Author Topic: Democrats stop bid to send 6,000 troops to Arizona border  (Read 731 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Democrats stop bid to send 6,000 troops to border
May 27 10:36 AM US/Eastern
www.breitbart.com

________________________ _______________   

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama's Democratic allies in the Senate have repelled a move by presidential rival John McCain to send an additional 6,000 National Guard troops to the U.S-Mexico border.

The Arizona Republican says the security situation along the order has deteriorated so badly that 3,000 guard troops are needed just to help protect his state. But McCain failed to muster the required 60 votes for his plan as the Senate continued debate on an a war funding bill.

Obama on Tuesday promised to send 1,200 Guard troops to the border to support efforts to block drug trafficking and temporarily supplement Border Patrol agents until more agents can be trained.

Former President George W. Bush sent thousands of Guard troops to the border in 2006.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Democrats stop bid to send 6,000 troops to border
May 27 10:36 AM US/Eastern
www.breitbart.com

________________________ _______________   

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama's Democratic allies in the Senate have repelled a move by presidential rival John McCain to send an additional 6,000 National Guard troops to the U.S-Mexico border.

The Arizona Republican says the security situation along the order has deteriorated so badly that 3,000 guard troops are needed just to help protect his state. But McCain failed to muster the required 60 votes for his plan as the Senate continued debate on an a war funding bill.

Obama on Tuesday promised to send 1,200 Guard troops to the border to support efforts to block drug trafficking and temporarily supplement Border Patrol agents until more agents can be trained.

Former President George W. Bush sent thousands of Guard troops to the border in 2006.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
It's not North Korea down there for heavens sake.  Quit acting like we need an overly militarized border.   ::)
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No, we need a "Welcome to Pedro's" sign right? 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Look, I can't have the flow of drugs to my neihborhood interupted by the military. Neither can the assorted heroin addicts, coke fiends and Mexican gay sex traffickers that comprise the Democratic Majority in both houses.

See, the democratic strategy for illegal immigration is simple. Don't enforce the existing federal laws. Oppose any state measures to enforce the existing federal laws. Prevent all increases in border security. Call everyone who favors protecting our borders, or opposses amnesty a racist. Buy off the illegal voting bloc after forcing an amnesty bill through Congress and then use the illegals to remain in office for an extra term.

Rinse, dry, repeat.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Of course they do.....they see all those future voters.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Democrats stop bid to send 6,000 troops to Arizona border
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 10:16:13 AM »
sounds so nice, lets post it thrice!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 10:17:55 AM »
The site hit a snag and posted it three times.  I pm'd beach to remove them.

This site still has all of the same issues as it did before. 

WTF! ! !

We need to set up a monthly fee or something.  this is getting really stupid.   

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »
sounds so nice, lets post it thrice!

Yeah, leave it to you to point out that this topic was posted three times because you don't want to recognize that Obama's 1200 "troops" promise is pure grand standing.  Just like all liberal idiots, the POTUS believes in open borders. He is unwilling, like Bush was, to actually do something about securing the border.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 01:27:43 PM »
I was teasing 33 for posting it 3 times.

of course i suggest the dems pull their heads out of their asses and send troops there.  I'd pull 100,000 from pointless spots overseas (50k in south korea for what, exactly?) and send them to the border.  I've posted that many times.  get the nat'l guard or army to make that border airtight, cut off all the money by fining employers, and pay ppl to snitch on illegals.  Solution.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
It's not North Korea down there for heavens sake.  Quit acting like we need an overly militarized border.   ::)
ever been down to the border? any part of it?

well my friend 1200 ppl isnt going to do shit

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 04:51:50 PM »
Securing our borders would be worth having the draft again.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 04:55:40 PM »
1200  :-\

whats the point?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 05:49:17 PM »
When 52 billion dollars year comes in to the federal government from illegals using bogus SS#'s you won't see anything other than token attention to this crap.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 04:35:57 PM »
However, the states are left to pay for the neglect of the border.  Where the feds can print money, the states can not.