Author Topic: For all those American sports car fans, I give you the Corvette Carbon Edition  (Read 2579 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
The Corvette Carbon Edition is a Z06 with ZR1 wheels, brakes, carbon fiber panels and addenda...
http://www.autoweek.com/assets/corvette/carbon.html

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Parker .. what car would you reccomend I buy ?

It's summer and I'm getting a convertible for the weekends

straight cash

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
sev is a true getbigger. Hell, just buy both the m6 and the Bentley.
No doubt about it...

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate

Well you gotta have a spare if a datehooker throws up on your dashboard.
from incomplete data

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I just got tired of the Veyron ....

I want something different

Parker

• Getbig V
Well sev, if you can afford it buy both...the Bentley for those "going to a big event" days and the M6 for taking a "fast girl" out for some fun...

Although truthfully, most converts are heavier than the coupe versions due to the structural rigidity that is lost from cuttin gthe top off, so engineers have to stiffing the chassis. And it gets heavier with hardtop convertibles---those cars that have a coupe like profile, but their"hard" top folds into the trunk.Example are the Mercedes Benz SL550, SLK, Volvo C70, VW Eos, Lexus IS350, BMW 335i/ M3 hardtop convertible.  Cloth fabric convertibles are easier to rip open or cut cut with a knife, and jealous people sometimes do that to other people's cars. Examples of these are Jaguar XK, Porsche 911 Turbo cabriolet (convertible).

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
I just picked up this classic recently.

I only use it for my weekly sunday drive.

No doubt about it...

Parker

• Getbig V

Bugatti Royale---that car is HUGE!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
the price is almost as intimidating as the car.
No doubt about it...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
All BS aside...this is really my type of summer dream car

these cars were simple, sturdy and beautifull...unlike the nowaday's high end overpriced crap

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum

You buy it off Cruella de Vil?

Parker

• Getbig V
You buy it off Cruella de Vil?
Hahahah, that was one evil B...she should be the posterchild for Animal cruelty..she wanted to KILL 101 Dalmations...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Bugatti Royale---that car is HUGE!
That car is designed for NBA Players only. ;D

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
All BS aside...this is really my type of summer dream car

these cars were simple, sturdy and beautifull...unlike the nowaday's high end overpriced crap

i believe this to be more your taste

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I'm a Corvette fan, have two. Here's my 2001 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo (~700 hp).

Parker

• Getbig V
You know, I'm really feeling the Carbon Limited Edition. I don't know the cost, but for roughly a loaded M3 with Competition Package, you get a Vette with 505 HP, lightened with ZR1 components, that is a deal!!! And Americans know how to make a deal, wish I had the money.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I've heard the Carbon Z may be pushing the $100k mark. For that price you might as well pony up another 20k and get the ZR1.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
You know, I'm really feeling the Carbon Limited Edition. I don't know the cost, but for roughly a loaded M3 with Competition Package, you get a Vette with 505 HP, lightened with ZR1 components, that is a deal!!! And Americans know how to make a deal, wish I had the money.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/raffle/index.shtml

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
I prefer the older corvettes.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
that is a sweet car..

i used to own a 1973 sting ray.. i regret selling it..

this my current corvette... bought it new..

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
Have any of you ever worked on or done regular maintenance with carbon breaks?  We use them on the  pro mod cars that I work on, they are a real bitch,  they get hot and warp, or even worse get to hot, then get brittle, then chip away which usually takes out the caliper and hopefully doesn't lock the wheel up while going 230 mph.  Even when they work good we only get about 15 runs out of a set of pads, and those fuckers are high dollar.
down with hussein

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
Have any of you ever worked on or done regular maintenance with carbon breaks?  We use them on the  pro mod cars that I work on, they are a real bitch,  they get hot and warp, or even worse get to hot, then get brittle, then chip away which usually takes out the caliper and hopefully doesn't lock the wheel up while going 230 mph.  Even when they work good we only get about 15 runs out of a set of pads, and those fuckers are high dollar.
Check with chaos.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Bondurant has a fleet of ZR1's with carbon/ceramic brakes. Several of their cars have ~4000 track miles without the brakes beig touched. Compared to a Z06 that may need rotors and pads after a hard weekend at the track, the carbon/ceramics are holding up very well.

Parker

• Getbig V
Bondurant has a fleet of ZR1's with carbon/ceramic brakes. Several of their cars have ~4000 track miles without the brakes beig touched. Compared to a Z06 that may need rotors and pads after a hard weekend at the track, the carbon/ceramics are holding up very well.
Yeah, carbon/ceramic brakes barely fade. There were problems with them cold, but the use of ceramics I think has kinda cured that.

Speaking of Vettes, I was looking in The Dupont Registry and there was a ad for Calloway Corvettes. He has supercharged versions, and for the money, they are ugly and seem to offer less performance, but more money. I remember back when GM hired them to basically "improve" the Vette. But since then, The Vette has won it's class at Le Mans and has become a world class sports car, a world beater. And I don't think Calloway can improve upon that anymore. Calloway's C7 racecar was the shit, but they never made a road version.

I really wish I could get the Corvette Carbon Edition.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
I was at the Indy last weekend and got to see the ZR1 and the GT2 car up close. I've been more impressed with how GM has pushed for improvements with the Vette, aside from the interior. The ZR1 is impressive if 'unrefined' but with the Carbon (at $90k) this should give them another platform that essentially gets rid of any Callaway involvement. Saleen's even getting more tight with GM these days.

BTW the Corvette reps there said the plans for the C7 aren't even finalized, don't believe the pics out there yet. Yes it'll 'likely' be split window and yes it would have been here sooner except for the  GM bailout but everything else is up in the air...