Author Topic: Anyone ever go on a Carnival Cruise?  (Read 12090 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Anyone ever go on a Carnival Cruise?
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:18:46 AM »
I'm going on a cruise for the first time in August.  I'm only going because it's free.  I don't like the idea of being trapped on a shipped for a week, but apparently these things are huge, free food 24*7.  I always pictured old people as the only ones that go on cruises.

Has anyone went?  What did you think?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Anyone ever go on a Carnival Cruise?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:28:58 AM »
Carnival is the cheaper generic version of Royal Caribbean.  Crowd is the cheaper version as well.  Younger college students and the elderly buffet dinosaurs.

Not one I would actually pay money to go on.  But since it is free for you, just relax and have a great time.  Food is decent.  Holland America line is known for the knock out food service.  Carnival isn't.  Though there are some sites that you can go to and download/view the exact menu for all restaurants for the time period you are going.  Start at the carnival site and see if the link is there.  The food is 90% included in the cruise free.  The only exception is the upper style restaurants and specialty dining options.  The drinks and shore excursions are where they get you for the $$$$

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 08:33:38 AM »
Mars went on the Getbig cruise but no one else turned up.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 08:34:02 AM »
The Love Boat soon will be making another run... Love, exciting and new, come aboard, we'll be expecting you.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 08:36:02 AM »
I cannot wait for some of these HUGE cruise ships with millions of guests and personal to go under

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 08:36:08 AM »
The Love Boat soon will be making another run... Love, exciting and new, come aboard, we'll be expecting you.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 09:05:40 AM »
I cannot wait for some of these HUGE cruise ships with millions of guests and personal to go under

:D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 09:50:30 AM »
:D

Seriously dude have you ever seen that series on Discovery channel? Cruise ship diary.

These fucking things and especially the "performers" on the ship (with exception of the hot dance girls) are a fucking abomination.

Luv_2build

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 10:31:24 AM »
Carnival is the cheaper generic version of Royal Caribbean.  Crowd is the cheaper version as well.  Younger college students and the elderly buffet dinosaurs.

Not one I would actually pay money to go on.  But since it is free for you, just relax and have a great time.  Food is decent.  Holland America line is known for the knock out food service.  Carnival isn't.  Though there are some sites that you can go to and download/view the exact menu for all restaurants for the time period you are going.  Start at the carnival site and see if the link is there.  The food is 90% included in the cruise free.  The only exception is the upper style restaurants and specialty dining options.  The drinks and shore excursions are where they get you for the $$$$

I have not been on a Carnival cruise before, but i have done holland america twice and they were both top notch, and the food was amazing.  I have heard a lot of bad stories about Carnival from bed bugs, to food illness.  Since you aren't paying for it, I agree have fun but if you ever pay for it yourself definately keep in mind you get what you pay for on cruises.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »
I have not been on a Carnival cruise before, but i have done holland america twice and they were both top notch, and the food was amazing.  I have heard a lot of bad stories about Carnival from bed bugs, to food illness.  Since you aren't paying for it, I agree have fun but if you ever pay for it yourself definately keep in mind you get what you pay for on cruises.

I've been finding youtube videos and I swear it's been all fat people.    I guess fat people and buffets go hand in hand

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »

THIS!

Enjoy though, it's free!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 10:52:38 AM »
ive been on 2 Carnival cruises, both were awesome. cruises are actually an EXCELLENT deal cost-wise. you get lodging and INFINITE FOOD, as well as access to so many things. theres really nothing like a cruise.

Carnival is like the entry-level one i think, but it is PERFECTLY GOOD unless you are some kind of arrogant snob used to staying at the ritz-carlton and only associates with rich people.
i never had any complaints, i mean shit they treat you so good you feel like fucking royalty walking around being served and attended constantly.

like someone said the drinks and the shore excursions is where they get you cost-wise. drinks are expensive but honestly when im on a cruise i dont really feel like just sitting around and drinking anyways.

id recommend it for sure, id have zero problems going on dozens more carnival cruises.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »
I've been finding youtube videos and I swear it's been all fat people.    I guess fat people and buffets go hand in hand

So you'll be right at home?  ???

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 11:05:46 AM »
So you'll be right at home?  ???

very original.  Are you still masturbating to images of me?

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 11:11:08 AM »
stick your fat german ass on a u boat and torpedo the fucking thing

Luv_2build

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 11:59:13 AM »

You will be lucky to see a handful of other people that have ever even seen the inside of a gym.  Great people watching.   As far as alcohol goes, on my cruises i was able to buy an entire bottle of whiskey for about 30-35 bucks which is a bargain when you are paying 8-10 per mixed drink.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 12:04:41 PM »
You will be lucky to see a handful of other people that have ever even seen the inside of a gym.  Great people watching.   As far as alcohol goes, on my cruises i was able to buy an entire bottle of whiskey for about 30-35 bucks which is a bargain when you are paying 8-10 per mixed drink.
so what you're saying is MOS will blend right in

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »
Its ok the first few days then it gets kinda boring. Some of the food is okay most of it is crap. Shore excursions don't have to be bought from carnival, excursions are offered by the native people for cheaper and they are more fun. All around its a decent experience.
Don't let em fool ya

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »
I've been on both Royal Caribbean and Carnival (2x on RC)

like someone above said, Carnival is the cheap entry level cruise line..RC is the upper class, top notch one.

Going on another cruise for my honeymoon in few months, will def. be Royal Caribbean

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 12:54:10 PM »
I've been on both Royal Caribbean and Carnival (2x on RC)

like someone above said, Carnival is the cheap entry level cruise line..RC is the upper class, top notch one.

Going on another cruise for my honeymoon in few months, will def. be Royal Caribbean

congrats.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 01:05:33 PM »
Been a 1 Royal Carrib cruise in 2009.....had a blast.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 01:46:26 PM »
Mars went on the Getbig cruise but no one else turned up.
Mars never returned he has been missing for sometime..

epic_alien

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 02:52:57 PM »
been on holland america and princess cruises

holland america is best for food and service, i plan on another with them in october,

princess was ok but wasnt the best service. crew seemed tired

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 03:00:27 PM »
Mars never returned he has been missing for sometime..

hes over on getbig2 (muscle week) posting up a storm. in the middle east trying to organize the 3rd intifada against the infidels

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 03:41:42 PM »
congrats.

Thanka! :) Royal Carribean really is top notch, Carnival is good for the money , but you can tell it's aimed at a cheaper market, RC really was incredible.. esp. with event planning and activities , every morning you were delivered a daily itenirary of daily events , functions and shows.. this was a huge drawback on Carnival where no one knew what the hell was going on and when, generally it seemed a bit disorganized. The buffet on Carnival was all fried American type food, on RC you had a crazy buffet selection 24/7 and tons of fat free healthy food as well. RC also had a best body contest which I won :) I got a gift certificate to some of the ship stores, a RC windbreakrt, hat , champagne and big medal and trophy! it was cool as hell.