Author Topic: AZ Gov: My Dad Died Fighting The Nazis In Germany (Not Quite)  (Read 1501 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It's not exactly Richard Blumenthal or Mark Kirk territory. And yet...

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) told The Arizona Republic in a recent interview that her father "died fighting the Nazi regime in Germany."

Only problem is, that's apparently not quite true.

According to the Arizona Guardian, Brewer's father, Wilford Drinkwine, died of lung disease. In California. In 1955.

During the war, the Guardian reports, Brewer's father was a civilian supervisor for a naval munitions depot in Nevada. Brewer's spokesperson told the newspaper that he inhaled toxic fumes while working there that eventually killed him -- and that the governor wasn't "embellishing the story at all." Drinkwine was on full medical disability when he died, the spokesman said.

;D

MORE at the link ---

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/az-gov-my-dad-died-fighting-the-nazis-in-germany-not-quite.php

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: AZ Gov: My Dad Died Fighting The Nazis In Germany (Not Quite)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) told The Arizona Republic in a recent interview that her father "died fighting the Nazi regime in Germany."

According to the Arizona Guardian, Brewer's father, Wilford Drinkwine, died of lung disease. In California. In 1955.

During the war, the Guardian reports, Brewer's father was a civilian supervisor for a naval munitions depot in Nevada. Brewer's spokesperson told the newspaper that he inhaled toxic fumes while working there that eventually killed him -- and that the governor wasn't "embellishing the story at all." Drinkwine was on full medical disability when he died, the spokesman said.

;D

MORE at the link ---

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/az-gov-my-dad-died-fighting-the-nazis-in-germany-not-quite.php

Id say its borderline.A little different when a kid is talking about her dad,then when your talking about yourself,BUT it is pretty odd,could go either way.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 01:42:39 PM »
Id say its borderline.A little different when a kid is talking about her dad,then when your talking about yourself,BUT it is pretty odd,could go either way.

A real veteran who probably came home mentally damaged and Blackass tried to smear Brewer? 

Go figure. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 01:57:24 PM »
 real veteran who probably came home mentally damaged and Blackass tried to smear Brewer?  

Go figure.  

this coming from a guy who lives in his moms basement :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 02:05:52 PM »
She shouldn't have said that. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 02:08:18 PM »
She shouldn't have said that. 

Yeah whatever, the guy contracts lung cancer as a result of working on a factor for the war effrot against the nazis and you fools jump on her? 

::)  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 03:05:21 PM »
The guy is a hero.  But the phrasing was incorrect IMO.  He died from injuries he sustained in the war. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 05:23:51 PM »

;D

MORE at the link ---

PITIFUL.... There is a saying I heard in a old John Wayne movie (I think) it said something to the effect that when challenged concerning the truth or the tale...always tell the tale as it is more exciting. I guess she thought it would somehow make him seem more patriotic/heroic whatever, if she said he fought the NAZIs...I guess she is not aware of the fact that American and Britain put Hitler (Rothschild) into power and funded him and Germany into being the ultimate fighting machine...Nazis and all
C

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 09:23:12 PM »

;D

MORE at the link ---

Makes you wonder what side the US Navy is on.
Maybe they should have built the munitions depot in Germany, and staffed it with Nazis.
w