Author Topic: Spyshots of the upcoming BMW 1M/M1 coupe.  (Read 2290 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Spyshots of the upcoming BMW 1M/M1 coupe.
« on: June 09, 2010, 02:37:44 PM »
Here are the latest spyshots of the 2011 BMW 1M/M1. Nobody yet knows what it will be called, but it is a M car that slots underneath the M3. There is a great possibility that it will outhandle and possibly be faster than the M3...it is slated for a 1 to 2 yr run with a possible GTS track version as well, along with a convertible. It is supposed to be a farewell to the E82 platform...possible max HP of 360 PS with a lot of torque. Inside sources say that it is comparable to the E46 M3 CSL in terms of feel.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395170

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Spyshots of the upcoming BMW 1M/M1 coupe.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 02:49:20 PM »
wow....bmw isn't even trying in the looks department anymore.they may ride, and run great, but the looks.....in recent years they look like a failed attempt to melt a Hyundai, and a Lexus together...

bench

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »
wow....bmw isn't even trying in the looks department anymore.they may ride, and run great, but the looks.....in recent years they look like a failed attempt to melt a Hyundai, and a Lexus together...

bench
truth. Ugly ass car. Hopefully the production looks better.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:22:55 PM »

bench
You do know that this is pre-production. They finally announced that they have a M car based on the 1 series a few days ago...after months of testing. BMW tests in stages. They finally put the quad exhausts on. In time the front intakes, side skirts, rear defuser and CSL style ducktail and power dome on
hood will appear. The finalized car will appear in December...chances are you will be seeing a cross between the E46 M3 and the latest M Division styling cues.

If you notice, you'll see specific designed BBS rims (the regular BBS have 7 spokes, the ones on the BMW are 8 spoke), M3
brakes and supposedly M3 suspension bits with a LSD.
Of course the engine is the N55, now the S55, which will be th basis for the next F30 M3

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »
You do know that this is pre-production. They finally announced that they have a M car based on the 1 series a few days ago...after months of testing. BMW tests in stages. They finally put the quad exhausts on. In time the front intakes, side skirts, rear defuser and CSL style ducktail and power dome on
hood will appear. The finalized car will appear in December...chances are you will be seeing a cross between the E46 M3 and the latest M Division styling cues.

If you notice, you'll see specific designed BBS rims (the regular BBS have 7 spokes, the ones on the BMW are 8 spoke), M3
brakes and supposedly M3 suspension bits with a LSD.
Of course the engine is the N55, now the S55, which will be th basis for the next F30 M3

it wont matter....BMW has done nothing but let me down the last few years in the looks department......

bench

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »
it wont matter....BMW has done nothing but let me down the last few years in the looks department......

bench
wait for the upcoming M5. Check the vids...of course this is pre-production with camo. Speculation is that it has 580-600 hp, final product will have active aero bits and may use the F1 KERS device.
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380231

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »
wait for the upcoming M5. Check the vids...of course this is pre-production with camo. Speculation is that it has 580-600 hp, final product will have active aero bits and may use the F1 KERS device.
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380231
of course it will have a lot of power and nifty gadgets........just like a ugly fat girl has to have a personality....

bench

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 04:11:13 PM »
of course it will have a lot of power and nifty gadgets........just like a ugly fat girl has to have a personality....

bench
Hahaha, there is no satisfying you. We'll see once the final product comes out, if you change your tune. But, I think you like boosted engines...what would do with a twin turbo V8 putting out 580-600 as a baseline?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 04:11:18 PM »
Here are the latest spyshots of the 2011 BMW 1M/M1. Nobody yet knows what it will be called, but it is a M car that slots underneath the M3. There is a great possibility that it will outhandle and possibly be faster than the M3...it is slated for a 1 to 2 yr run with a possible GTS track version as well, along with a convertible. It is supposed to be a farewell to the E82 platform...possible max HP of 360 PS with a lot of torque. Inside sources say that it is comparable to the E46 M3 CSL in terms of feel.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395170

You're crazy dude, why would they make a piece of shit 1 series car with more power than their top selling sports coupe, the m3 !?!?!? that's like Chevrolet putting out a cavalier with more horsepower than a 'Vette !!?!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 04:13:38 PM »
Hahaha, there is no satisfying you. We'll see once the final product comes out, if you change your tune. But, I think you like boosted engines...what would do with a twin turbo V8 putting out 580-600 as a baseline?
the powers isnt the concern....its just that BMW forgot how to make their cars look good...they are depending too much on the aftermarket...

bench

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 04:32:37 PM »
You're crazy dude, why would they make a piece of shit 1 series car with more power than their top selling sports coupe, the m3 !?!?!? that's like Chevrolet putting out a cavalier with more horsepower than a 'Vette !!?!

Read what I wrote. Inside info (a dude by the name of Scott26 on the forum, who has leaked info and pics to the press---not by accident) states that power is around 360 PS (German for horsepower), torque will be more than the M3, which has about 295. The M3 in Euro spec has 420 hp, so that is 420 and 295 for the M3, which is about 3,600 pounds (the M3 Competition Model), whereas the 1 series M model will have about 360-370 hp and roughly 350 pound feet of torque, and weigh around 3,200-3,300 pounds, if not less than that.
The info that has been presented is that the 1M is more track oriented than the M3, and thus will probably out handle the M3 on the track. BMW new for 2010 135i with DCT does 0-60 in roughly 4.6 secs, so the M model will have to beat that. You are looking at 0-60 times of 4.3-4.4 secs, if not less.
The M3 line up has seen the introduction of the 450+ Hp GTS version which is like a 911 GT3, and then there is the upcoming GTS-R, which is to celebrate BMW win of 24 hrs of Nurburgring, this model is like the 911 GT3 RS. So, this is showing that BMW is taking the M3 up a notch and having the new M based on the one series take over that spot.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 04:35:29 PM »
Read what I wrote. Inside info (a dude by the name of Scott26 on the forum, who has leaked info and pics to the press---not by accident) states that power is around 360 PS (German for horsepower), torque will be more than the M3, which has about 295. The M3 in Euro spec has 420 hp, so that is 420 and 295 for the M3, which is about 3,600 pounds (the M3 Competition Model), whereas the 1 series M model will have about 360-370 hp and roughly 350 pound feet of torque, and weigh around 3,200-3,300 pounds, if not less than that.
The info that has been presented is that the 1M is more track oriented than the M3, and thus will probably out handle the M3 on the track. BMW new for 2010 135i with DCT does 0-60 in roughly 4.6 secs, so the M model will have to beat that. You are looking at 0-60 times of 4.3-4.4 secs, if not less.
The M3 line up has seen the introduction of the 450+ Hp GTS version which is like a 911 GT3, and then there is the upcoming GTS-R, which is to celebrate BMW win of 24 hrs of Nurburgring, this model is like the 911 GT3 RS. So, this is showing that BMW is taking the M3 up a notch and having the new M based on the one series take over that spot.

Fair enough but I wouldn't take scott26's (some guy on a forum!? lol) word for it..

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 04:54:23 PM »
Fair enough but I wouldn't take scott26's (some guy on a forum!? lol) word for it..

The dude who posts as Scott26, works for BMW in Germany. Apparently he is in the marketing department. He has dropped hints on when and where  spyshots will taken, when testing will take place, and he has been right all the time. He has leaked info on what the finished product will look like. This seems to be part of a marketing plan to judge the fervor for a new M model.
As I said he has been spot on all the time. In fact, he said that these pics were going to come out this past weekend, and they did. He even informed us about upcoming testing in the US and where.

BTW, at one time Buick's GNX was GMs fastest and most powerful car, beating the Vette...

Bench, fair enough.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »

they are running VMR rims rims on it.

b

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 05:07:35 PM »
The dude who posts as Scott26, works for BMW in Germany. Apparently he is in the marketing department. He has dropped hints on when and where  spyshots will taken, when testing will take place, and he has been right all the time. He has leaked info on what the finished product will look like. This seems to be part of a marketing plan to judge the fervor for a new M model.
As I said he has been spot on all the time. In fact, he said that these pics were going to come out this past weekend, and they did. He even informed us about upcoming testing in the US and where.

BTW, at one time Buick's GNX was GMs fastest and most powerful car, beating the Vette...

Bench, fair enough.

Yes but that was in the mid 80's, the Corvette didn't exactly live up to it's pedigree after 1979 until the late 90's
Same with the mid 90's Mustang's.. what A POS

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 05:10:01 PM »
Yes but that was in the mid 80's, the Corvette didn't exactly live up to it's pedigree after 1979 until the late 90's
Same with the mid 90's Mustang's.. what A POS
prime example of what i was talking about earlier......car companies leaving all the design, and engineering to the aftermarket...

bench

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 05:23:52 PM »

The look is similar, but no, those are specially designed by BBS, they are the CSL type rims that were on the e46 M3 CSL and heavier version on the US spec Competition packaged E46 M3. These are very similar to ones on the current Competition package M3. The ones shown on this car are 19s. BMW has a affinity for BBS, there are pics of the new M5 prototype running on black BBS FIs, which run about 10 grand per wheel, I believe. A 19 inch BBS FI weighs about 16 pounds, which is very, very light for a 19 inch rim.

Bench, BMW hates the aftermarket, only select venders/companies. When people do all that shit to their cars and then bring it to the dealer to fix the problem (M3 engines having problems, the turbo HPFP problems--and then you chip it) too much shit.

BTW, there is this guy with a neon orange riced out mid 90s Mustang near me. He has the clear lights and all types of horrendous stuff going on wit. That car, and it sounds like a weed wacker

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 05:26:45 PM »
The look is similar, but no, those are specially designed by BBS, they are the CSL type rims that were on the e46 M3 CSL and heavier version on the US spec Competition packaged E46 M3. These are very similar to ones on the current Competition package M3. The ones shown on this car are 19s. BMW has a affinity for BBS, there are pics of the new M5 prototype running on black BBS FIs, which run about 10 grand per wheel, I believe. A 19 inch BBS FI weighs about 16 pounds, which is very, very light for a 19 inch rim.

Bench, BMW hates the aftermarket, only select venders/companies. When people do all that shit to their cars and then bring it to the dealer to fix the problem (M3 engines having problems, the turbo HPFP problems--and then you chip it) too much shit.

BTW, there is this guy with a neon orange riced out mid 90s Mustang near me. He has the clear lights and all types of horrendous stuff going on wit. That car, and it sounds like a weed wacker
BMW loves the aftermarket....have you ever been to a SCCA event?.....BMW loves nothing more than you to load up you ugly ass BMW with tons of aftermarket shit, in the hopes of it breaking, you paying for it, and them not having to do warranty work...

bench

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 05:34:08 PM »

These are rims, noticed the "CSL style"
http://www.velocitymotoring.com/wheels_vb3.html

Bench, I guess what Im trying to say from a dealer standpoint, they hate aftermarket, unless it's from certain companies that only do BMW, like Alpina, Hartge, AC Schitzer, Dinan, Hamann... Or BMW sport..

From a "get you to buy aftermarket stuff" standpoint, yes you are correct.
But, too many people posts on that forum about having aftermarket stuff and the dealerships saying "this is not under warranty, we are not paying"

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »

What's the BMW equivalent of AMG ?? I know there is some German company that offers similar style packages or at least there used to be in the late 90's, their name escapes me but I know they are based in Germany, I think it might have been Alpa or something along those lines.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 12:50:49 AM »
What's the BMW equivalent of AMG ?? I know there is some German company that offers similar style packages or at least there used to be in the late 90's, their name escapes me but I know they are based in Germany, I think it might have been Alpa or something along those lines.

M is the their equilavent. M Division was before Mercedes AMG Division. But AMG was established back in the late 60's. If you want to go toe to toe then Alpina would be considered the same as AMG, because both stated around the same time--Alpina is a BMW tuner, and actually a manufacturer...they have a agreement that the Alpinas don't outperform the M Division cars.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 08:08:47 AM »

bench
X2. A 2004 M3 or M5 looks WAY better than a 2010. I am sure the newer models are loaded with sick goodies and are faster but look like doodoo.