Author Topic: 2 men arrested in New Jersey on terrorism charges. Guess the religion!  (Read 900 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
2 New Jersey Men Arrested on Terrorism Charges
By WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM

Two New Jersey men in their 20s who were bound for Somalia to join an Islamic extremist group and to kill American troops were arrested at Kennedy International Airport late Saturday, federal and local authorities announced on Sunday.
Enlarge This Image

The men were taken into custody as they prepared to take separate flights to Egypt, the first leg of their journey to Somalia to join Al Shabaab, the officials said in a news release.

They were charged in a criminal complaint with conspiring to kill, maim and kidnap people outside the United States and were expected to be arraigned in federal court in Newark on Monday, according to the officials.

The men have been under scrutiny since 2006 by the F.B.I., after agents there received a tip. Eventually an undercover officer from the New York Police Department recorded numerous meetings and conversations with them, during which they discussed their plans, according to the complaint sworn out by Samuel P. Robinson, an F.B.I. agent assigned to the Newark office.

The arrests, which were announced by the office of New Jersey United States Attorney Paul J. Fishman, along with the F.B.I., the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness and the New York Police Department, were first reported early on Sunday in The Star-Ledger.

The two men, both United States citizens — Mr. Almonte lives in Elmwood Park, N.J., and Mr. Alessa in North Bergen, N.J. — physically conditioned themselves, engaged in paintball and tactical training, saved thousands of dollars for their trip acquired military gear and apparel, according to the criminal complaint.

They talked about what they said was their obligation to wage violent jihad and at times expressed a willingness to commit acts of violence in the United States, the complaint said.

On Nov. 29, 2009, for example, the complaint said that Mr. Alessa told Mr. Almonte and the undercover: “They only fear you when you have a gun and when you — when you start killing them, and when you — when you take their head, and you go like this, and you behead it on camera . . . We’ll start doing killing here, if I can’t do it over there.” Mr. Alessa used the Arabic words for gun and killing, according to the complaint.

The next day, Mr. Alessa told the undercover: “I leave this time, God willing, I never come back. I’ll never see this crap hole. Only way I would come back here is if I was in the land of jihad and the leader ordered me to come back here and do something here. Ah, I love that.”

The complaint said that more recently, on April 25, Mr. Almonte said that there would soon be United States troops in Somalia — which he called a good development because it would not be as gratifying to kill only Africans.

The men also watched and played for the undercover officer numerous video and audio recordings that promoted violent jihad, including lectures by Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni cleric who is suspected of using the Web to incite Muslims in the West to violence, and videos featuring attacks by Al Shabaab and other terrorist groups, the complaint said.

Al Shabaab was designated as a terrorist organization by the State Department in 2008. Federal authorities have said that as two dozen young men of Somali descent who had disappeared in the past two years from their homes in the Minneapolis area had been being recruited by Al Shabaab, which means “the youth” in Arabic, and one of them carried out a suicide bombing there in 2008.

Last year, the group claimed responsibility for mortar barrages aimed at a United States congressman, Donald M. Payne, a Democrat from New Jersey who was visiting Somalia.

Raymond W. Kelly, the New York police commissioner, said that like in other criminal cases, the department can not publicly acknowledge the undercover officer, but praised his work.

“Even when individuals plan to support terrorist activity abroad, we remain concerned that once they reach their foreign destinations they may be redirected against targets back home, as we’ve seen in the past,” he said. “We are also concerned that should they remain undetected and fail in their foreign aspirations that they might strike domestically, as was discussed as a possibility in this case.”

Mr. Fishman said the case demonstrated the seriousness with which law enforcement regard those who seek to join the ranks of violent extremists.

“When Alessa and Almonte schemed to engage in violent jihad, we were listening,” he said. “When they attempted to leave the country, we were waiting. We will continue to be vigilant and to protect against terrorism no matter where its adherents intend to do harm.”

Mr. Alessa had lived with his parents in a second floor apartment on 81st Street in North Bergen for at least 14 years, according to a downstairs neighbor who also owns the building. In years past, Mr. Alessa played in the backyard with her children, the neighbor said.

The family came from Jordan, the neighbor said. Mr. Alessa’s mother, Nadia, had been a teacher at some point, and his father had owned a store. The son went to college, the neighbor said.

He wore a long beard and often hung around with a heavier set man who the neighbor thought was Mr. Almonte.

“He was quiet. He was civil. There was nothing weird about him,” said the neighbor, who refused to give her name. “They kept to themselves, we kept to ourselves.”

Charles B. McKenna, the director of the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness, compared the radicalization of youth to the recruitment efforts of common street gangs, saying in the news release: “We must be vigilant in stopping our young men and women from being co-opted and trained to do us harm.”

Michael B. Ward, the special agent in charge of the Newark F.B.I. office, who oversees the Joint Terrorist Task Force there, said that the arrests were triggered by the men’s plans to travel overseas.

The two men were taken into custody at the airport based on arrest warrants issued by the United States District Court in Newark, according to the news release. Both were charged in a criminal complaint with a single count of conspiracy to kill, kidnap, maim, or injure persons or damage property in a foreign country. If convicted, they face a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Kareem Fahim contributed reporting from New Jersey.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/07/nyregion/07terror.html

Of course, the govt. nor 90% of the islamonazi press won't actually use any words that could identify these two are Muslim jihadists. I'm actually shocked that the NY Times did. Religion of Peace(TM) strikes again. What number is this now? :)

Fury

• Getbig V
Authorities say two New Jersey men arrested at a New York City airport allegedly on their way to join a jihadist group in Somalia had previously tried to get into Iraq.

New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly says Mohamed Mahmood Alessa, 21, and Carlos Eduardo Almonte, 26, had gone to Jordan in 2007. From there, they tried to get into Iraq but were turned back.

The two were arrested Saturday at John F. Kennedy International Airport before they could board separate flights to Egypt and then presumably continue on to Somalia to join the terrorist network al-Shabab, a group with links to Al Qaeda.

"It's a cause for concern," Kelly told reporters during a press conference on Sunday.

"It's not unlike other cases that we've seen recently where individuals who express an interest to do 'jihad' go overseas and then are turned around" and "come back to attempt acts of violence in the United States," he said, citing other high-profile cases, like Najibullah Zazi and Faisal Shahzad, both charged with plotting separate acts of terror inside the United States.

Alessa, of North Bergen, and Almonte, of Elmwood Park, have been charged with conspiring to commit an act of international terrorism.

State and federal law enforcement agents have been investigating Alessa and Almonte since 2006, intercepting several conversations between the two about beheading Americans and committing acts of terror.

On Nov. 29, 2009, authorities recorded a conversation between Alessa and Almonte in which Alessa allegedly said: "They only fear you when you have a gun and when you -- when you start killing them, and when you -- when you take their head, and you go like this...and you behead it on camera."

"We'll start doing killing here. If I can't do it, over there," Alessa said, according to the U.S. District Attorney's office.

Speaking of Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, charged with killing 13 people and wounding scores of others in a Nov. 5, 2009, massacre, Alessa allegedly told an undercover agent: "He's not better than me. I'll do twice what he did."

Alessa, a U.S. citizen of Palestinian descent, and Almonte, a naturalized U.S. citizen born in the Dominican Republican, are scheduled to appear Monday in federal court in Newark.

Alessa and Almonte had planned their trip to Somalia for several months, saving thousands of dollars, undergoing tactical training and test runs at paintball fields to condition themselves physically, and acquiring equipment and clothing they could use when they joined al-Shabab, officials said. Both had reportedly bragged about wanting to wage holy war against the United States both at home and internationally.

Officials said the two men were not planning an imminent attack in the New York-New Jersey area.

A neighbor of Alessa's, Helen Gonyou, said Alessa was attending school and lived with his parents but that she had not seen him in a while. They are good neighbors, she said, adding that she regularly exchanged pleasantries with Alessa's father.

She cautioned against prejudgment and called the charges an "unfortunate set of circumstances."

"I just have to hope that if the case is true, they caught them before they could do bodily harm to anyone," she said.

Fox News' David Lee Miller and the Associated Press contributed to this report

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/06/new-jersey-terror-suspects-tried-iraq-authorities-say/

More American Muslims eager to kill their fellow citizens. Add them to the already long, and continually growing, list of jihadist fucktards. Let's hear the justifications from the islamonazi apologist brigade for this. They lived in America. Their lives must have been so awful and they were most likely oppressed.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The FBi should "leak" the details of people who train overseas, come to america, practice wargames weekly and engage in other common pre-terror BS.  You know, the people they have to spend millions monitoring over 5 years, in order to be able to legally leap on them before they commit a crime.

Let the american people keep an eye on them.  or at least fck with them until they leave the USA.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Carlos sounds like a deranged, confused, ignorant, moron who probably should be cleaning dishes or washing cars instead of joinging the jihad.   

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
gosh thats hard to guess ::)
down with hussein

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Hopefully they will be able to give these guys prison terms that will keep them locked away for most of their lives.  I don't know what all they're facing, but it would be nice if they got life.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Carlos sounds like a deranged, confused, ignorant, moron who probably should be cleaning dishes or washing cars instead of joinging the jihad.   

How does John Walker Lindh sound?
C

Fury

• Getbig V

Exactly like 333 described. What's your point, Muslim retard?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Exactly like 333 described. What's your point, Muslim retard?

I know I shouldn't laughed, being she is mentally challenged, but that was funny.  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

JWL is a deranged guilt ridden whiter anti american freak who should have been shot on site.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Paintball, LOL!

WTF is it with people?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
JWL is a deranged guilt ridden whiter anti american freak who should have been shot on site.   

And you base this characterization upon what..the MSM that you complain about all the time?.
C

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Ehadis were probably learning BJJ from YouTube and DVR'd Ultimate Fighter reruns.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
And you base this characterization upon what..the MSM that you complain about all the time?.

There is no amount of spin even 240 can provide that can color JLW's joining the taliban.  Joinging the taliban speaks for itself.   

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Darn!

I was going to say hindu!

Fury

• Getbig V
Darn!

I was going to say hindu!

Haha, if only. But speaking of Hindus,

"57 Pakistani Hindus convert to Islam 'under pressure,'" by Amir Mir for DNA, May 28 (thanks to Dolmance):

ISLAMABAD: Over 50 Pakistani Hindus have converted to Islam in the Sialkot district of Punjab within a week (between May 14 and May 19) under pressure from their Muslim employers in a bid to retain their jobs and survive in the Muslim-dominated society.
As many as 35 Hindus converted to Islam on May 14, another 14 on May 17 and eight on May 19, 2010.

All the 57 Hindus who have converted belong to the Pasroor town of Sialkot.

According to some Pakistani electronic media reports, Mangut Ram, a close relative of some of the new converts, who lives in Sialkot, said that these Hindus had to embrace Islam because they were under pressure from their Muslim employers.

He said four Hindu brothers along with their families lived in the village of Nikki Pindi. Mangut Ram said that Hans Raj, Kans Raj, Meena/Kartar and Sardari Lal along with his nephews and sons worked at an eatery in Karachi.

According to Mangut Ram, his co workers often used to speak against Hindus in Karachi where his family worked. "The owner of the shop where I worked said that after a few months of his employing me the sales dropped drastically because people avoided purchasing and eating edibles prepared by Hindus. Many people opposed the large presence of Hindu employees at his shop and my boss felt pressured to change the situation," he added.

Ram said Sardari Lal and his brother Meena/Kartar had worked at the sweets shops for several years and made a decent living that allowed them to support their families.

He said other Muslims employees of the nearby shops discriminated against them and persecuted them. The shop owner was forced to think about their future at his establishment. "That was when the two brothers and their families decided to embrace Islam in order to keep their jobs and be secure," he added.

Ram confirmed that 13 family members of Sardari Lal, 12 members of Meena/ Kartar, their nephew Kans Raj's son Boota Ram along with three adults and several children of these families embraced Islam on May 14, 2010.

He said that Sardari Lal's older brothers Hans Raj and Kans Raj remained Hindus. Hans Raj too has said that he might consider converting to save his job. He said that life was 'just easier if one was Muslim' and he wouldn't be discriminated against.

Ram said that 14 Hindus of the Tapiala village had embraced Islam on May 17 because they were extremely poor and could not get jobs because no one would employ the large Hindu family.

He said that another relative of his, Parkash, who lived in the village of Seowal, along with his eight family members had embraced Islam in order to save their lands.

"After embracing Islam, Parkash Ram told me that Muslim neighbours had been mistreating him and had forced him to convert," Mangut Ram said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_57-pakistani-hindus-convert-to-islam-under-pressure_1388695

The tolerant and peaceful Muslims, lovers of all religions, strike again. Good thing we send Pakistan $10+ billion a year. ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The far left wing cowards in this country will do the same thing when the time comes.   

Fury

• Getbig V
Bloodlust of NJ 'jihadists'
Pair craved terror carnage, feds say

By PERRY CHIARAMONTE, C.J. SULLIVAN, MURRAY WEISS and CHUCK BENNETT

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bloodlust_of_tjUWgKCSnGMpRDcz9eUBXJ#ixzz0qBJEPxw5

They were the hate-filled, homegrown terrorists next door -- ready to cut your head off if they got the chance.
"They only fear you when you have a gun and when you, when you start killing them and when you take their head, and you go like this, and you behead it on camera," hissed terrorist wannabe Mohamed Alessa, 20, of North Bergen, NJ, during an undercover operation in 2009, a federal complaint unsealed yesterday revealed.

"My soul cannot rest until I shed blood."

Alessa and Carlos Eduardo Almonte, 24, of Elmwood Park, NJ, were busted at JFK Airport on Saturday night, trying to leave the country on separate flights for Cairo, allegedly en route to Somalia for training to kill Americans overseas -- and back at home....

"We'll start killing here, if I can't do it over there," Alessa, the son of Palestinian-Jordanian immigrants, said, according to the complaint.

"Freaking Major-Nidal-shaved-face-Palestinian-crazy guy, he's not better than me," Alessa allegedly said, referring to Army Maj. Nidal Hasan, the shrink who gunned down 13 fellow soldiers and injured scores more at Fort Hood in Texas.

"I'll do twice what he did. I wanna, like, be the world's known terrorist."

Not to be outdone, Almonte -- a native of the Dominican Republic who had converted to Islam and started calling himself Omar -- allegedly said he wanted to send Americans home "in caskets."

"Any Muslim that gets . . . even a 10 percent out of 100 chance of [waging jihad] should risk it . . . because [it's] better than sitting back here and working like a dog . . . and being somebody's puppy," Almonte seethed, according to the complaint.

Almonte also allegedly boasted, "I'm gonna get a gun. I'm the type of person to use it anytime . . . I'll have more bodies on it than . . . the hairs on my beard. You know what I'm saying? It's already enough that you don't worship Allah, so . . . that's a reason for you to die."...

"Once we got to high school, [Alessa] got very shady. He grew out his beard and started dressing differently. He got picked on because of the way he looked, and he had to quit and go to a prep school," said Daniel Forbes, 20, a former classmate in North Bergen.

"He always isolated himself from being American."

Almonte and Alessa started hanging out with a group [of] troubled Arabic kids who called themselves the Arabian Knights, neighbors said.

Yet more "Americans" actively looking to commit mass murder of their fellow citizens.