Author Topic: Why The Jobs Report Was Even Worse Than It First Looked (Wake up people!)  (Read 3747 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
David Rosenberg Explains Why The Jobs Report Was Even Worse Than It First Looked
www.businessinsider.com

Joe Weisenthal | Jun. 4, 2010, 1:02 PM | 1,919 |  10

________________________ ________________________ _________________

With no need for introduction, here's Gluskin-Sheff's David Rosenberg on why the jobs report was even worse than the headlines suggest:

This is probably the first time on record when a 431,000 surge in U.S. nonfarm payrolls was viewed as a terrible employment report.  Perhaps this is because 411,000 of those jobs, or 95% of the tally, were in Census hirings, which everyone knows are temporary. 

Private payrolls were the real key for the market and the consensus was completely giddy believing that we were going to see a +180,000 print today. Instead, we got a putrid 41,000 increase, which is hardly significant in any statistical sense — for once, the ADP survey looked optimistic.  And of course, state and local governments are moving aggressively to get their fiscal position back into black ink and that means massive cost cutting.  In May, this belt- tightening translated into a 22,000 retrenchment in employment in this part of the economy, which is 50% larger than the federal government.

Not only that, but a big red flag was clearly waved by the Household Survey, where total employment actually fell 35,000 — the first decline of the year and a splash of cold water on the widespread view that this recovery was gaining
steam.  Note too that the 41,000 increase in private payrolls marked a huge slowing from +218,000 in April and +158,000 in March, and the diffusion index sank like a stone, to 54.1% last month from 66.7%, so we have a situation where nearly half of the universe of employers were either cutting their payrolls or leaving them stagnant last month.  This is not the hallmark of a robust V-
shaped expansion deserving of an 80% rally off the lows, which is what we had on our hands little more than a month ago.  Look for consensus GDP growth and earnings revisions to start heading down in coming weeks.   

The unemployment rate did manage to come down to 9.7% from 9.9% but this was a pure statistical anomaly owing to the 322,000 plunge in the labour force.  Absent that decline, the headline jobless rate would have actually climbed back
to 10%.  The broad U-6 unemployment rate also managed to drop, to 16.6% from 17.1%, again owing to a sharp decline in the total pool of available labour last month.  (We have no idea where these 504,000 souls wandered off to —
maybe all the students went to camp instead of looking for a job at the gas station).  We also had some new record highs being set:

i) The average duration of unemployment (34.4 weeks from 33.0 weeks in April);
and,
ii) The share of the unemployed ranks who have been out of work now for at
least a half-year (46.0% from 45.9%).   

Anytime we have both the employment rate (58.7% from 58.8%) and the participation rate (65.0% from 65.2%) declining the same month, you know you have a very soft labour market on your hands.   

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/david-rosenberg-explains-why-the-jobs-report-was-even-worse-than-it-first-looked-2010-6#ixzz0pua1iGyR

________________________ __________

And the geniouses in congress spent a year and a half on health care and cap & trade and immigration! 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
They're desperately fudging the numbers, to technically keep unemployment under 10%. Midterms are 5 months away. Would YOU want to be a Democrat, defending this adminstration and its policies (stimulus, ObamaCare, cap & trade, etc.), staring down the barrel of double-digit unemployment?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
They're desperately fudging the numbers, to technically keep unemployment under 10%. Midterms are 5 months away. Would YOU want to be a Democrat, defending this adminstration and its policies (stimulus, ObamaCare, cap & trade, etc.), staring down the barrel of double-digit unemployment?

These disgusting vermin like Obama, pelosi, reid,  biden,  are INTENTIONALLY DOING THIS! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Peter Schiff on the Jobs Report
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 07:31:13 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Peter Schiff on the Jobs Report
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
Nails it again. 

Obama is a complete disaster and a pofs INTENTIONALLY trying to destroy this nation. 

WAKE THE HELL UP!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 08:08:31 PM »
Nails it again. 

Obama is a complete disaster and a pofs INTENTIONALLY trying to destroy this nation. 

WAKE THE HELL UP!

I know you think Obama is engineering a Communist takeover of this country

do you think he'll try to do it in the last year of his first term or will he try to keep running his scam on the libs and other unsuspecting voters  and gamble on winning the next election and then roll out the Commie stuff in the beginning of his 2nd term?

do you think all of his cabinet is in on the plan or only just a key few people?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »
Laugh all you want fool, look up Cloward Piven and that will tell you everything you need to know about what Obama is pursuing.  Schiff lays out exactly what the effect of what obama is doing will lead to in terms of oil prices later on.  Thats exactly what ZERO wants so he can push his treasonous crap & tax giveway.   

BTW - how is that stim bill working out?  DISASTER.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 09:01:08 PM »
Laugh all you want fool, look up Cloward Piven and that will tell you everything you need to know about what Obama is pursuing.  Schiff lays out exactly what the effect of what obama is doing will lead to in terms of oil prices later on.  Thats exactly what ZERO wants so he can push his treasonous crap & tax giveway.   

BTW - how is that stim bill working out?  DISASTER.

where do you see me laughing?

I asked you a serious question

you just wrote that Obama is INTENTIONALLY trying to destroy this nation and we've all heard your theories

serious question

he needs to start rolling out this plan soon and he must have at least a few confidants and co-conspirators....right ?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Perhaps this is because 411,000 of those jobs, or 95% of the tally, were in Census hirings, which everyone knows are temporary. 

Great - thanks Obama! Your news screwed me out of a lot of money today, with the stock market going down 300 points like that.

Hmm, 400K people now hired to increase the government payroll and increase the national debt! Yeah, lets rush to put it in the numbers for Jobs so we can show a 700K increase.

Except, your projected 300K increase in jobs didnt happen. That little scheme backfired.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 04:10:01 AM »
where do you see me laughing?

I asked you a serious question

you just wrote that Obama is INTENTIONALLY trying to destroy this nation and we've all heard your theories

serious question

he needs to start rolling out this plan soon and he must have at least a few confidants and co-conspirators....right ?

Moron.  He has been following his plan from day 1. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Great - thanks Obama! Your news screwed me out of a lot of money today, with the stock market going down 300 points like that.

Hmm, 400K people now hired to increase the government payroll and increase the national debt! Yeah, lets rush to put it in the numbers for Jobs so we can show a 700K increase.

Except, your projected 300K increase in jobs didnt happen. That little scheme backfired.

Obama screwed you out of money?

I don't rememeber you giving Obama credit when the stock market went up

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 06:25:53 AM »
Moron.  He has been following his plan from day 1. 

That's what i'm aksing you dipshit  - WHAT IS THE PLAN and who else in his Administration is in on it?

When does the Commie takeover officially start.  Does he start rolling it out now or does he wait until his 2nd term?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!

Ron didn't ya get the memo??  Smart , successful people are Obamas # 1 enemy...and he's teaching the welfare guzzlers to hate us...when it should be the other way around
carpe` vaginum!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Ron didn't ya get the memo??  Smart , successful people are Obamas # 1 enemy...and he's teaching the welfare guzzlers to hate us...when it should be the other way around

Um, Ron voted for McLame if I remember correctly, just how smart does that make him?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
These disgusting vermin like Obama, pelosi, reid,  biden,  are INTENTIONALLY DOING THIS! 

They can't hide everything, 3.
People are finally catching on!

I’m believing more and more that even liberal-ass PA won’t be a blue state for much longer.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

They can't hide everything, 3.
People are finally catching on!

I’m believing more and more that even liberal-ass PA won’t be a blue state for much longer.

Anyone with an ounce of a clue knows these stats are all bs. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Um, Ron voted for McLame if I remember correctly, just how smart does that make him?

Smarter than the people who voted for Obama. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
"Note too that the 41,000 increase in private payrolls marked a huge slowing from +218,000 in April and +158,000 in March, and the diffusion index sank like a stone, to 54.1% last month from 66.7%, so we have a situation where nearly half of the universe of employers were either cutting their payrolls or leaving them stagnant last month.  This is not the hallmark of a robust V-
shaped expansion deserving of an 80% rally off the lows, which is what we had on our hands little more than a month ago.  Look for consensus GDP growth and earnings revisions to start heading down in coming weeks."

Sums it up right there.  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Smarter than the people who voted for Obama. 

But not quite as smart as the Bob Barr voters.

Or, the people who didn't actually overlook the true conservatives in the 2008 GOP primaries :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
But not quite as smart as the Bob Barr voters.

Or, the people who didn't actually overlook the true conservatives in the 2008 GOP primaries :(

Bro - you thought the stim bill was a great idea and would create 4 million jobs in 18 months.  How smart does that make you? 

Fury

• Getbig V

You spent most of 2008 slumping for Obama. I think you mentioned Barr, at most, 10 times.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You spent most of 2008 slumping for Obama. I think you mentioned Barr, at most, 10 times.

240 and I made a bet in February 2009 about the stim bill.  I told him it wouldnt do jack shit and he claimed it would creat 4 million jobs in the 18 months Obama said it would.  I told 240 my economic sense is far greater than Obama's and he disagreed.  Fine.  I laid out my arguments in detail, painstaking detail in fact as to why the stim bill was a fraud from day 1, and 240, mons, blacken, benny, straw, mal and the rest of the Obama dolts disagreed with me and claim the stim bill was a good use of 800 Billion, "give him a chance", blah blah blah 

Now, we are 15 months after the Stim Bill and UE has since skyrocketed, we are TRILLIONS more in debt, the localtieis, states still have to lay people off, and we literally have ZERO to show for it. 

So in three months, when UE goes over 10% as college grads are added to the people looking for work, the census workers are fired, and the economy gets even worse, 240, Straw, Blacken, Mal, and the other Obama dorks are going to have to either admit the complete error and fallcy of their ways or simply come up with some other garbage shill job that defies all logic, common sense, and reality that we literally wasted a trillion dollars on absolutly nothing.

And I dont just blame Obama in this, its also bush, pelosi, reid, schumer, rangle, orzag, frank, dodd, etc. 

Since 2006, we have been on an economic kamakazi mission.     

Fury

• Getbig V
240 and I made a bet in February 2009 about the stim bill.  I told him it wouldnt do jack shit and he claimed it would creat 4 million jobs in the 18 months Obama said it would.  I told 240 my economic sense is far greater than Obama's and he disagreed.  Fine.  I laid out my arguments in detail, painstaking detail in fact as to why the stim bill was a fraud from day 1, and 240, mons, blacken, benny, straw, mal and the rest of the Obama dolts disagreed with me and claim the stim bill was a good use of 800 Billion, "give him a chance", blah blah blah  

Now, we are 15 months after the Stim Bill and UE has since skyrocketed, we are TRILLIONS more in debt, the localtieis, states still have to lay people off, and we literally have ZERO to show for it.  

So in three months, when UE goes over 10% as college grads are added to the people looking for work, the census workers are fired, and the economy gets even worse, 240, Straw, Blacken, Mal, and the other Obama dorks are going to have to either admit the complete error and fallcy of their ways or simply come up with some other garbage shill job that defies all logic, common sense, and reality that we literally wasted a trillion dollars on absolutly nothing.

And I dont just blame Obama in this, its also bush, pelosi, reid, schumer, rangle, orzag, frank, dodd, etc.  

Since 2006, we have been on an economic kamakazi mission.    

I remember saying that it takes 6-12 months to usually see the beginning effects of any major economic changes. 12 months have come and gone and we're worse off than when we started. As of right now, the stimulus has been a failure. I doubt this will change in the next 6 months.

This country added 41,000 private sector jobs last month. Only 41,000. That's preposterous.  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
cool, if I indeed said the 4 mil number, I'll def admit i was wrong in 2 months

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman

Ron ....who screwed you out of your money between June 2008, Dow approximately 12 000,  and Dec of 2008 when it got down to 8000??  :) I hope you're not gonna give me the explanation offered by somebody on this board that of course Dow was going down since everybody new Obama was pretty much gonna win the elections and was hell bent on destroying the private sector....or something like that.  ;)
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "