Author Topic: Obama, Proclaiming LGBT Pride Month, Pushes Repeal of Defense of Marriage Act  (Read 786 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama, Proclaiming LGBT Pride Month, Pushes Repeal of Defense of Marriage Act
CNSNews ^

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 11:06:46 AM by Sub-Driver

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____

Obama, Proclaiming LGBT Pride Month, Pushes Repeal of Defense of Marriage Act Wednesday, June 02, 2010 By Jane McGrath

(CNSNews.com) - Citing his commitment to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), President Obama on Friday issued a proclamation declaring June 2010 “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month.”

The president also emphasized his intention to secure “adoption rights” for same-sex couples and end both employment discrimination against LGBT individuals as well as the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” (DADT) compromise that bars homosexuals from serving openly in the military.

This is the second year that President Obama has declared June LGBT Pride Month, but it is the first time he has used the proclamation to call for repeal of DOMA.

“We see again president Obama trying to walk a tightrope on the marriage issue,” said Peter Sprigg, a senior fellow with Family Research Council. Obama “says we must give committed gay couples the same rights and responsibilities afforded to any married couple and repeal the Defense of Marriage Act, [but] he doesn’t say right out that we should change the definition of marriage,” Sprigg noted.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

________________________ _______________________

Change we can believe in.   ::)  ::)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
This is what was implied if not promised to gay, lesbian and trans-gender voters who voted for him.  A president who will acknowledge and fight for their rights.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This is what was implied if not promised to gay, lesbian and trans-gender voters who voted for him.  A president who will acknowledge and fight for their rights.

How about the MOFO deal with the spill, the wars, gitmo, KSM trial, entitlement reform, and the currency crisis we are headed to? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
all the while ignoring the hypocrisey and sexual harrasement that is committed by gays on a daily basis  ::)

kcballer

• Getbig V
How about the MOFO deal with the spill, the wars, gitmo, KSM trial, entitlement reform, and the currency crisis we are headed to? 

::) That's a democrat during Bush era statement if ever i saw one.  Yes the whole country should shut down and nothing be done except 10 things at a time  ::)
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
all the while ignoring the hypocrisey and sexual harrasement that is committed by gays on a daily basis  ::)

hahahahahaha that's the most ridiculous post i've EVER read.  Thanks for the laugh! hahaha
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
hahahahahaha that's the most ridiculous post i've EVER read.  Thanks for the laugh! hahaha
;D it did what it was meant to do, show your idiocy...youre welcome  ;)

kcballer

• Getbig V
;D it did what it was meant to do, show your idiocy...youre welcome  ;)

hahahaha yes because gay harassment of straights is an epidemic OH MY GOSH someone call the governor we need a state of emergency. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Are the twinks going to ask for pink M16's? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Obama has always engaged in doublespeak on the homosexual marriage issue. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
hahahaha yes because gay harassment of straights is an epidemic OH MY GOSH someone call the governor we need a state of emergency. 
LOL maybe you take being leered at by gays in locker rooms and bath rooms lightly but some dont...but then again youre probably the kind doing the leering arent you?  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
LOL maybe you take being leered at by gays in locker rooms and bath rooms lightly but some dont...but then again youre probably the kind doing the leering arent you?  ;)

KC seems ok to me.  Lurker and Straw though?  Fuggeettaabboouuttiitt!   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Are the twinks going to ask for pink M16's? 
pink hello kitty m16's no doubt... :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Obama, Proclaiming LGBT Pride Month, Pushes Repeal of Defense of Marriage Act
CNSNews ^

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 11:06:46 AM by Sub-Driver

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____

Obama, Proclaiming LGBT Pride Month, Pushes Repeal of Defense of Marriage Act Wednesday, June 02, 2010 By Jane McGrath

(CNSNews.com) - Citing his commitment to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), President Obama on Friday issued a proclamation declaring June 2010 “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month.”

The president also emphasized his intention to secure “adoption rights” for same-sex couples and end both employment discrimination against LGBT individuals as well as the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” (DADT) compromise that bars homosexuals from serving openly in the military.

This is the second year that President Obama has declared June LGBT Pride Month, but it is the first time he has used the proclamation to call for repeal of DOMA.

“We see again president Obama trying to walk a tightrope on the marriage issue,” said Peter Sprigg, a senior fellow with Family Research Council. Obama “says we must give committed gay couples the same rights and responsibilities afforded to any married couple and repeal the Defense of Marriage Act, [but] he doesn’t say right out that we should change the definition of marriage,” Sprigg noted.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

________________________ _______________________

Change we can believe in.   ::)  ::)

More desperation on his part. But, unlike DADT (which still has to play through the Senate), I don't see the House buying this at all. A lot of those Dems live in states that EASILY passed marriage amendments, defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman.

The key portion of DOMA, which makes Obama's job difficult, is the part that declares that states DO NOT have to recognize gay "marriages" from other states. 44 states define marriage as a one-man-one-woman union, 30 of them via state constitutional amendment.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
pink hello kitty m16's no doubt... :D

Just for Straw and Lurker

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

AMEN!!!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Ha,ha ha ha,yes that trans gender voting block.A very powerfull source there.I bet there are literally millions and millions of trans gendered people out there.Good thing Obama has appeased them,because I'm sure losing their support would prove disastrous in Nov.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
KC seems ok to me.  Lurker and Straw though?  Fuggeettaabboouuttiitt!   

I thought that Straw had said he was transgendered, not gay?