Author Topic: Brewer: driver's licenses are not sufficient to prove citizenship  (Read 4055 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Brewer: driver's licenses are not sufficient to prove citizenship
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2010, 07:06:14 PM »
wait, Tony, I thought you had reason to be against this?  Have you changed your mind?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2010, 07:10:47 PM »
It targets non-whites, whether they are American citizens or not.  You can't enforce this law without racial profiling, and both the Mayor and the Vice Mayor of Phoenix agree.

It will turn Arizona into a police state.  I don't see how you can support this.

Why are you arguing that Brewer said driver's licenses are not sufficient to prove citizenship?  What you posted confirms that what the article claims she said is true.  Why wouldn't she have said it?
it doesnt target minorities, QUIT SAYING THAT SHIT!!!!!!!! show me how this law targets minorities...

Im agree that some states licenses may not be proof an arizona license is proof of citizenship...

Im not in total support of this bill loco I understand that this bill could lead to racial profiling but it is not inherint in the bill like you want to believe...Ive said before that id like to see the bills language tightened up a bit...

but there is a difference you see i understand that you have to be able to identify illegals from legals in the US, you think that there shouldnt be any laws in place in which to do so...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2010, 07:14:53 PM »
wait, Tony, I thought you had reason to be against this?  Have you changed your mind?
I have reason to be suspect of this law just like I do on all laws...

im for the idea of being able to ascertain residency status if its determined that a person may be an illegal...how that is accomplished is the tricky part

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 07:29:36 PM »
I have reason to be suspect of this law just like I do on all laws...

im for the idea of being able to ascertain residency status if its determined that a person may be an illegal...how that is accomplished is the tricky part
it didn't use to be tricky, I'm not sure why the hell it is now.  They've added drama and bs where it didn't need to be.  Most cities around the country could already investigate if or if not someone detained was a citizen.  I remember well Lou Dobbs highlighting the cities that didn't do that and labeling them sanctuary cities.  I might be wrong but I don't even think any cities in AZ were listed as sancturary cities... What we have now with this Arizona law starts shit into a whole different direction.  And yea yea, I've heard the, "we already have" arguments to death.  That doesn't mean much to me.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2010, 07:43:27 PM »
it didn't use to be tricky, I'm not sure why the hell it is now.  They've added drama and bs where it didn't need to be.  Most cities around the country could already investigate if or if not someone detained was a citizen.  I remember well Lou Dobbs highlighting the cities that didn't do that and labeling them sanctuary cities.  I might be wrong but I don't even think any cities in AZ were listed as sancturary cities... What we have now with this Arizona law starts shit into a whole different direction.  And yea yea, I've heard the, "we already have" arguments to death.  That doesn't mean much to me.
its tricky b/c i can see why loco is concerned but again its like that with every law so...

how did arizona take this in a whole different direction if you dont mind elaborating...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2010, 08:01:21 PM »
so wait...

if i'm driving to cali, and I stop in AZ for a cheeseburger and make an illegal turn into the McD... and I only have my FL drivers licence and not my birth certificate... my ass is going to jail?

Dude, really?  Yall are okay with that?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2010, 08:19:58 PM »
so wait...

if i'm driving to cali, and I stop in AZ for a cheeseburger and make an illegal turn into the McD... and I only have my FL drivers licence and not my birth certificate... my ass is going to jail?

Dude, really?  Yall are okay with that?
you forgot the part where you gave them reason to believe that you were not a legal resident of the US  ::) moron...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »
you forgot the part where you gave them reason to believe that you were not a legal resident of the US  ::) moron...

See, I thought you might be right - until I read your own words that said

"It wouldn't matter if you are Latino or Hispanic or Norwegian," she said. "If you didn't have proof of citizenship and the police officer had reasonable suspicion, he would ask and verify your citizenship. I mean, that's the way that it is.

It doesn't matter what my race is.  I'm Irish, german and hungarian.  I'm gettin carded.  They can't be profiling - so they're gonna profile everyone.

And that means everyone they stop is going to have to show not drivers license - but passport or birth certificate.

it's a police state now, when drivers license to drive isn't enough anymore - at this point, it's birth certificate req'd.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2010, 08:50:08 PM »
See, I thought you might be right - until I read your own words that said

It doesn't matter what my race is.  I'm Irish, german and hungarian.  I'm gettin carded.  They can't be profiling - so they're gonna profile everyone.

And that means everyone they stop is going to have to show not drivers license - but passport or birth certificate.

it's a police state now, when drivers license to drive isn't enough anymore - at this point, it's birth certificate req'd.
they still have to have reasonable suspicion brain child...and those were beach's words not mine  ;)

hey get ahold of your state legislatures and start a movement to require them to check residency status before giving a florida license... ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2010, 08:53:48 PM »
The people who should be most concerned about this are illegals.  And those here legally who can't speak English.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »
they still have to have reasonable suspicion brain child...

yeahhhhh

a lot of ppl are having problems defining this.  If the cop doesn't like you, he has reasonable suspicion, anyone over the IQ of 85k knows this.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2010, 05:27:31 AM »
The people who should be most concerned about this are illegals.  And those here legally who can't speak English.  

I disagree Beach.  The law requires all American citizens passing through or living in Arizona to carry passport or birth certificate with them at all times.  How in the world is an American citizen supposed to know when he/she will be suspected to be an illegal by law enforcement officers when stopped for any other reason?  Not the governor, not the Arizona legislature, not even law enforcement agencies and officers can yet agree on how this law will be enforced.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2010, 05:36:35 AM »
you forgot the part where you gave them reason to believe that you were not a legal resident of the US  ::) moron...

That doesn't work now does it.  We've already seen a youtube vid of an American Citizen speaking good english having their asses detained until his wife could drive the distance with his birth certificate. ::)  Also, you should know and I think you do know the answer to your prior question.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2010, 05:45:12 AM »
That doesn't work now does it.  We've already seen a youtube vid of an American Citizen speaking good english having their asses detained until his wife could drive the distance with his birth certificate. ::)  Also, you should know and I think you do know the answer to your prior question.

Link to that video, hugo?

Such a link would really does shit on all the 'theory' part of it.  The proof is in the pudding.  If legal americans with drivers license are being detained against their will, well, the constitution is being used as toilet paper - as conservatives like Jeb, tancredo, Rubio and Krystol said it would.  Sure, your RINOs like palin and mccain are going to support the bill - they supported amnesty also, remember?  ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2010, 05:48:33 AM »
Link to that video, hugo?

Such a link would really does shit on all the 'theory' part of it.  The proof is in the pudding.  If legal americans with drivers license are being detained against their will, well, the constitution is being used as toilet paper - as conservatives like Jeb, tancredo, Rubio and Krystol said it would.  Sure, your RINOs like palin and mccain are going to support the bill - they supported amnesty also, remember?  ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2010, 06:22:38 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2010, 06:29:29 AM »
that's the one... thanks loco.

De nada, Hugo!    :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2010, 06:47:19 AM »
Wow.... proof positive right there...

He had his social sec # and his drivers license... and it wasn't enough for them.  They handcuffed him, threw him in the bus, and drove him to INS.  

This man was deprived of his constitutional rights - PERIOD.  If you're okay with this, you might as well be okay with obama tossing tea party members in camps lol...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2010, 07:39:37 AM »
yeahhhhh

a lot of ppl are having problems defining this.  If the cop doesn't like you, he has reasonable suspicion, anyone over the IQ of 85k knows this.

and what you dont seem to understand is ITS LIKE THAT WITH EVERY LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats your IQ?  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2010, 07:52:45 AM »
That doesn't work now does it.  We've already seen a youtube vid of an American Citizen speaking good english having their asses detained until his wife could drive the distance with his birth certificate. ::)  Also, you should know and I think you do know the answer to your prior question.
Id like to hear your take on the prior queston...

this was before the law was implemented, all we had is there side of the story, anybody get the immigration response from 5:30? yaaaa didnt think so but will all jump to conclusions wont we? ;)

look if it happened the way he said it did and he had a valid arizona license then the cop needs to be reprimanded...this doesnt mean that a law that wasnt even in place at the TIME needs to be scrapped...

you ppl act like no law has ever been abused...you dont repeal the law b/c it gets abused you reprimand the officers who abuse it...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »
tony,

the guy showed his ID and provided his SS#.  He complied with the law.

the law is flawed if you can drive in AZ with any state DL, but you can't prove citizenship in AZ with any state DL.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2010, 08:04:49 AM »
tony,

the guy showed his ID and provided his SS#.  He complied with the law.

the law is flawed if you can drive in AZ with any state DL, but you can't prove citizenship in AZ with any state DL.
THE LAW WASNT EVEN SIGNED AT THAT POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how can a law be flawed NOT ONLY BEFORE ITS BEEN INACTED... BUT BEFORE ITS EVEN BEEN SIGNED?????

I swear not knowing and passing judgement is the hallmark of opposition for this bill

even if that is the case 240 THE LAW obviously states that the person would have been legal, so this isnt a problem with the law its a problem with the officer enforcing the law...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2010, 08:07:24 AM »
not at all some states dont require you to show citizenship to get a drivers license...why would you think that if thats the case that a drivers license from a state that doesnt, proves citizenship? thats assinine

again instead of bitching about this law get ahold of your reps and get them to change the policy in your state...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2010, 08:17:29 AM »
so youre currently allowed to drive in AZ without being a citizen?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2010, 08:20:55 AM »
not at all some states dont require you to show citizenship to get a drivers license...why would you think that if thats the case that a drivers license from a state that doesnt, proves citizenship? thats assinine

again instead of bitching about this law get ahold of your reps and get them to change the policy in your state...

Are Arizona cops going to be required to know which states require legal residence or citizenship for a DL and which states do not?