Author Topic: Are liberals and democrats turning on Obama?  (Read 355 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Are liberals and democrats turning on Obama?
« on: June 10, 2010, 06:52:46 AM »

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=385x473789

________________________ ________________________ _________________

Lena inRI (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-10-10 08:37 AM
Response to Original message
17. SOLIDARITY . . .big rec for Big Ed. . .
 Edited on Thu Jun-10-10 08:53 AM by Lena inRI
. . .he has verbalized the widening breach between Obamacrats and Realdemocrats.

I'm beyond angry with chameleon Obama.

Just threw out his 2 books in the trash.. . along with the campaign sign I displayed from pre-primary 07 to his election 08. In fact, for 2012, I'm putting up a public apology for that support and I will be promoting ANYBODY BUT OBAMA.

This Obamacrat and his contempt for working class and progressives has become undeniable.

This bipartisanship of Obama-WClinton-GHWBush. . .this unflappable alienation of labor and progressives. . .this coalition forming a new Corporatist Party right before our very eyes. . .

Triumviri Imperitori. . .
A triumvirate (from Latin, "of three men") is a political regime dominated by three powerful individuals, each a triumvir (pl. triumviri)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Are liberals and democrats turning on Obama?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 07:06:35 AM »
I remember watching Roland Martin, when he was substituting for Campbell Brown on CNN. The topic came up as to why value voters didn't have quite the impact on the 2008 election that they had, during the 2004 election (notwithstanding the marriage amendments passed in FL, CA, and AZ).

Roland stated that it's all about jobs. Nobody cares about values, per se, because "When you broke as hell, YOU BROKE AS HELL!!"

I would suggest that the same holds true today. And that's why Obama is taking the beatings that he has, as of late.

"When you broke as hell", the last thing on your mind is global warming, gays servings openly in the military, ObamaCare, so-called clean energy, etc.

At the end of the day, it's JOBS, JOBS, JOBS. This was the thing on which Obama supposedly has "laser-like" focus. The American people ain't buying it. His focus has been on everything BUT jobs, as testified by even his MOST LOYAL and fierce advocates (How many times has Jesse Jackson, the Congressional Black Caucus, etc. echoed that the first black president has done next to nothing for black people?).

This oil spill only accelerates Obama's woes, because it clearly puts his imcompetence on FULL DISPLAY for all to see. Excluding those permanently prostrate before images of Obama (locking onto his nuts, like a starving pitbull on a T-Bone steak), the American people see this goof for the fraud that he is. And all the cussing on national TV ain't going to change that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 07:26:14 AM »
You mean the jobs summit didnt do squat? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »
You mean the jobs summit didnt do squat?  

Other than being a great treatment for insomnia, I'd say NO!

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 11:25:30 AM »
I think the polls show they are. I think when staunch supporters like Spike "Bush caused Hurricane Katrina" Lee, and James "Hillary should be Pres" Carvle all blast the O'nointed one.... Times are a changing... Speaking of TIMES, the NYT has had a number of negative articles lately about Obama.

WHEN ALL OF THESE are not towing the line for this man, his agenda, AND coupled with poll numbers in the 40%'s for approval across the country... he is doomed unless something drastic happens that skyrocket him to the 78% approval ratings he had in the early months of his pres.