Author Topic: Sylvia says Pudzianowski "Not Strong At All."  (Read 8458 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Sylvia says Pudzianowski "Not Strong At All."
« on: May 25, 2010, 01:38:45 PM »
Tim Sylvia, speaking Monday on the Sherdog Radio Network’s Savage Dog Show on whether Mariusz Pudzianowski was strong:

Not at all. I’ve faced guys in the gym that were stronger than him. I’m not saying any of the guys I faced can out-bench-press him or pull a car faster than he can or throw keg barrels around like he can, because none of us can, but that’s not what we train for. We train to go against other human beings that are punching you, kicking you, kneeing you or trying to out-position you with their hips. I knew the strength was not going to come into play just because I knew it was MMA. It’s totally different when someone’s trying to grab you and you’re punching them in the face and kneeing them in the body.
!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Sylvia says Pudzianowski "Not Strong At All."
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 02:01:46 PM »
Marius burned all his energy trying stupidly to pick up the 350lb mass for the first 2 minutes.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »
Tim Sylvia, speaking Monday on the Sherdog Radio Network’s Savage Dog Show on whether Mariusz Pudzianowski was strong:

Not at all. I’ve faced guys in the gym that were stronger than him. I’m not saying any of the guys I faced can out-bench-press him or pull a car faster than he can or throw keg barrels around like he can, because none of us can, but that’s not what we train for. We train to go against other human beings that are punching you, kicking you, kneeing you or trying to out-position you with their hips. I knew the strength was not going to come into play just because I knew it was MMA. It’s totally different when someone’s trying to grab you and you’re punching them in the face and kneeing them in the body.

Interesting , waits for Mindspins post  ;D

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 02:18:56 PM »
Brock Lesnar would fuck this guy up.. grown man who wears his hat backwards LOL

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 02:26:24 PM »
Brock Lesnar would fuck this guy up.. grown man who wears his hat backwards LOL

LOL, no he wouldn't... Couture almost knocked Lesnar out, lol

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »
Tim is right.  The strength you develop from pushing weights in the gym is a lot different from the strength you develop from wrestling/grappling.  That said, Tim won the fight not because he had superior fighting strength or skill.  He won because Pudz ran out of gas in the 1st minute of the fight.  And he ran out of gas because he has too much muscle mass.
w

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 03:31:14 PM »
Tim is right.  The strength you develop from pushing weights in the gym is a lot different from the strength you develop from wrestling/grappling.  That said, Tim won the fight not because he had superior fighting strength or skill.  He won because Pudz ran out of gas in the 1st minute of the fight.  And he ran out of gas because he has too much muscle mass.
Don't tell this to the schmoes of getbig. Everyone knows Yates would KO all of these mma guys.  ::)
!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »
Don't tell this to the schmoes of getbig. Everyone knows Yates would KO all of these mma guys.  ::)

Hahaha, that reminded me of Milos' re-telling the Dorian gets KTFO story in vivid detail and how Dorian 'flew by him like a 747' after being hit so hard the air from the blow moved Milos back! lol

that was a great recount, heh

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »
LOL, no he wouldn't... Couture almost knocked Lesnar out, lol

I'm pretty sure that didn't happen.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 04:23:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure that didn't happen.

Randy dazed Brock with a few shots, so did Mir in their rematch with a knee...Lesnar's chin has not been tested whatsoever, I think this will be his downfall against Carwin

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 04:25:58 PM »
Randy dazed Brock with a few shots, so did Mir in their rematch with a knee...Lesnar's chin has not been tested whatsoever, I think this will be his downfall against Carwin

Great point

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 04:40:42 PM »

there's nothing more to ad dto this. End of line.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 04:55:37 PM »
If you have watched metrx world strongest man. Mariusz was not good at grappling, they had a sumo type set up round, in a circle on the sand. Mariusz got pushed out every time.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 04:55:58 PM »

I'm confused.  You say that Randy and Mir both dazed him.....and then say he hasn't been tested whatsoever.  If he was hit hard enough for you to think he was dazed, and went on to TKO both of them.....wasn't he tested just a little bit at least?
"Randy lit him up!  Mir almost laid him out too!!!  He's never been tested though."
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 05:02:33 PM »
bold part is totally true...

unbolded is totally false  ::) his muscle mass had little to do with it, again there are plenty of fighters that have carried a great deal of muscle who had good stamina...

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 07:00:47 PM »
I'm confused.  You say that Randy and Mir both dazed him.....and then say he hasn't been tested whatsoever.  If he was hit hard enough for you to think he was dazed, and went on to TKO both of them.....wasn't he tested just a little bit at least?
"Randy lit him up!  Mir almost laid him out too!!!  He's never been tested though."

I meant against a really good striker, pure striker.. Couture is a wrestler and Mir is a jits guy..what I meant was that both had him dazed meaning that he looks to have a glass jaw which we'll find out in a month's time.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 08:14:12 PM »
I am assuming that Tim Sylvia would beat GSP.  Mariusz lasted seven minutes against Tim.  So how long would Mariusz last against GSP?  I am assuming that Mariusz would win.  Unless I am wrong and the consensus is that GSP would beat Sylvia?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 08:22:04 PM »
I am assuming that Tim Sylvia would beat GSP.  Mariusz lasted seven minutes against Tim.  So how long would Mariusz last against GSP?  I am assuming that Mariusz would win.  Unless I am wrong and the consensus is that GSP would beat Sylvia?
from what I saw I dont see any reason to think that mariusz would beat GSP lol

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »
from what I saw I dont see any reason to think that mariusz would beat GSP lol

My reasoning is that Tim may not be great for his class, but he is still over 300 pounds and I am assuming that Tim would ultimately beat GSP.  Am I wrong about that?  Anyway, if Tim would beat GSP I would then assume that Mariusz would at the very least, last longer in a fight with GSP than he did with Tim, and have a much easier time taking him down as well.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »
My reasoning is that Tim may not be great for his class, but he is still over 300 pounds and I am assuming that Tim would ultimately beat GSP.  Am I wrong about that?  Anyway, if Tim would beat GSP I would then assume that Mariusz would at the very least, last longer in a fight with GSP than he did with Tim, and have a much easier time taking him down as well.
I think I could agree that sylvia would beat GSP simply do to sheer size, but that doesnt mean pudz would...he would probably last longer with GSP unless he got knocked out or submitted but again I didnt see anything that would lead me to believe pudz would beat GSP...

Dont assume that just b/c one guy can beat up another guy he can then in turn beat up a guy he beat...if that makes sense.  ;D

different ppl match up differently just b/c I can beat you up doesnt mean I could beat up someone you beat up...

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 09:05:43 PM »
Dont assume that just b/c one guy can beat up another guy he can then in turn beat up a guy he beat...if that makes sense.  ;D

Yes it does.  ;D

I'm just sort of responding to the comments that strength means nothing or that strength means little in a fight.  Let's be sure of one thing - Mariusz could kick the ass of 99% of men and a large sum of those specifically trained as well.  The fact that he lasted seven minutes against a highly trained monster really says something to me.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »
Fedor Emelianenko destroying Tim Sylvia in about 30 seconds! Fedor is a beast. It would be cool to see him take on Brock. I don't think Brock will come out on top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6BFzVznbb8

Can you imagine Fedor vs Tyson both at their prime? I know it's apples vs oranges but still who would not want to see that?!

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 09:16:28 PM »
BTW, what happened to the feature where youtube videos can be played right in the thread? Now it is only a link! Is it because of youtube's desire to force advertising on people by making them go to their site?

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 05:23:11 AM »
There seems to be some confusion between strenth and coordination here . Bad balance and poor techneque renders strenth unusable . The POLE is a very powerful but uncoordenated .

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 05:33:41 AM »
Fedor Emelianenko destroying Tim Sylvia in about 30 seconds! Fedor is a beast. It would be cool to see him take on Brock. I don't think Brock will come out on top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6BFzVznbb8

Can you imagine Fedor vs Tyson both at their prime? I know it's apples vs oranges but still who would not want to see that?!

tyson... nobody could win over tyson at his prime, NOOOOo body  >:(