Author Topic: Celtics vs Lakers  (Read 15949 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Celtics vs Lakers
« on: May 30, 2010, 01:34:03 PM »
So its here who will win? The Lakers cant handle Rondo that is why the Celtics will prevail plus lazy Bynum will hurt them too.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Celtics vs Lakers
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:54:07 PM »
So its here who will win? The Lakers cant handle Rondo that is why the Celtics will prevail plus lazy Bynum will hurt them too.

would love to see the Celtics pull the upset. But I think the Lakers win the series in 5 or 6 games.

The Lakers are younger, have more depth, and have more size in the post. Unless Rasheed Wallace can average 12-15 points off the bench for every game, then the Lakers win easy.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 03:01:07 PM »
would love to see the Celtics pull the upset. But I think the Lakers win the series in 5 or 6 games.

The Lakers are younger, have more depth, and have more size in the post. Unless Rasheed Wallace can average 12-15 points off the bench for every game, then the Lakers win easy.
I tend to agree but dont tell regmac.

body88

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 05:43:37 PM »

Lol. Again, I'd love to bet you on this one.

The Lakers are not going to "win easy".

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 08:10:38 PM »

Lol. Again, I'd love to bet you on this one.

The Lakers are not going to "win easy".

Hate Kobe and dislike KG even though i worked on his mom's house..... :-\ I guess the Celtics.
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 08:21:24 PM »
Hate Kobe and dislike KG even though i worked on his mom's house..... :-\ I guess the Celtics.
I'm going with the 4 leaf clovers.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 08:22:26 PM »
I'm going with the 4 leaf clovers.

The Lakers have always made me Vomit!  >:(
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 08:23:52 PM »
The Lakers have always made me Vomit!  >:(
I just did when you mentioned it  :D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 08:40:42 PM »
lakers.....why? Paul Peirce was the MVP of the 08 finals. Who guarded him...Vlad Rad...He sucks.

Who is guarding him this year, The Ron Artest...

Lakers in 6

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 09:05:33 PM »
You know what's crazy?  Phil Jackson is coaching in the Finals for the 13th time. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 09:07:23 PM »
You know what's crazy?  Phil Jackson is coaching in the Finals for the 13th time. 
13 is an unlucky number.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 10:41:11 PM »
a number is a number.

body88

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 03:00:47 PM »
lakers.....why? Paul Peirce was the MVP of the 08 finals. Who guarded him...Vlad Rad...He sucks.

Who is guarding him this year, The Ron Artest...

Lakers in 6

I don't think so. Pierce has always played well against Artest. Also, the Lakers played poor D at times vs the suns.

Rondo is arguably the best point guard in the NBA and a much improved player since the first time these two teams met. Kobe couldn't guard him off the dribble two years ago, and Ray has been on fire in the playoffs. The Celtics pose several match up issues for the Lakers.

I also love how people are talking about Bynum (who just had his knee drained). If he does not play well, that means Odem and Pau have to bang in the paint with the dirt dogs like Perk and Baby. Which poses problem when Baby is playing, because he can hit 15 foot jumpers and requires attention at all times, which opens up the floor for KG and so on.

I'm not saying the Celtics will win...but, this talk about Laker's winning easy is insane. The Celtics beat Wade and the heat, James and the Cavs and Superman and the Magic. They can beat Kobe and the Lakers.

Ps, Guts, tell me how the Laker's bench is "deeper? than the Celtics.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 04:07:10 PM »
celtics in 7

could go either way, definitely one of the more interesting matchups in a long time

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »
I think it could go either way, but I think the Lakers will win this one.  This Celtics team is not as good as the 08 team IMO.  LA didn't have Bynum or Ariza in 08.  Artest will do a good job on Pierce.  I'm hearing Kobe will guard Rondo (I think it should be Fish).  I don't think Rondo will be any bigger of a problem than all three point guards the Lakers have faced in the playoffs so far. 

Plus Kobe is just on fire.  Doesn't hurt to have the best player in basketball on your team.   :)

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 04:52:37 PM »
celtics in 7

could go either way, definitely one of the more interesting matchups in a long time

E

I'm a huge C's fan but this just ain't happening. There is no good scenario where Boston goes to L.A. for game 7 and wins. It's just so improbably. If you're picking the C's, you're picking them in 6. And you'll get VERY good odds in Vegas for that pick, so place your bet.

My prediction? C's in 6  ;) placing my bet tonight!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 05:14:51 PM »
I'm a huge C's fan but this just ain't happening. There is no good scenario where Boston goes to L.A. for game 7 and wins. It's just so improbably. !

sure that hollywood crowd is so loud and crazy ;)

BTW games 6 and 7 are in LA

E
E

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 05:23:39 PM »
I don't think so. Pierce has always played well against Artest.

hmm really

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 05:25:25 PM »
hmmm im gonna go with the guy holding the other guy to 23% and 8 turnovers

BOOM

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 05:40:42 PM »

body88

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »

I thought that Paul did well against Artest the last time they met in a playoff situation. I guess was wrong. I didn't check any stats on that, so I stand corrected. That said, that match up is not the key to the series, imo. It all comes down to Bynum. he has a bum knee, so if he plays poorly, that is going to Force the Lama or Odem to get in the paint with the dirt dogs like Baby and Perk for extended min. Those guys don't play physical and the need for them to put forth defensive effort at all times on KG, Davis and Perk might wear on them over the course of the series and negate their effectiveness on the offensive side of the ball.

Who's going to take Ray Allen? He's had a hot hand thus far.

As mentioned above, the Celtics have a lot of weapons. Last time these two teams played, Allen was not on fire like he has been this post season and Rondo was not the best pg in the NBA. I don't think the Lakers match up well with the Celtics outside their big three vs Bostons big three.

Boston has a superior bench to LA, imo.

"Utilizing what's primarily been a four-man rotation of Davis, Allen, Rasheed Wallace and Michael Finley, Boston's bench is averaging 23.1 points per game this postseason. The 2008 bench averaged 21.9 points per game in the playoffs." Add in Nate Robinson, Daniels and Toney Allen and you have a more talented bench as a whole.

Not saying the Celtics will win the series...just throwing some points out there for you to chew on.

body88

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »
hmmm im gonna go with the guy holding the other guy to 23% and 8 turnovers

BOOM

can't you just have a convo without acting like a re-tahd. You made a good point, I was mistaken.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 08:41:10 PM »
I thought that Paul did well against Artest the last time they met in a playoff situation. I guess was wrong. I didn't check any stats on that, so I stand corrected. That said, that match up is not the key to the series, imo. It all comes down to Bynum. he has a bum knee, so if he plays poorly, that is going to Force the Lama or Odem to get in the paint with the dirt dogs like Baby and Perk for extended min. Those guys don't play physical and the need for them to put forth defensive effort at all times on KG, Davis and Perk might wear on them over the course of the series and negate their effectiveness on the offensive side of the ball.

Who's going to take Ray Allen? He's had a hot hand thus far.

As mentioned above, the Celtics have a lot of weapons. Last time these two teams played, Allen was not on fire like he has been this post season and Rondo was not the best pg in the NBA. I don't think the Lakers match up well with the Celtics outside their big three vs Bostons big three.

Boston has a superior bench to LA, imo.

"Utilizing what's primarily been a four-man rotation of Davis, Allen, Rasheed Wallace and Michael Finley, Boston's bench is averaging 23.1 points per game this postseason. The 2008 bench averaged 21.9 points per game in the playoffs." Add in Nate Robinson, Daniels and Toney Allen and you have a more talented bench as a whole.

Not saying the Celtics will win the series...just throwing some points out there for you to chew on.

Ray Allen has been pretty inconsistent.  He's averaging 16.8 points in these playoffs.  He has been hot in stretches and is a good clutch shooter, but he's not exactly someone the Lakers have to game plan around like Pierce. 

Bynum is only going to play about 20 minutes a game. 

Who is going to guard Kobe? 

body88

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 09:04:13 PM »
Kobe can get his 30. I hope he tries to do it all again, just like in 08. As long as they don't let him go crazy and they do a good job on the role players, they have a good chance.

Imo, the Celtics can hurt LA more ways than LA can hurt the Celtics. More weapons. More ways to score. A very good defensive team - etc.

It will be a good series no doubt.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »
can't you just have a convo without acting like a re-tahd. You made a good point, I was mistaken.

dont get your panties in a bunch...im just being a fan...dios mio...a bit touchy today arent we