us can, but that’s not what we train for. We train to go against other human beings that are punching you, kicking you, kneeing you or trying to out-position you with their hips. I knew the strength was not going to come into play just because I knew it was MMA. It’s totally different when someone’s trying to grab you and you’re punching them in the face and kneeing them in the body.

Ive been saying this a MILLION times.... Ever strong wrestker is ALOT stronger then pudja ...in the ring.